CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON - And Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON

Post by analyzer »

wazobia wrote:Kepa may be a better fit for Chelsea compared to Allison. A top young goalkeeper with an upside who will not see playing at Chelsea as a step down (Allison may have, since Chelsea not in Champion's league this year). The only question may be price which is related to timing, but with Conte uncertainty least season, could not have bought him in January.
Bro - Granted the Conte uncertainty was there but CFC knew they needed a plan B if Courtois did not sign an extension.
They could have bought Kepa in January and loaned him back to Bilbao. His Madrid move fell through early in the January transfer season. IMO, Kepa was not a top target for CFC. Allison was top choice should Thibaut leave. With Pickford a homegrown option and Milan's Dunarouma (sp) & PSG's Areola in consideration. Rumor is that CFC felt Allison was too expensive... :lol: :lol:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:
wazobia wrote:Kepa may be a better fit for Chelsea compared to Allison. A top young goalkeeper with an upside who will not see playing at Chelsea as a step down (Allison may have, since Chelsea not in Champion's league this year). The only question may be price which is related to timing, but with Conte uncertainty least season, could not have bought him in January.
Bro - Granted the Conte uncertainty was there but CFC knew they needed a plan B if Courtois did not sign an extension.
They could have bought Kepa in January and loaned him back to Bilbao. His Madrid move fell through early in the January transfer season. IMO, Kepa was not a top target for CFC. Allison was top choice should Thibaut leave. With Pickford a homegrown option and Milan's Dunarouma (sp) & PSG's Areola in consideration. Rumor is that CFC felt Allison was too expensive... :lol: :lol:

So they "borrowed themselves some brain" in an attempt to avoid paying E150M in a year or 2, they paid 80M now for Kepa.

Thereby saving themselves 70M. We have "very sensible" businessmen running the ship.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Stupidity abounds. Real Madrid has a world class keeper yet will create squad instability by signing Courtois. Chelsea are selling Courtois, an absolute stud of a GK, for far less than market value. Meanwhile, they will replace him with an inferior GK that costs them 45M more and who they could've got in January for 20M. The only winner in all this is Bilbao who just sold a GK for the same price as what some of the world's best strikers/midfielders have gone for in recent times. What a joke.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/ ... als-agreed

Chelsea and Real Madrid have tonight agreed terms for the permanent transfer of Thibaut Courtois subject to the agreement of personal terms and passing a medical.
Subject to the completion of the deal Mateo Kovacic will join the Blues on a season-long loan.
Last edited by balo on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

Heliopolis wrote:Stupidity abounds. Real Madrid has a world class keeper yet will create squad instability by signing Courtois. Chelsea are selling Courtois, an absolute stud of a GK, for far less than market value. Meanwhile, they will replace him with an inferior GK that costs them 45M more and who they could've got in January for 20M. The only winner in all this is Bilbao who just sold a GK for the same price as what some of the world's best strikers/midfielders have gone for in recent times. What a joke.
Fro all his agitation for a move, without the interest from Real, Courtois would have had to say put. Yes, Bilbao are definitely the clear winners here. I guess Chelsea hoodwinked themselves into believing Courtois would stay and not getting a replacement earlier
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wazobia wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Stupidity abounds. Real Madrid has a world class keeper yet will create squad instability by signing Courtois. Chelsea are selling Courtois, an absolute stud of a GK, for far less than market value. Meanwhile, they will replace him with an inferior GK that costs them 45M more and who they could've got in January for 20M. The only winner in all this is Bilbao who just sold a GK for the same price as what some of the world's best strikers/midfielders have gone for in recent times. What a joke.
Fro all his agitation for a move, without the interest from Real, Courtois would have had to say put. Yes, Bilbao are definitely the clear winners here. I guess Chelsea hoodwinked themselves into believing Courtois would stay and not getting a replacement earlier

Incompetence that has terrible effect on the transfer market. Prices forever rising.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Make Una Siddon there dey form for internet believing you know more than these people laundering money right in front of your eyes. :lol:

If you think these folks are stupid...let me just remind you,there is a reason they are handling millions and you guys are pounding ya keyboards...to ensure that the money goes to the right accounts.

Arsenal fans are lamenting on their own thread how like mugus they have been led around by the nose for decades all in the name of building a stadium.

The rich did not get rich by throwing away money....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:Make Una Siddon there dey form for internet believing you know more than these people laundering money right in front of your eyes. :lol:

If you think these folks are stupid...let me just remind you,there is a reason they are handling millions and you guys are pounding ya keyboards...to ensure that the money goes to the right accounts.

Arsenal fans are lamenting on their own thread how like mugus they have been led around by the nose for decades all in the name of building a stadium.

Yes we are aware that angle was possible. That doesn't clear allegations of sheer incompetence.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:Make Una Siddon there dey form for internet believing you know more than these people laundering money right in front of your eyes. :lol:

There is no one more crooked on this planet than Onyinbo, but dem go come lecture us on corruption....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

balo wrote:

Yes we are aware that angle was possible. That doesn't clear allegations of sheer incompetence.

No GK is worth 70M anything.... this has to be "creative book keeping" as dem go call am
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
balo wrote:

No GK is worth 70M anything.... this has to be "creative book keeping" as dem go call am
Abeg tell them....the folks whose money is not involved are screaming incompetence while the rich man is smiling to the bank :lol: :lol:

E don tey wey the rich don corner poor people by allowing them to feel clever :lol:

Yes oh na incompetence...meanwhile oga is checking with his bank manager if the money has landed.

They keep you and I freaking busy with their toys and laws...while they milk it and siphon all the juicy bits.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How is a keeper who is not even the first keeper for Spain worth 71milla. If you think this is incompetence, I wish you well at least you got the opportunity to feel you are better than the millionaires :lol: :lol:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:How is a keeper who is not even the first keeper for Spain worth 71milla. If you think this is incompetence, I wish you well at least you got the opportunity to feel you are better than the millionaires :lol: :lol:

Chelsea didn't get a 70M Keeper last season. And not the season before that. But the level of incompetence remained the same. Creative cooking of the books notwithstanding.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:How is a keeper who is not even the first keeper for Spain worth 71milla. If you think this is incompetence, I wish you well at least you got the opportunity to feel you are better than the millionaires :lol: :lol:

Chelsea didn't get a 70M Keeper last season. And not the season before that. But the level of incompetence remained the same. Creative cooking of the books notwithstanding.
Alagidi ni e Balo....you are the very stuff the rich people love. It is not today Chelsea have been paying over the top for players....your team does that very well. Your team has a knack for deliberately paying ridiculous money....this one is taking it to a new level. :lol:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

Alagidi ni e Balo....you are the very stuff the rich people love. It is not today Chelsea have been paying over the top for players....your team does that very well. Your team has a knack for deliberately paying ridiculous money....this one is taking it to a new level. :lol:

Not my money. If dem like dem fit pay 700M for Cech to come back. But make dem the try hide am.

The in-your-face incompetence get as e be.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

71M BOC paid
195,000/wk
7yr contract at SB
+ other benefits

I wonder if Chelsea included any BOC in his new contract

Young chap don hammer.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My brother thank you ooo
.money laundering on full display...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

It's a 35 mil buy really ...plus we get Kovasic from Madrid on loan.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:It's a 35 mil buy really ...plus we get Kovasic from Madrid on loan.
If you believe that :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Release clause, his team didn't need the money and wasn't interested in selling so buying out his contract was the only way to get him. Courtois forcing the move and it happening so late in the window forced their hand, they tried to pay the same money for Allison but he chose Liverpool.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Who was Allison before last two season? A goalie playing in Brazil. You win or Lose. Jose bought Petr Cech from nowhere and he worked out well.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: