Nothing against coach Amunike but....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nothing against coach Amunike but....

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

You all probably know that Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania are the three friendliest neighbors south of the Sahara right? So it came as no surprise that Uganda had already qualified for AFCON and Tanzania needed a favor from a sister country. This had to be a the expense of Lesotho (tiny poor landlocked country surrounded by RSA). If Lesotho had won against Cape Verde, then Tanzania wouldn't have qualified. But Uganda turned the other cheek and let Tanzania win. So this victory should not go into Amunike's head.
I think Naija pulled a similar stunt with Liberia way back when during World Cup qualifications...Kabalega you can help me here.. :wink:

46 year old Amunike pictured on Sunday.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nothing against coach Amunike but....

Post by vancity eagle »

qualifying for an expanded ANC where virtually half of the teams qualify is no big deal.

Let us see what Amunike can do at the tournament before we make noise.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:qualifying for an expanded ANC where virtually half of the teams qualify is no big deal.

Let us see what Amunike can do at the tournament before we make noise.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Let us see how he coaches under pressure!
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

For Tanzania, it is a big deal to qualify for the AFCON. That has to be clear. It matters little whether it is an expanded AFCON or not. That has already been underlined by the team meeting the President and getting major awards. It might not look major for Nigeria but it certainly is for Tanzania.

It is similar to Nigeria reaching the second round of the World Cup. That second round is nothing for the likes of Brazil but for us, Nigeria, it is HUGE. :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, OGOLO’s Kenya fumbles and wobbles out of the U23 AFCON qualifiers...
Clever way to avoid being embarrassed and humiliated yet again by Nigeria in the next round! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Enugu II wrote:For Tanzania, it is a big deal to qualify for the AFCON. That has to be clear. It matters little whether it is an expanded AFCON or not. That has already been underlined by the team meeting the President and getting major awards. It might not look major for Nigeria but it certainly is for Tanzania.

It is similar to Nigeria reaching the second round of the World Cup. That second round is nothing for the likes of Brazil but for us, Nigeria, it is HUGE. :rotf:
Fact not feelings! :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote:Meanwhile, OGOLO’s Kenya fumbles and wobbles out of the U23 AFCON qualifiers...
Clever way to avoid being embarrassed and humiliated yet again by Nigeria in the next round! :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:You all probably know that Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania are the three friendliest neighbors south of the Sahara right? So it came as no surprise that Uganda had already qualified for AFCON and Tanzania needed a favor from a sister country. This had to be a the expense of Lesotho (tiny poor landlocked country surrounded by RSA). If Lesotho had won against Cape Verde, then Tanzania wouldn't have qualified. But Uganda turned the other cheek and let Tanzania win. So this victory should not go into Amunike's head.
I think Naija pulled a similar stunt with Liberia way back when during World Cup qualifications...Kabalega you can help me here.. :wink:

Ogolo I didn't want to state it explicitly just in case Cape Verde or Lesotho latch onto it and lodge an appeal.

But it's obvious, that no sane player who is likely going to Egypt in 2 months would risk any kind of injury in the game against Tanzania. Only one or two new players fighting for a chance to make it took it seriously, at times overzealously.

A couple of the Ugandan players also ply their trade in Tanzania.

Let us enjoy the East African excursion to AFCON at the expense of 3 W. African nations in this expanded AFCON.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

See spin...Ogolo and his cohorts no get shame mehn...haba
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote:
Jubril Ogolo wrote:You all probably know that Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania are the three friendliest neighbors south of the Sahara right? So it came as no surprise that Uganda had already qualified for AFCON and Tanzania needed a favor from a sister country. This had to be a the expense of Lesotho (tiny poor landlocked country surrounded by RSA). If Lesotho had won against Cape Verde, then Tanzania wouldn't have qualified. But Uganda turned the other cheek and let Tanzania win. So this victory should not go into Amunike's head.

Ogolo I didn't want to state it explicitly just in case Cape Verde or Lesotho latch onto it and lodge an appeal.

But it's obvious, that no sane player who is likely going to Egypt in 2 months would risk any kind of injury in the game against Tanzania. Only one or two new players fighting for a chance to make it took it seriously, at times overzealously.

Let us enjoy the East African excursion to AFCON at the expense of 3 W. African nations in this expanded AFCON.
The West Africans never knew what hit them! If Amunike does not win a single match in Egypt then then it will get ugly fast at Julius Nyerere Airport.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robbynice wrote:See spin...Ogolo and his cohorts no get shame mehn...haba
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we already knew Ogolo is shameless, its Kabalalala that i am surprised is even worse :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote:

You guys are simply saying yor players are highly unprofessional.
No wonder they never get anywhere.
Its a professional world out there guys.

Get with the program! :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Like the professionals at Real Madrid? :roll:

Sergio Ramos: Real Madrid captain set for increased ban after Uefa charge for 'deliberate' booking
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

The West Africans never knew what hit them! If Amunike does not win a single match in Egypt then then it will get ugly fast at Julius Nyerere Airport.
MAYBE THAT'S WHY SOME HERE ARE LAMENTING THE ABSENCE OF KENYA

That could have been the single win needed right there.
Bell
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Is this the only game he won throughout the qualifiers to qualify?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Like the professionals at Real Madrid? :roll:

Sergio Ramos: Real Madrid captain set for increased ban after Uefa charge for 'deliberate' booking
And you think that's professional of them? You see yasef? :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The lies of losers. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kabalega wrote:

More lies from losers. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Waffiman wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Who?
The west Africans that missed out this time? :taunt:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we already knew Ogolo is shameless, its Kabalalala that i am surprised is even worse :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf:
Kai! I like that name well-well. Is it under copyright? Do I need permission to call him by that name? :D
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

ohsee wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
:rotf:
Kai! I like that name well-well. Is it under copyright? Do I need permission to call him by that name? :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Who?
Kabalega, do you think that is his real age given his "strong" face?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Who?
Kabalega, do you think that is his real age given his "strong" face?
He is 48 not 46. East African journos can't get simple facts right!