SE will not win the WC with a wowo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
SE will not win the WC with a wowo

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is a known fact. All the past worldcup winners "knows what's up". I have been telling yall. We have players who've done it all in football as players and as coaches. They played in Europe, for the biggest clubs, played at the worldcup, seen everything... these journey men, will never take us anywhere.( even dem yeye resume's gats nada on our LCs) We need to focus on that 94 set , because there are so many brilliant minds being neglected. tell me why people like rohr , should get a pass?( the worldcup was a massive failure and getting only a point from SA in 2 matches is a huge F) How can a country who has been to the worldcup 6 times, be going there to learn? Now the torey be say we are going to ordinary AFCON to learn some more...wetin dem give our locals smoke and drink?

Amunike, Oliseh, Finidi etc are minds that i believe will take the SE to greater heights. The NFF should do what is right now..releive Rohr and hire LCs, let them use this AFCON to go and learn.... why should rorh get a pass , nah ordinary Iceland bobo beat dey confuse una..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE will not win the WC with a wowo

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:this is a known fact. All the past worldcup winners "knows what's up". I have been telling yall. We have players who've done it all in football as players and as coaches. They played in Europe, for the biggest clubs, played at the worldcup, seen everything... these journey men, will never take us anywhere.( even dem yeye resume's gats nada on our LCs) We need to focus on that 94 set , because there are so many brilliant minds being neglected. tell me why people like rohr , should get a pass?( the worldcup was a massive failure and getting only a point from SA in 2 matches is a huge F) How can a country who has been to the worldcup 6 times, be going there to learn? Now the torey be say we are going to ordinary AFCON to learn some more...wetin dem give our locals smoke and drink?

Amunike, Oliseh, Finidi etc are minds that i believe will take the SE to greater heights. The NFF should do what is right now..releive Rohr and hire LCs, let them use this AFCON to go and learn.... why should rorh get a pass , nah ordinary Iceland bobo beat dey confuse una..smh
Maybe for the same reason you are still in adult education learning what you failed to learn when dem send you go school back when they were using log tables and slide rules; its a new ball game now :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:this is a known fact. All the past worldcup winners "knows what's up". I have been telling yall. We have players who've done it all in football as players and as coaches. They played in Europe, for the biggest clubs, played at the worldcup, seen everything... these journey men, will never take us anywhere.( even dem yeye resume's gats nada on our LCs) We need to focus on that 94 set , because there are so many brilliant minds being neglected. tell me why people like rohr , should get a pass?( the worldcup was a massive failure and getting only a point from SA in 2 matches is a huge F) How can a country who has been to the worldcup 6 times, be going there to learn? Now the torey be say we are going to ordinary AFCON to learn some more...wetin dem give our locals smoke and drink?

Maybe for the same reason you are still in adult education learning what you failed to learn when dem send you go school back when they were using log tables and slide rules; its a new ball game now :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
i have no idea what you are talking about
SuperEagles

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

:clap: :clap: :thumb:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

It figures. :idea:

(Just teasing. No mind me o)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I do not know why you are so blind to see, we aren't progressing with Rohr..we've not improved be it in rankings..our goalkeeping department is still a joke. We struggle to score goals . I do not know why you fail to see this..come afcon, you will finally complian and be the first to chase the clueless rohr
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I do not know why you are so blind to see, we aren't progressing with Rohr..we've not improved be it in rankings..our goalkeeping department is still a joke. We struggle to score goals . I do not know why you fail to see this..come afcon, you will finally complian and be the first to chase the clueless rohr
OKay nah. I don hear.
I don't agree with you. You were the one that confidently predicted just a few days ago that the U23 team was going nowhere. So you are not exactly the most analytical of critics. Too much emotion.

As for Rohr, all you are doing is picking and choosing. And even at that, your choice of 'facts' is suspect.
Rohr can only use what he has. If we don't have a pool of great 'keepers for instance, he will use what he has. He has chosen Uzoho. There is a reason he prefers him over Ezenwa and Akpeyi, not to mention all those allegedly 'great' keepers languishing in the NPFL.
If we don't have world class strikers, we don't have them. Finish.
He has brought in a clutch of young bloods to test them out. Its up to them to prove their mettle.

I've not done it yet, but it might be a good idea to compare Rohr's record of his first 30 games with all of his predecessors and make an objective comparison rather than all this emotional, subjective stuff.

You don't like him, fine.
But at least try and be objective. This guy's loss of goodwill with you lot all came with that painful loss to Argentina. Everything is anchored around that. His record in qualifying us for the WC and this AFCON are casually dismissed as if they count for nothing.

As for the 'learning' statement, people are just being silly.
I've lost count of the national team managers that talk about their young squads 'learning'. The latest was Gareth Southgate (England) just yesterday talking about his young squad players 'learning' as they go along.

I don't hear the press calling for his head, unlike we Nigerians that are too good, too big and too proud to 'learn'. :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

first off, the u23 was a one off, Nigeria invited the Super Eagles to play a rubbish Libya in the 2nd leg, of course it is the norm they were going to win. Lets be honest everyone knew that. I can beat my chest and say if they those SE players weren't invited they story would be different.

It's been 2 years and Rohr is still parading Akpeyi. He has no backups to Odion the PK scorer( how many goals from the 7 he scored were from the spot ? the bottom line is we labor to create chances and we seem to have no solution to that.. Then the defense oh my , the less said the better

rohr hasn't done anything so far, people are just being sentimental because we missed two Afcons.... the last one was by technicality
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:first off, the u23 was a one off, Nigeria invited the Super Eagles to play a rubbish Libya in the 2nd leg, of course it is the norm they were going to win. Lets be honest everyone knew that. I can beat my chest and say if they those SE players weren't invited they story would be different.

It's been 2 years and Rohr is still parading Akpeyi. He has no backups to Odion the PK scorer( how many goals from the 7 he scored were from the spot ? the bottom line is we labor to create chances and we seem to have no solution to that.. Then the defense oh my , the less said the better

rohr hasn't done anything so far, people are just being sentimental because we missed two Afcons.... the last one was by technicality
No. People are being sentimental because they do not have the liver or the patience to see a building process through.

No pain no gain they say, but like I predicted months before the WC, Nigerians have no stomach for pain. We want instant and spectacular results. Its not as if Rohr has inflicted insufferable pain on Nigerians sef. His results do not support that view at all.

The same impatience was evident in the Keshi era when he repeatedly spoke of "a work in progress". Despite eventually winning AFCON, the criticisms kept coming and the criticisms promptly shifted to something else.
Amodu's 'problem' was that we didn't like the way the team played, "not our Nigerian style" or "too boring" bla-bla-blah. :roll:

When will we just settle down and allow these people to do their work?
Ever head of Germany?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:first off, the u23 was a one off, Nigeria invited the Super Eagles to play a rubbish Libya in the 2nd leg, of course it is the norm they were going to win. Lets be honest everyone knew that. I can beat my chest and say if they those SE players weren't invited they story would be different.

No. People are being sentimental because they do not have the liver or the patience to see a building process through.

No pain no gain they say, but like I predicted months before the WC, Nigerians have no stomach for pain. We want instant and spectacular results. Its not as if Rohr has inflicted insufferable pain on Nigerians sef. His results do not support that view at all.

The same impatience was evident in the Keshi era when he repeatedly spoke of "a work in progress". Despite eventually winning AFCON, the criticisms kept coming and the criticisms promptly shifted to something else.
Amodu's 'problem' was that we didn't like the way the team played, "not our Nigerian style" or "too boring" bla-bla-blah. :roll:

Ever head of Germany?
This is the perfect apologetic excuse, we are rebuilding. How long are we supposed to continue to hear the term re-build? this is Rohrs 3rd year as the manager of the SE, and the excuse we should accept is we are rebuilding....same thing Onigbede said after the worldcup in 2002..we are rebuilding ...hmmm..my people will never learn .. Rohr has taken the SE as far as he can,,,, the man is a football coward and will not add anything else to the team..Afcon is in 2 and a half months...yeap we sure are going to learn in Egypt, because we've been rebuilding fro 3 years now. i am sure you didn't watch the match vs Seychelles...sure we are rebuilding vs the likes of Libya and Seychelles . The display was pathetic
SuperEagles

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Is Finidi coaching? Oliseh we already tried out and he crashed and burned.

Let's see what Amuneke does at the AFCON then maybe he can get a shot.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

People like to simplify the issues with LC and FC when it's deeper than that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Ever head of Germany?
This is the perfect apologetic excuse, we are rebuilding. How long are we supposed to continue to hear the term re-build? this is Rohrs 3rd year as the manager of the SE, and the excuse we should accept is we are rebuilding....same thing Onigbede said after the worldcup in 2002..we are rebuilding ...hmmm..my people will never learn .. Rohr has taken the SE as far as he can,,,, the man is a football coward and will not add anything else to the team..Afcon is in 2 and a half months...yeap we sure are going to learn in Egypt, because we've been rebuilding fro 3 years now. i am sure you didn't watch the match vs Seychelles...sure we are rebuilding vs the likes of Libya and Seychelles . The display was pathetic
Guy, the rebuilding process isn't a simple matter of changing personnel.
A generational change is a gradual process. Look at the current squad.

The last arguably world class player we had was (is) Mikel. Maybe Enyeama too. After them, there are potential world class players like Iwobi, Chukwueze and Osimhen. Age difference 8-10 years. Mikel was the only player of his own generation that fitted that description. Before him were Kanu, Okocha and Finidi, probably 10-15 years his senior. In between, nuttin.

What does that tell you?
You think rebuilding na beans?

This is exactly what I am saying. You don't have the presence of mind to see a proper rebuilding process through. You are complaining about goalkeepers and strikers, blaming Rohr, as if it is his duty to manufacture them.

Yeah, right. Maybe he should go yansh some Nigerian ashis and hope the pikins dem turn into world-class ballers.
Msscheeeuuuw.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

BP nice one. :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Ever head of Germany?

The last arguably world class player we had was (is) Mikel. Maybe Enyeama too. After them, there are potential world class players like Iwobi, Chukwueze and Osimhen. Age difference 8-10 years. Mikel was the only player of his own generation that fitted that description. Before him were Kanu, Okocha and Finidi, probably 10-15 years his senior. In between, nuttin.

What does that tell you?

This is exactly what I am saying. You don't have the presence of mind to see a proper rebuilding process through. You are complaining about goalkeepers and strikers, blaming Rohr, as if it is his duty to manufacture them.

Yeah, right. Maybe he should go yansh some Nigerian ashis and hope the pikins dem turn into world-class ballers.
Msscheeeuuuw.
seriously? you are claiming rebuilding with the likes of Akpeyi , SMH...damunk, are you for real?
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Both BP and Damunk are right in their respective arguments/submissions. Both my own opinion is that if we are going to rebuild, it has to be under a coach that instills the type of confidence, flair, and arrogance (if I may use that word) that characterizes the Nigerian football philosophy...and not a coach that will use the "we are here to learn" excuse every given time! such statements go a long way in having a telling effect on the players, and diminishes whatever confidence they have even if they face teams that are comparatively better than them, the competitive spirit just gets deflated when you are too minimal in your approach. Nevertheless, much credit to Rohr for qualifying us to the AFCON, but he is just too conservative for my liking... and if you are going to be taken serious about rebuilding a team... you contradict yourself by taking few steps forward when promoting players like Ndidi, Iwobi, Osimhen, Azubuike, Okereke, etc... And then take 20 steps backward by inflicting deadweights like Ogu, Akpeyi, Shehu on Nigerian fans.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Ever head of Germany?

What does that tell you?

Msscheeeuuuw.
seriously? you are claiming rebuilding with the likes of Akpeyi , SMH...damunk, are you for real?
No, are you?
Where did Uzoho come from? From Siasia's team? Keshi's?

Oya nah....go bring correct keeper from NPFL make we see.

Shebi they tried Afekholai? What was the verdict?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Ever head of Germany?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo