Nigeria vs Egypt (1:0) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt (1:0) FT

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Flex Swift wrote:

Thanks
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

After watching the game, my take on it was that the game should have ended at least 2-1 on balance of play, Nigeria was the better side till Egypt upped the tempo in the last 15mins or so, and attacked more. Onuachu is legit, dude got some serious skill for a player that tall... would definitely add to our already blossoming depth in that attacking department. Balogun is a stellar player, the guys recovery and reflex is simply top notch. Onyekuru would be better utilized if he played less on the wing, he linked up well with Paul Onuachu. We really need a creative player on that MF, I don't know if we are still serious about players like Ebere Eze and Ejaria, but we definitely need to refocus our radar on these players with a goal on capping them FAST. The likes of Ogu are good to add depth to our bench, Ogu is just your poor man Mikel(gets the job done and nothing more fancy or exuberant), surely for youthful dynamism the likes of Azubuike and Nwakali will be good to complete the MF along established players like Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi.

As for Goal keeping, Ezenwa looks a better goal keeper Than Uzoho(my opinion).
And Egypt are in a serious rebuilding phase, they have a largely young squad teeming with players making their debuts, just like Nigeria. With the addition of Salah and most of their few experienced players, they will surely be a terrific team in the AFCON.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes, i was impressed with Onuachu “skills” and “ball handling” to me, 352 is our best formation but we need a solid RWB and LWB
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

My takes
1. Our ball movement in the midfield still lacks purpose. Side-ways pass here and there, lobs over opponents then it's anybody's ball
2. Back 4 is great.
3. Moses Simon & Onyekuru are not ready, we need both of Samuels Kalu & Chukwueze
4. Someone needs to upstage Iwobi. He's not doing enough in the AM
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Cellular wrote:Much better game from the last one.

Team looked a bit more cohesive. Though the accurate scoreline should have been 1:1 based on both teams play.

Will take the W.

Please Rohr, work on your substitution... the timing. You ought to have learned by now. When players are tiring, pull them before they become a liability.
He brought in Ukonwem in 93rd minuted of a game that ended in the 95th :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Complainants United.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mapet wrote:
Cellular wrote:Much better game from the last one.

Team looked a bit more cohesive. Though the accurate scoreline should have been 1:1 based on both teams play.

Will take the W.

Please Rohr, work on your substitution... the timing. You ought to have learned by now. When players are tiring, pull them before they become a liability.
He brought in Ukonwem in 93rd minuted of a game that ended in the 95th :rotf:
You can't tell me you don't know why he did that? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mapet wrote:My takes
1. Our ball movement in the midfield still lacks purpose. Side-ways pass here and there, lobs over opponents then it's anybody's ball
2. Back 4 is great.
3. Moses Simon & Onyekuru are not ready, we need both of Samuels Kalu & Chukwueze
4. Someone needs to upstage Iwobi. He's not doing enough in the AM
1,2,3 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
4=1= :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote:After watching the game, my take on it was that the game should have ended at least 2-1 on balance of play, Nigeria was the better side till Egypt upped the tempo in the last 15mins or so, and attacked more. Onuachu is legit, dude got some serious skill for a player that tall... would definitely add to our already blossoming depth in that attacking department. Balogun is a stellar player, the guys recovery and reflex is simply top notch. Onyekuru would be better utilized if he played less on the wing, he linked up well with Paul Onuachu. We really need a creative player on that MF, I don't know if we are still serious about players like Ebere Eze and Ejaria, but we definitely need to refocus our radar on these players with a goal on capping them FAST. The likes of Ogu are good to add depth to our bench, Ogu is just your poor man Mikel(gets the job done and nothing more fancy or exuberant), surely for youthful dynamism the likes of Azubuike and Nwakali will be good to complete the MF along established players like Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi.

As for Goal keeping, Ezenwa looks a better goal keeper Than Uzoho(my opinion).
And Egypt are in a serious rebuilding phase, they have a largely young squad teeming with players making their debuts, just like Nigeria. With the addition of Salah and most of their few experienced players, they will surely be a terrific team in the AFCON.
I actually like the confidence that Ogu brings. His touch and positioning makes up for his lack of pace.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I would like to see Paul play another game for us........he played well against Egypt scored a great goal in future I hope he displaces Ighalo (very useless player)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:Are we allowed under FIFA regulations to play Okereke and Osimhen in today's friendly?
if you were a coach, will you play your own child in two high-intensity games within 24 hours?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt (1:0) IH

Post by danfo driver »

okidoki wrote:The guy in trying to foul Onachu, now has a nasty gnash on his head.
was he gnashing his teeth?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Rohr needs to blood in Nwakali now cos we have no other creative player. Yes he's young but he's older than Mbappe, and with Mikel, Ndidi, and Etebo sitting behind him, he should have enough cover to help him out until he fully adapts. We just can't afford not to have a creative player in the team. I think he brings something different to Iwobi.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Egypt haven't played anything.. they are just running and parking the bus
So we are playing well because Egypt haven't played anything. You sha no wan give Rohr credit...Na real wa for you baba
U get time sha
Bigpokey is fighting for credibility so he will say anything :lol: :lol: :lol:
you guys are celebrating a friendly ..smh... we all know how that went when we played Argentina
But baba this is how you started out the day. You said and I quote "so lets see what rohr's excuse will be today" Now that Rohr is showing you that there will be no excuses you want to move the goalpost. I mean I understand there is no shame in your game but haba...
did Messi play vs SE during that friendly?
seems you are forgetting the world cup game. A game we should have won by at least 3 goals, but for Ighalo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:Loving the double shift Onyekuru is putting. He is no longer a one-sided player.

Impressed with the skill level of Onachu... using his size well and he can play with ball on his feet.

Good second game after the first game jitters.
maceo4 wrote:Best I've seen Onyekuru play for SE, Onuachu fouled outside teh box FK
Na wa o! Who to believe? Both of you say Onyekuru was on fire! Vancity Eagles says Onyekuru was useless...

I dey go watch match, make I use my own eye. You cant trust Cybereagles. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
Cellular wrote:Loving the double shift Onyekuru is putting. He is no longer a one-sided player.

Impressed with the skill level of Onachu... using his size well and he can play with ball on his feet.

Good second game after the first game jitters.
You saw the same thing. He does the same thing in Turkey.
Who ever his club coach is has done a great job building defensive discipline into his game, without sacrificing his offensive talent.
Thats what a good coach does. Instead, that ba5tard he had as a coach in Belgium kept trying to destroy his confidence.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:Are we allowed under FIFA regulations to play Okereke and Osimhen in today's friendly?
if you were a coach, will you play your own child in two high-intensity games within 24 hours?
Not sure I understand the phrasing of your question since we're essentially in agreement. I think Rohr shouldn't have played Osimhen and Okereke and couldn't understand why he had them on the bench yesterday.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!