Is Rohr the right man for the New SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Is Rohr the right man for the New SE

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:The quest to always hire foreign coaches has always been based on Money. These thieves in the NFF can only get more egunje if they hire a foreign coach. More funding from government and sponsors. He isn't anything special. To be honest, Siasia or Amunike will do better. Nevertheless, I still think it will be be foolish to sack him now. Rather we should see if he can take the team to 2022 since that's where we are expected to do something. Remember that 2018 was to learn according to our esteemed Coach.
I see nothing wrong with sacking him right now, we've done this in the past. Why should this Rohr get a pass. This man hasn't added anything to our SE..people keep shouting he qualified with a game to spare as if that is something we should be singing about.. The man didn't qualify us for no Wcup like say nah movie,,, we qualify most of the time..in fact we always qualify with games to spare , talkless of not losing a single qualifier..Amodu did it, KEshi did it.. un defeated ... Why should we keep on wasting money on Rohr? Hire Amunike now and let him start. Nigeria will not win the Wcup with a foreign coach..lets me honest, we've won more championships and football matches at all level with a LC than a WOWO
less that four months to AFCON on what basis?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:The quest to always hire foreign coaches has always been based on Money. These thieves in the NFF can only get more egunje if they hire a foreign coach. More funding from government and sponsors. He isn't anything special. To be honest, Siasia or Amunike will do better. Nevertheless, I still think it will be be foolish to sack him now. Rather we should see if he can take the team to 2022 since that's where we are expected to do something. Remember that 2018 was to learn according to our esteemed Coach.
I see nothing wrong with sacking him right now, we've done this in the past. Why should this Rohr get a pass. This man hasn't added anything to our SE..people keep shouting he qualified with a game to spare as if that is something we should be singing about.. The man didn't qualify us for no Wcup like say nah movie,,, we qualify most of the time..in fact we always qualify with games to spare , talkless of not losing a single qualifier..Amodu did it, KEshi did it.. un defeated ... Why should we keep on wasting money on Rohr? Hire Amunike now and let him start. Nigeria will not win the Wcup with a foreign coach..lets me honest, we've won more championships and football matches at all level with a LC than a WOWO
We've done it in the past. Is the SE's past (except 94 Eagles) anything to write home about or anything to emulate? Not even Super Eagles alone, but the whole damn country. So lets not keep going to our horrible past to pick up distasteful acts. We should only go to the past to pick up the good things while we learn and run from the bad things.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

chief nfachairman wrote:*Qualified us for World Cup with a game to go
*Qualified us for ANC with a game to go
*Brought high competitiom to the SE
*Brought discipline to the SE
*Brought organization and planning to the SE
*Brought technicality, tacticality to the SE
*He has strong player scouting management. VicMo resigned, he replaced him immediately with Kalu. Mikel isnt playing, we dont shake, we have capable replacements. He gave us Ebuehi and Idowu. When Idowu dey chop bench, he gave us Jamilu Collins.
*Using modern forms of coaching including having match readers in the stand during SE games to read matches for in match strategy
*Made Nigerian players work hard for playing time and movement to bigger leagues by providing competition, making the list sacred snd insisting on playing time. Players no longer accept bench duties and collecting cash in their clubs
*These are all the competitive matches under Rohr

nig v zam 2-1 -----WCQ
nig v alg 3-1 -----WCQ
nig v SA 0-2 -----ANCQ
nig v cam 4-0 -----WCQ
nig v Zam2 1-0 -----WCQ
nig v cam 1-1 -----WCQ
nig v alg2 1-1 -----WCQ
nig v cro 0-2 ---- WC
nig v ice 2-0 ---- WC
nig v arge 1-2 ---- WC
nig v sey 3-0 -----ANCQ
nig v lib 4-0 -----ANCQ
nig v lib2 3-2 -----ANCQ
SA v Nig 1-1 -----ANCQ
Nig v sey 3-1 -----ANCQ

From 15 matches played, he has won 9; Drew 3; lost 3
Out of a total of 29 goals in 15matches, SE scored 15 against top teams in Africa and world (zambia, algeria, iceland, etc)

I'm trying to understand his failure. We can start to judge him from this ANC but till then, he has done very very well and this is the best the SE has done in a very very long time.

Let's see if he can lead us to win the ANC.
I totally agree but it’s clear that a lot of Nigerians are more emotional than logical and that’s the men :scared: This is the usual routine they complain when things are bad,ok and great just to sound smart but dig a deeper hole towards stupidity and ignorance then vent their feelings on those that don’t understand them!
Before Stephen Keshi won the Afcon they where calling for his sack and even looked for his replacement before the Afcon Quarter Final with CIV,why the great man didn’t retire after that shameful treatment I’ll never know?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Obong wrote:I am a student of History, and it has a rather unique way of happening. I have this premonition that Emmanuel Amuneke will be the Super Eagles manager after the AFCON. Let's just wait for developments...
Obong,

I actually feel the same way. If it isn't after the AFCON it will definitely be whenever Rohr fumbles. Amunike is like a Prince waiting to be crowned King.
Im faaaar from convinced about Amuneke. He won the U17 but didnt do well with U20.

Qualified Tanzania for the nations cup from a group with Uganda, lesotho and Cape Verde.

This is how we make bone headed decisions in this country and end up with an incompetent block head like Buhari.

Please, lets get serious!!
NfaChairman,

I am not sure that you can confidently state that Rohr is any better than Amunike, TBH. Qualifying Tanzania from that group is BTW not an easy deal. I bet you that when the draws took place, Tanzania was not given a chance qualifying from that very group. More than likely, Uganda or Cape Verde was expected to win that group. As for Nigeria's group, not only was Nigeria expected to win its group but was not expected to lose a game at the point at which the draws were made.

Amuneke may not be a super coach but neither is Rohr a super coach going by his work not only in Nigeria but elsewhere. Sure he has brought some stability but for him to reach the level of say a Keshi or Westerhoff he has to do so by accomplishing like those. Right now, he is not there and he is entering his fourth year with Nigeria, one of the longest tenure for a Nigerian coach.
Bro,
We should not use Amuneke and Super coach in the same sentence. He is not even yet qualified to be mentioned and good coach.

I maintain that beating Uganda, Lesotho and Cape Verde is not a criteria for him to even get a coaching job at Enyimba. Ofcourse, I am sure you are not nominating him based on his U17 achievement.

Let's see what he does at the Nations cup.
Let's see him qualify them for the world cup.
Let's see him beat the big teams.
Let's even help him get a coaching job in D2 in Belgium, holland etc

And that SE was expected to win the group was because of the feats under Rohr after bashing zambia away and Algeria at home. Please, 2 different coaches could not even qualify Nigeria for 2 ANCs even with moses, mikel and co in the team.
nfachairman,

In fact, I would actually argue that Tanzania qualifying from that group is just as difficult as Nigeria reaching Round 16 of the World Cup from our 2018 Group. Make no mistake about it. The effectiveness of the coach is based on the challenge before him. For Nigeria, that same Tanzania group would be considered an easy hurdle. But not so for Tanzania. Thus, a coach leading Tanzania to perform in that group should get more accolade that a coach leading Nigeria to achieve in that same group. Why? talent level available to the coach and it matters. If Rohr had taken Nigeria to the semi final of the World Cup that would be considered a greater accomplishment than any coach taking Brazil to the final of the same World Cup.

Bros, if you are judging Amuneke in terms of qualifying Tanzania for the World Cup would you be willing to judge Rohr on his reaching the World Cup semi-finals with Nigeria? That is the equivalence here, btw. I hope that you realize that Keshi qualifying Togo for the World Cup is bigger than any Nigerian coach qualifying Nigeria for the World cup. Think talent level because it matters and that determines expectations.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Obong wrote:I am a student of History, and it has a rather unique way of happening. I have this premonition that Emmanuel Amuneke will be the Super Eagles manager after the AFCON. Let's just wait for developments...
Obong,

I actually feel the same way. If it isn't after the AFCON it will definitely be whenever Rohr fumbles. Amunike is like a Prince waiting to be crowned King.
Im faaaar from convinced about Amuneke. He won the U17 but didnt do well with U20.

Qualified Tanzania for the nations cup from a group with Uganda, lesotho and Cape Verde.

This is how we make bone headed decisions in this country and end up with an incompetent block head like Buhari.

Please, lets get serious!!
NfaChairman,

I am not sure that you can confidently state that Rohr is any better than Amunike, TBH. Qualifying Tanzania from that group is BTW not an easy deal. I bet you that when the draws took place, Tanzania was not given a chance qualifying from that very group. More than likely, Uganda or Cape Verde was expected to win that group. As for Nigeria's group, not only was Nigeria expected to win its group but was not expected to lose a game at the point at which the draws were made.

Amuneke may not be a super coach but neither is Rohr a super coach going by his work not only in Nigeria but elsewhere. Sure he has brought some stability but for him to reach the level of say a Keshi or Westerhoff he has to do so by accomplishing like those. Right now, he is not there and he is entering his fourth year with Nigeria, one of the longest tenure for a Nigerian coach.
Bro,
We should not use Amuneke and Super coach in the same sentence. He is not even yet qualified to be mentioned and good coach.

I maintain that beating Uganda, Lesotho and Cape Verde is not a criteria for him to even get a coaching job at Enyimba. Ofcourse, I am sure you are not nominating him based on his U17 achievement.

Let's see what he does at the Nations cup.
Let's see him qualify them for the world cup.
Let's see him beat the big teams.
Let's even help him get a coaching job in D2 in Belgium, holland etc

And that SE was expected to win the group was because of the feats under Rohr after bashing zambia away and Algeria at home. Please, 2 different coaches could not even qualify Nigeria for 2 ANCs even with moses, mikel and co in the team.
nfachairman,

In fact, I would actually argue that Tanzania qualifying from that group is just as difficult as Nigeria reaching Round 16 of the World Cup from our 2018 Group. Make no mistake about it. The effectiveness of the coach is based on the challenge before him. For Nigeria, that same group would be considered an easy hurdle. But not so for Tanzania. Thus, a coach leading Tanzania to perform in that group should get more accolade that a coach leading Nigeria to achieve in that same group. If Rohr had taken Nigeria to the semi final of the World Cup that would be considered a greater accomplishment than any coach taking Brazil to the final of the same World Cup.
Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It is so funny, they think qualifying for afcon and the WCups are huge feats, because a wowo did it...Keshi women Afcon with style and made the 2nd round...Roth, disgraced us in Russia
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Una don comes with your agendas.

Rohr is doing an excellent job as Nigeria's manager, as is Amuneke in Tanzania. Let them be.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

The entire argument cant be based on results to date cos it wont hold water. Rather it is most likely based on flair based attacking and controlling games. I understand that. However, note that our defence, defending and tactical set up is much improved. Then many forget that managing goes beyond decisions during 90mins of a match. The team and squad selections have not been this fair in ages. You can easily tell that there are no rubbish or over sentimental invites that we have been baptised with all this while, especially with LCs. The attacking play is where needs improvement badly then this team can go places. I hope we ho far in ANC and he remains cos if i have to go thru the 2004-2017 era all over again with dodgy selection and 23man squads of only almost 11 real SE, i may just quit for good.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
I am yet to see Rohr and the SE play like this
SuperEagles

BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]
Not taking anything away from the performances in this game and the semis especially. But do you remember how laboured our first 3 group games were? Also the fact that we effectively took around 1GK and 14 outfield players to this tournament.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

[/video]

we dominated both games and thanks to the rubbish pitch the rest of the games were history
Ethopia chopped 2 goals, Mali Chopped 4, CIV chooped another 2 and the same Burkina were nothing in the finals...no sand pitch to save them , not once did we ever trail in that tourney

[/video]
SuperEagles

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You’re obviously a comedian or is delusional
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Delusional clown
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Thanks BigP :clap: :clap: :clap: .............Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: is the MIC :thumbs: FOREVER.
Damn........just forgot that Mba :clap: :clap: picked the ball from our half :woot: :woot: :woot:

This is a team that plays like the Super Eagles.............WITHOUT FEAR :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Polly wrote:We can all dream and wish, but Rohr is what we have and what we were prepared to pay for. In the circumstances, including learning Nigeria and the NFF, he has not done badly at all. We have an excellent squad of players, with admirable depth, and they have a chance to do great things.

The question of "expressive" players is a ruse. The moment you are on the pitch you are, in fact, expected to express yourself. Onuachu certainly expressed himself in that match against Egypt, and I am not just talking about his excellent goal.
you do know he will be fired if the SE do not win the AFCON?
Of course.
Thats the Nigerian way.
AFCON is our birthright.
Normally, I'll say a coach should remain whether we win the AFCON or not. I love the continuity we are having and continuity usually leads to success. HOWEVER, the anger I feel towards Rohr since the world cup is immeasurable. He screwed us out of a good world cup showing. And while I am appreciative of the idea that a coach can play down his team's abilities, as a tactic, THAT TACTIC IS SO UN-NIGERIAN! And when he does it, I cannot recognize or "feel" my team. We weren't brought up to be cowards.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote: Delusional clown
John, if we don’t at least take top 3 in ANC I hope you won’t come back here making excuses and cursing at people for no good reason.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

[/video]

we dominated both games and thanks to the rubbish pitch the rest of the games were history
Ethopia chopped 2 goals, Mali Chopped 4, CIV chooped another 2 and the same Burkina were nothing in the finals...no sand pitch to save them , not once did we ever trail in that tourney

[/video]

Everybody was balling in Legendary Keshi's team..............just saw Musa's :clap: :clap: :clap: move and pass that should have been a goal.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

zee wrote:
Thanks BigP :clap: :clap: :clap: .............Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: is the MIC :thumbs: FOREVER.
Damn........just forgot that Mba :clap: :clap: picked the ball from our half :woot: :woot: :woot:

This is a team that plays like the Super Eagles.............WITHOUT FEAR :clap: :clap: :clap:
Exactly , rohr has turned the SE to play like cowards, Rohr forces them in their shell... We all know what Keshi did..attack , maintain possession and dominate..instead we are a counter attacking team , park the bus team.. the way Algeria pushed us back in Uyo was a disgrace..talkless of the worldcup
SuperEagles

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Maceo you’re mad. Even if we or we don’t make top 3 I won’t ask for the termination of rohr. Super eagles has missed 2 back to back ANC and you’re feeling entitled to believe we should just come back and Win despite not earning it. (I think we can win sha) The goal for this ANC is to perform respectfully, commendable, effort, honorable, United and put your heart on your sleeve. I don’t like placing a specific targets because minor situations can change the cause of a result
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigeria winning away games like beans
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

john12 wrote: You’re obviously a comedian or is delusional
dude , you are showing qualifiers , whereby everyone knew the SE were so much better than Cameroon ... by the Way, Amodu, Keshi never lost a single WCQ , they both won home and away big.. we cannot say the same for Rohr , who lost 3-0 away to Algeria
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

john12 wrote:Maceo you’re mad. Even if we or we don’t make top 3 I won’t ask for the termination of rohr. Super eagles has missed 2 back to back ANC and you’re feeling entitled to believe we should just come back and Win despite not earning it. (I think we can win sha) The goal for this ANC is to perform respectfully, commendable, effort, honorable, United and put your heart on your sleeve. I don’t like placing a specific targets because minor situations can change the cause of a result
emm SE missed out in 2012, but came back to win it... stop with the BS
SuperEagles