Is Rohr the right man for the New SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Is Rohr the right man for the New SE

Post by john12 »

No matter how delusional, mad and crazy you guys complain about rohr regarding that World Cup. I still don’t see what he did wrong. The man utilized the best possible tactics, formation per opponent and for the caliber of players his team had compared to his opponents, it was a “Normal” result. It’s only Nigeria thatas ranked 50th but think the team ranked 5” and 11th deserves to open their nyash and be beaten even though they have better players than us
Last edited by john12 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Of course you won’t see anything wrong, as long as na wowo
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
john12 wrote:Maceo you’re mad. Even if we or we don’t make top 3 I won’t ask for the termination of rohr. Super eagles has missed 2 back to back ANC and you’re feeling entitled to believe we should just come back and Win despite not earning it. (I think we can win sha) The goal for this ANC is to perform respectfully, commendable, effort, honorable, United and put your heart on your sleeve. I don’t like placing a specific targets because minor situations can change the cause of a result
emm SE missed out in 2012, but came back to win it... stop with the BS
Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: .........the whole truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Super eagles so much better than Cameroun? My friend keep quiet. Cameroun at that time were the “NATIONS CUP CHAMPION” Algeria at that time were ranked 1th in Africa and had the best player in Africa “Maher’s” and some of the best in the continent like brahimi, fehgouli , bentalab, slimani, etc. you might not like that man but don’t ever ever ever lie on him and give him his due respect. The most I know not to take you DELUSIONAL CROOKS:clowns Seriously is when you “blame” our coach for losing and praise the “PLAYERS” for winning. Never take anyone that cannot accept his wrong “seriously”
Last edited by john12 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:No matter how delusional, mad and crazy you guys complain about rohr regarding that World Cup. I still don’t see what he did wrong. The man utilized the best possible tactics, formation per opponent and for the caliber of players his team had compared to his opponents, it was a “Normal” result. It’s only Nigeria thatas ranked 50th but think the team ranked 5” and 11th deserves to open their nyash and heft beaten even though they have better players than us

No mind them. First it was Prince Keshi and Prince Amodu but they killed both with frustration and suffering. Then it was Prince Oliseh but they hated him out of the job eventually. Now The same people are calling for Amunike to be crowned because he qualified Tanzania for Afcon. A rubbish team that qualified from a rubbish group for a competition where 70% of the qualified teams are rubbish. Thankfully, Amunike is too smart for this rubbish.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:No matter how delusional, mad and crazy you guys complain about rohr regarding that World Cup. I still don’t see what he did wrong. The man utilized the best possible tactics, formation per opponent and for the caliber of players his team had compared to his opponents, it was a “Normal” result. It’s only Nigeria thatas ranked 50th but think the team ranked 5” and 11th deserves to open their nyash and heft beaten even though they have better players than us

No mind them. First it was Prince Keshi and Prince Amodu but they killed both with frustration and suffering. Then it was Prince Oliseh but they hated him out of the job eventually. Now I’m he same people are calling for Amunike to be crowned because he qualified Tanzania for Afcon. A rubbish team that qualified from a rubbish group for a competition where 70% of the qualified teams are rubbish. Thankfully, Amunike is too smart for this rubbish.
rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

No mind them. First it was Prince Keshi and Prince Amodu but they killed both with frustration and suffering. Then it was Prince Oliseh but they hated him out of the job eventually. Now The same people are calling for Amunike to be crowned because he qualified Tanzania for Afcon. A rubbish team that qualified from a rubbish group for a competition where 70% of the qualified teams are rubbish. Thankfully, Amunike is too smart for this rubbish.

Totally disagree. Anyone watching Nigeria V Argentina would tell you it was only a matter of time before Argentina scored. Rohr sat there like a spectator. Did nothing to counter the onslaught and the rest, as they say, is history. Rohr did not do several things.

He didn't bring in a target man to hold up the ball for survival route one football like big Sam Allardyce would have done. He didn't bring on fresh blood in the midfield/Wingback to cut off the diagonal balls/crosses Argentina used time after time when they got desperate. I'll stop there.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Obviously, it was just a matter of time that they would had scored because they had the Highest goal scorer in Seria A, La Liga, and Epl while their opponents best we’re at China. It’s only natural that they will create a chance. Also, we had our chances to win while they took their at the end of the day, the difference was QUALITY
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Obviously, it was just a matter of time that they would had scored because they had the Highest goal scorer in Seria A, La Liga, and Epl while their opponents best we’re at China. It’s only natural that they will create a chance. Also, we had our chances to win while they took their at the end of the day, the difference was QUALITY
We see lower table teams fashion strategies to get results again top table teams. Heck we just saw Villareal get a result against Barcelona. In the same World Cup both our other group mates got results against the same team even with the difference in individual quality. It’s annoying that you have such a defeatist mentality, it’s not like we didn’t know the quality of Argentina going in, but their form was poor, and 86 minutes in we had what we needed, why can’t we question the coach for not setting up shop, replacing tired players and committing more players to defending? I just don’t get your rationale, we can question him, the country is paying him for goodness sakes.

He has to have tangible goals which he agreed to and his position is on the line based on not meeting those goals. You just seem to be giving a pass and expecting bare minimum from a seasoned coach. We should be expecting more from someone who has coached the likes of Zidane. If after 4 years he can’t put a team together that puts up a good ANC showing his role needs to be re-evaluated. But according to you he should just continue in perpetuity regardless of achievement.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr is a very limited coach no doubt, but if my statistics is anything to reckon with ( I stand to be corrected, maybe statisticians like Enugu can help)... Rohr currently holds the highest winning ratio in his 4 year stint as coach, compared to others before him.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
john12 wrote: You’re obviously a comedian or is delusional
dude , you are showing qualifiers , whereby everyone knew the SE were so much better than Cameroon ... by the Way, Amodu, Keshi never lost a single WCQ , they both won home and away big.. we cannot say the same for Rohr , who lost 3-0 away to Algeria

That 3-0 loss was awarded, we played that game and the actual result was 1-1 so don't go off saying that we lost that game because of what happened on the field.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Obviously, it was just a matter of time that they would had scored because they had the Highest goal scorer in Seria A, La Liga, and Epl while their opponents best we’re at China. It’s only natural that they will create a chance. Also, we had our chances to win while they took their at the end of the day, the difference was QUALITY
We see lower table teams fashion strategies to get results again top table teams. Heck we just saw Villareal get a result against Barcelona. In the same World Cup both our other group mates got results against the same team even with the difference in individual quality. It’s annoying that you have such a defeatist mentality, it’s not like we didn’t know the quality of Argentina going in, but their form was poor, and 86 minutes in we had what we needed, why can’t we question the coach for not setting up shop, replacing tired players and committing more players to defending? I just don’t get your rationale, we can question him, the country is paying him for goodness sakes.

He has to have tangible goals which he agreed to and his position is on the line based on not meeting those goals. You just seem to be giving a pass and expecting bare minimum from a seasoned coach. We should be expecting more from someone who has coached the likes of Zidane. If after 4 years he can’t put a team together that puts up a good ANC showing his role needs to be re-evaluated. But according to you he should just continue in perpetuity regardless of achievement.
Thank You jare!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr is a very limited coach no doubt, but if my statistics is anything to reckon with ( I stand to be corrected, maybe statisticians like Enugu can help)... Rohr currently holds the highest winning ratio in his 4 year stint as coach, compared to others before him.
While this might be true, and I do not doubt it. The stats speak volumes. It can also be argued, Rohr has one of the most talented, the youngest pool of players to be assembled in the history of the country called Nigeria.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
john12 wrote: You’re obviously a comedian or is delusional
dude , you are showing qualifiers , whereby everyone knew the SE were so much better than Cameroon ... by the Way, Amodu, Keshi never lost a single WCQ , they both won home and away big.. we cannot say the same for Rohr , who lost 3-0 away to Algeria

That 3-0 loss was awarded, we played that game and the actual result was 1-1 so don't go off saying that we lost that game because of what happened on the field.
We lost, 20 years down the line it is a loss, CapeVerde missed out of Brazil 2014 due to such...you cannot change facts or stats
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I just realized that Rohr has not lost an away match yet since he took over we coach. Perspective is always important gentlemen whe dealing with facts, I'm not Rohrs biggest fan, but the man has won many games despite his analog coaching tactics sometimes.. under Rohr our only loss so far to any African team was the 2-0 loss to SA when we used a largely inexperienced squad.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There’s no defeatist mentality and I’m just being local. I have always said Any team can win any team and one should always aspire to defeat inferior, and superior teams. However, you cannot blame a coach for losing to a team that has better players than you, perform at better clubs and backed by impartial referees
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There’s no defeatist mentality and I’m just being local. I have always said Any team can win any team and one should always aspire to defeat inferior, and superior teams. However, you cannot blame a coach for losing to a team that has better players than you, perform at better clubs and backed by impartial referees
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:*Qualified us for World Cup with a game to go
*Qualified us for ANC with a game to go
*Brought high competitiom to the SE
*Brought discipline to the SE
*Brought organization and planning to the SE
*Brought technicality, tacticality to the SE
*He has strong player scouting management. VicMo resigned, he replaced him immediately with Kalu. Mikel isnt playing, we dont shake, we have capable replacements. He gave us Ebuehi and Idowu. When Idowu dey chop bench, he gave us Jamilu Collins.
*Using modern forms of coaching including having match readers in the stand during SE games to read matches for in match strategy
*Made Nigerian players work hard for playing time and movement to bigger leagues by providing competition, making the list sacred snd insisting on playing time. Players no longer accept bench duties and collecting cash in their clubs
*These are all the competitive matches under Rohr

nig v zam 2-1 -----WCQ
nig v alg 3-1 -----WCQ
nig v SA 0-2 -----ANCQ
nig v cam 4-0 -----WCQ
nig v Zam2 1-0 -----WCQ
nig v cam 1-1 -----WCQ
nig v alg2 1-1 -----WCQ
nig v cro 0-2 ---- WC
nig v ice 2-0 ---- WC
nig v arge 1-2 ---- WC
nig v sey 3-0 -----ANCQ
nig v lib 4-0 -----ANCQ
nig v lib2 3-2 -----ANCQ
SA v Nig 1-1 -----ANCQ
Nig v sey 3-1 -----ANCQ

From 15 matches played, he has won 9; Drew 3; lost 3
Out of a total of 29 goals in 15matches, SE scored 15 against top teams in Africa and world (zambia, algeria, iceland, etc)

I'm trying to understand his failure. We can start to judge him from this ANC but till then, he has done very very well and this is the best the SE has done in a very very long time.

Let's see if he can lead us to win the ANC.
I totally agree but it’s clear that a lot of Nigerians are more emotional than logical and that’s the men :scared: This is the usual routine they complain when things are bad,ok and great just to sound smart but dig a deeper hole towards stupidity and ignorance then vent their feelings on those that don’t understand them!
Before Stephen Keshi won the Afcon they where calling for his sack and even looked for his replacement before the Afcon Quarter Final with CIV,why the great man didn’t retire after that shameful treatment I’ll never know?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Rohr is a very limited coach no doubt, but if my statistics is anything to reckon with ( I stand to be corrected, maybe statisticians like Enugu can help)... Rohr currently holds the highest winning ratio in his 4 year stint as coach, compared to others before him.
While this might be true, and I do not doubt it. The stats speak volumes. It can also be argued, Rohr has one of the most talented, the youngest pool of players to be assembled in the history of the country called Nigeria.
That would be a subjective argument.

Another argument would be that what you rightly identify as "the youngest pool of players in our history" is also the most inexperienced group of players.

I know we refuse to acknowledge the value of experience in Nigeria and tend to rate 'talent' almost exclusively above everything else.

The argument works both ways and you can pick and choose the facts to suit your position.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We experienced all these statistics before the world cup... In the big dance, the emperor was found with no clothes on.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:I just realized that Rohr has not lost an away match yet since he took over we coach. Perspective is always important gentlemen whe dealing with facts, I'm not Rohrs biggest fan, but the man has won many games despite his analog coaching tactics sometimes.. under Rohr our only loss so far to any African team was the 2-0 loss to SA when we used a largely inexperienced squad.
Thank you.
At least you acknowledge that crucial fact.

We are once again going down the Amodu (RIP) route - subjectivity over objectivity.
Despite his results, we sacked the guy for reasons hard to understand.
Two that easily come to mind:
1." He's a local coach and is tactically limited"
2. "We don't like the way the team plays"

The legendary trigger-happy Nigerian finger is getting restless again.
'20 coaches in 20 years'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I totally agree but it’s clear that a lot of Nigerians are more emotional than logical and that’s the men :scared:
This is the usual routine they complain when things are bad, ok and great just to sound smart but dig a deeper hole towards stupidity and ignorance then vent their feelings on those that don’t understand them!
Before Stephen Keshi won the Afcon they where calling for his sack and even looked for his replacement before the Afcon Quarter Final with CIV,why the great man didn’t retire after that shameful treatment I’ll never know?
Kpom.
If we dig into the archives, you can be sure to find pages and pages of disrespectful comments about Keshi's team by these same latter-day 'shriners'.
He won the AFCON and all was forgiven and forgotten.

Bigporkey in particular is well known for his unpredictability and he should sharrap diya before we unearth his schizoid comments on Keshi.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:I totally agree but it’s clear that a lot of Nigerians are more emotional than logical and that’s the men :scared:
This is the usual routine they complain when things are bad, ok and great just to sound smart but dig a deeper hole towards stupidity and ignorance then vent their feelings on those that don’t understand them!
Kpom.
If we dig into the archives, you can be sure to find pages and pages of disrespectful comments about Keshi's team by these same latter-day 'shriners'.
He won the AFCON and all was forgiven and forgotten.

Bigporkey in particular is well known for his unpredictability and he should sharrap diya before we unearth his schizoid comments on Keshi.
Thanks I had to re submit this as I realised it was conveniently being ignored :rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI