2019 ANC EAGLES WOULD HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019 ANC EAGLES WILL HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:You've left out the most exciting youngster of all: Samuel Chukwueze :roll:
Trust me..he is not making Rorhs team....

Based on Chukwezes performance yesterday vs messis Barca...I think Rorh may be rethinking his plans about Chucks,,,,He may actually make the team... :clap: :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2019 ANC EAGLES WOULD HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:The Golden Generation... :clap:

Pictures courtesy of Nairaland
Abeg, some help needed.
Left to right....
AMOKACHI, ?????????, UGBADE? (if na him, weytin him dey find there?), SIASIA, TARIBO, JJ OKOCHA, SHOROUNMU???, RUFAI, EGUAVON, OKECHUKWU, ADEPOJU, FINIDI, ???????

What was this grand occasion? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote:

Abeg, some help needed.
Left to right....
AMOKACHI, ?????????, UGBADE? (if na him, weytin him dey find there?), SIASIA, TARIBO, JJ OKOCHA, SHOROUNMU???, RUFAI, EGUAVON, OKECHUKWU, ADEPOJU, FINIDI, ???????

NFF awards aka let's celebrate 1994 for the 100th time because we can't move on.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

kalani JR wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Abeg, some help needed.
Left to right....

NFF awards aka let's celebrate 1994 for the 100th time because we can't move on.
What did the 94 Eagles accomplish sef other than being the first to go to WC? This must be another JJ self sponsored award.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:

Abeg, some help needed.
Left to right....

Your Taribo look like Sunday Oliseh
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Even Rohr agrees with my Assessment of his team....

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/04/03/ro ... e-a-while/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Na wa for you, we all heard Rohr say we don’t currently have the caliber of players we used to have with CL participants and winners. The video of his interview was posted here.

This quote contradicts everything you are trying to say:

“We all know that Nigeria once had big stars like Kanu Nwankwo and Austin Okocha. Since they retired, Nigeria has not found a replacement. But I can assure you that we have very talented players among the young people who are currently playing, but there is still a lot to be done to make the Eagles become stars. This team has a quality band, but you have to work on it to become big stars”, Rohr said.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

maceo4 wrote:Na wa for you, we all heard Rohr say we don’t currently have the caliber of players we used to have with CL participants and winners. The video of his interview was posted here.
Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says the present bunch of players in the Super Eagles team for the Africa Cup of Nations are about the most talented Nigeria to have come out of Nigeria in the past few years.

Since his appointment as coach, Rohr has twice qualify the Super Eagles of Nigeria for two major tournaments with a game to spare ‎although many will argue that the team should have done well at World Cup in Russia.

So far the Super Eagles have been beaten once by an African team under coach Gernot Rohr and that was the 0-2 loss against South Africa in their first AFCON 2019 Qualifiers, a little over a year ago.

They presently boast of an unbeaten run since after the World Cup with back to back wins against Libya and Seychelles in the AFCON Qualifiers and a draw against South Africa. They also defeated Egypt 1-0 in an international friendly ahead of the Cup of Nations.

Speaking on the talent at his disposal, Rohr said they are about the most talented to have come out of Nigeria but advice that they should continue to work hard for club and country in order to fufill their potentials.
“We all know that Nigeria once had big stars like Kanu Nwankwo and Austin Okocha. Since they retired, Nigeria has not found a replacement. But I can assure you that we have very talented players among the young people who are currently playing, but there is still a lot to be done to make the Eagles become stars. This team has a quality band, but you have to work on it to become big stars”, Rohr said.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Whats most exciting for me is the quality of the Young players coming up who will make the eagles over the next 1-8 years...These players are real quality who are probably going to be playing on serious champions league contenders...

Ola Aina
Jamilu Collins
Oghenekaro Etebo
Wilfred Ndidi
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Victor Osimhen
Kelechi Iheanacho
Paul Onuachu
David Okereke
Chuckweeze
Issac Success
Dennis Bonaventure
Awoniyi
Kelechi Nwakali
And a whole host of Non-Nigeria raised Kids who will likely play for us someday.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Yes I would take Moses over Amunike, and I did watch Amunike play.
ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is unbelievable. Some one actually want V Moses over Amunike. I think people need to go back and watch Amuneke play.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Who the hell opened this thread..?

Ban this bloke from CE, abeg :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: … by your name alone I know you are another old foggie from the old father tiko era... Nostalgia is a terrible thing... Trust me, these new young cats have 10 times the skill and experience than the players from that era had.... Mikel alone has had more success and experience and skill than half of the entire 1994 team.
And from your words, you must have been a toddler when we were watching Finidi making waves at Ajax...You must be baiting...

Rohr's team can't even circulate the ball properly...Ndidi's passing % is abysmal, and you think he can clean Oliseh's boots..?

Ighalo can't strike a ball with any accuracy beyond 30m and you think he's anywhere near Ye-King..?

Not one player from Rohr's squad would make Westerhof's bench...

There is a reason 3 members of that squad won the best players in Africa awards...in an era of George Weah...

Make one from Rohr's team even get to the podium first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abeg, no bring this yeye thread again o...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: … by your name alone I know you are another old foggie from the old father tiko era... Nostalgia is a terrible thing... Trust me, these new young cats have 10 times the skill and experience than the players from that era had.... Mikel alone has had more success and experience and skill than half of the entire 1994 team.
And from your words, you must have been a toddler when we were watching Finidi making waves at Ajax...You must be baiting...

Rohr's team can't even circulate the ball properly...Ndidi's passing % is abysmal, and you think he can clean Oliseh's boots..?

Ighalo can't strike a ball with any accuracy beyond 30m and you think he's anywhere near Ye-King..?

There is a reason 3 members of that squad won the best players in Africa awards...in an era of George Weah...

Quite the contrary...I was no toddler When Finidi was playing....I saw him clear minded and in living color and I did point out he, Amunike and Yekini are the only 3 players who would make the current Squad. I loved Finidi !!

I grew up in the father Tiko/Chuckwu/Odegbami Era myself...I saw it all Rangers v IICC, Rangers vs Vasco, IICC vs Water, Rangers/IICC vs bendel Insurance....Stationary Stores, Mighty Jets, Kano Pillars, Abiola Babes, Sunday Dankaro...trust me I was there for the whole show...lol :mrgreen:

Did you just compare Oliseh to Ndidi ???? Seriously ? ..are you for real my broda ??!! Oliseh was a hack !! I never liked his game nor his character. I am no fan of Ighalo but he is a modern player who plays ok in Mordern system...Thats why a Barca would consider him...

Bottom line is you need to take of your rose coloured Nostalgia glasses and think about the game today vs yesterday... the people we refuse to play on our team today would have been stars in 1994. 6 members of the 1994 team didnt even have clubs..meanwhile Rorh is threatening to cut people for moving to China or not playing consistently in the Premiership.!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

olu wrote:Yes I would take Moses over Amunike, and I did watch Amunike play.
ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is unbelievable. Some one actually want V Moses over Amunike. I think people need to go back and watch Amuneke play.
One player does not fall down easily. I would take E Amunike every time. CAF footballer of the year. A player that has played at the highest level.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Quite the contrary...I was no toddler When Finidi was playing....I saw him clear minded and in living color and I did point out he, Amunike and Yekini are the only 3 players who would make the current Squad. I loved Finidi !!

I grew up in the father Tiko/Chuckwu/Odegbami Era myself...I saw it all Rangers v IICC, Rangers vs Vasco, IICC vs Water, Rangers/IICC vs bendel Insurance....Stationary Stores, Mighty Jets, Kano Pillars, Abiola Babes, Sunday Dankaro...trust me I was there for the whole show...lol :mrgreen:

Did you just compare Oliseh to Ndidi ???? Seriously ? ..are you for real my broda ??!! Oliseh was a hack !! I never liked his game nor his character. I am no fan of Ighalo but he is a modern player who plays ok in Mordern system...Thats why a Barca would consider him...

Bottom line is you need to take of your rose coloured Nostalgia glasses and think about the game today vs yesterday... the people we refuse to play on our team today would have been stars in 1994. 6 members of the 1994 team didnt even have clubs..meanwhile Rorh is threatening to cut people for moving to China or not playing consistently in the Premiership.!!

they will beat the 1994 team only if Jackals are representing that team. See this Solowe that started watching football from 2002 ANC fa.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even Finidi George is better than V Moses. Back then we had smart wingers that played for top teams like Ajax and Barca
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Cue the highlighted...:???: :???: I rest my case...
Ndidi cannot complete a pass..! What SEagles have you been watching..? Ndidi may begin to touch Oliseh's level in 5yrs (right now, he is not Oliseh's level)
He can't even make Africa's XI, while Oliseh was making Africa's XI consistently...
Oliseh was 3rd best Africa footballer in 1998 (Wetin Ndidi don win today..?)
Oliseh's clubs: Juventus, Ajax, Dortmund, etc ..so far, Ndidi's club: Leicester...are you serious..?

Your current SEagles struggle to sustain basic ball circulation...in Russia, they were a hard watch...

Stop comparing this squad with a squad that had 2-3 of Nigeria all-time greats...Its ridiculous...
- Bill Shankly
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Amunike struggled at Barcelona, and never looked as confident playing for Barcelonaas he did for Nigeria. Although he was really good for the SE, he didn't play that many games for us. Largely due to injury. That's why I'm going with Moses.
ohenhen1 wrote:
olu wrote:Yes I would take Moses over Amunike, and I did watch Amunike play.
One player does not fall down easily. I would take E Amunike every time. CAF footballer of the year. A player that has played at the highest level.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

You guys just look at the teams our old players played for rather than how they played there. A lot of guys got into big teams and flopped.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Ndidi cannot complete a pass..! What SEagles have you been watching..? Ndidi may begin to touch Oliseh's level in 5yrs (right now, he is not Oliseh's level)
He can't even make Africa's XI, while Oliseh was making Africa's XI consistently...
Oliseh's clubs: Juventus, Ajax, Dortmund, etc ..so far, Ndidi's club: Leicester...are you serious..?

Your current SEagles struggle to sustain basic ball circulation...in Russia, they were a hard watch...

Stop comparing this squad with a squad that had 2-3 of Nigeria all-time greats...Its ridiculous...
Your Oliseh played for Juventus a grand total of 4 league games... clearly not a top level talent. His claim to fame was playing in a sub standard Belgian league and playing at low level teams like Reggina.... Winning 3rd place in Africa was at time when a few Africans were playing at the top level in Europe... The only thing he ever did was score that goal vs Spain at the 98 WC... Oliseh was no top talent.

Ndidi on the other hand is the top tackler in the best league in the world. Regardless of what you think of him he is battling the best players in the wolrd week to week and still excelling....The best clubs in the world want him and the sky is the limit for him. He is already a better play than Oliseh ever was...

The eagles have never been a passing team internationally ..but they are a better passing team today than they have ever been....watching eagles vs Argentina in the 94 WC was just ugly..they couldn't string 4 passes together..
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Your Oliseh played for Juventus a grand total of 4 league games... clearly not a top level talent. His claim to fame was playing in a sub standard Belgian league and playing at low level teams like Reggina.... Winning 3rd place in Africa was at time when a few Africans were playing at the top level in Europe... The only thing he ever did was score that goal vs Spain at the 98 WC... Oliseh was no top talent.

Ndidi on the other hand is the top tackler in the best league in the world. Regardless of what you think of him he is battling the best players in the wolrd week to week and still excelling....The best clubs in the world want him and the sky is the limit for him. He is already a better play than Oliseh ever was...

The eagles have never been a passing team internationally ..but they are a better passing team today than they have ever been....watching eagles vs Argentina in the 94 WC was just ugly..they couldn't string 4 passes together..
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

BTW, the Oliseh we are talking about is the Oliseh of of 1996 not of 1998 and beyond

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

BTW, the Oliseh we are talking about is the Oliseh of of 1996 not of 1998 and beyond

Arg v Nig 1994 was scrappy for both teams largely because of the respect both sides had for each other...Argentina was equally crap in that game, even with Maradona...

4 Games for Juve..? Dortmund, nko? Cologne, nko..? Ajax, nko?
Folks like you would diss DeMaria because he 'failed' at ManU...You need to judge a player's complete body of work. not his 'pitfalls' or stumbles...
Look back at Oliseh's body of work..!
Look back at the number of goals & assists he made for clubs and country (even though he largely played as a No. 6...)
Ndidi of today is nowhere near peak Oliseh level (maybe in 3-5 yrs Ndidi would reach Oliseh level)...

Ndidi should start "influencing" games for SEagles for a start, before we start comparing him to Oliseh...(2008-2014 prime Mikel is more in Oliseh's league, than current Ndidi :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Ndidi (after Mikel) is arguably the most high-profile player in Rohr's squad; yet, he hasn't begun to "run" games for SEagles...
He offers industry, and nothing more...
2019 AFCON shall be Ndidi's full examination... :taunt: :taunt: Let's see if Ndidi can "own" games for SEagles...

Oliseh? Oliseh "owned" games...Watch Oliseh's 30m long passes to Ye-King v Zaire at AFCON1994 (2 Goals); Oliseh's 30m long pass to Amuneke v Zambia (winning goal at AFCON1994)...2 examples of Oliseh "owning" games...
Same way JJ Okocha "owned" games...same way Finidi "owned" games...same way Amuneke, Amokachi, Keshi, and of course Ye-King "owned" games...

Rohr's team is still developing... them never reach Westerhof's team...Stop overhyping them..!
- Bill Shankly
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Arg v Nig 1994 was scrappy for both teams largely because of the respect both sides had for each other...Argentina was equally crap in that game, even with Maradona...

4 Games for Juve..? Dortmund, nko? Cologne, nko..? Ajax, nko?
Folks like you would diss DeMaria because he 'failed' at ManU...You need to judge a player's complete body of work. not his 'pitfalls' or stumbles...
Look back at Oliseh's body of work..!
Look back at the number of goals & assists he made for clubs and country (even though he largely played as a No. 6...)
Ndidi of today is nowhere near peak Oliseh level (maybe in 3-5 yrs Ndidi would reach Oliseh level)...

Ndidi should start "influencing" games for SEagles for a start, before we start comparing him to Oliseh...(2008-2014 prime Mikel is more in Oliseh's league, than current Ndidi :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Ndidi (after Mikel) is arguably the most high-profile player in Rohr's squad; yet, he hasn't begun to "run" games for SEagles...
He offers industry, and nothing more...
2019 AFCON shall be Ndidi's full examination... :taunt: :taunt: Let's see if Ndidi can "own" games for SEagles...

Oliseh? Oliseh "owned" games...Watch Oliseh's 30m long passes to Ye-King v Zaire at AFCON1994 (2 Goals); Oliseh's 30m long pass to Amuneke v Zambia (winning goal at AFCON1994)...2 examples of Oliseh "owning" games...
Same way JJ Okocha "owned" games...same way Finidi "owned" games...same way Amuneke, Amokachi, Keshi, and of course Ye-King "owned" games...

Rohr's team is still developing... them never reach Westerhof's team...Stop overhyping them..!

Ok let me say it again... we are comparing the team of 1994 (In 1994) vs team of 2019. You guys keep talking about the players of 1994 in the context of a totality of their careers. But even so with Oliseh...he was never an Influential player.. maybe the 2 times you remember....but in most games he would disappear and was hard to find his contribution. He was never the great talent you are describing. At best he just an ok player...Ndidi has already been recognized as one of the best players in that position in the entire world. Coach after coach defer to him. Even his current coach is comparing him to Stephen Gerrard. I don't know how much more influential a player has to be to be compared to Gerrard

I already pointed out that 5 of those players in 1994 didn't even have clubs. Keshi was 1 leg into retirement...Okocha was still a baby..its only finidi was really doing the business at the time !!