Nigeria Vs Ghana Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Nigeria Vs Ghana Players

Post by chief nfachairman »

Comparing Nigeria Players with Ghanaian players in Europe, Ghana seems to have a more formidable set of players and pool. With a good coach and good FA, they would rock Africa o and Nigeria would struggle.

What baffles me is that Ghana, with a population of 30m, have more or equal amount of players in Europe and more players donig better than their NIgerian Counterpart. NIgeria's population is 190m (I doubt tho).

The question is, does Ghana have a better footballing system than NIgeria? Or are they naturally more talented? Or is it that not many Nigerians actually play football and they are more of fans and internet coaches? Or have most Naija boys decided to do Yahoo instead of sports?

Unemployment in Ghana is not an excuse becos they have an unemployment rate of 2% (out of 30m people) as against Nigeria that has 24% (out of 190m people).

Ghana has beaten us hands down when it comes to the size of women backsides. They sshould not win in this.

I don't even want to research Senegalese players abroad. I would just be depressed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*THe players that make these categories started more than 10 matches for their teams this season, and played more than 25 (considering subs) in total.
*For TIer 2 players, they have to have started 80% of their team matches.
*Tier 3 leagues (Denmark, Norway, ETC) not considered

Ghana
Number of Players in TOP 5 Leagues: 11 players
Number of Players in Tier 2 Leagues (Belgium, Turkey etc): 18 Players

Nigeria
Number of Players in TOP 5 Leagues: 9 players
Number of Players in Tier 2 Leagues (Belgium, Turkey etc): 16 Players
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Players

Post by Bigpokey24 »

USA has a bigger population ..oboy wetin you dey yarm China get better population, oboy why you yarn like this..India sef dem dey :D

but seriously why do ghana gals have bigger bakasi than naija gals though?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Bigpokey24 wrote:USA has a bigger population ..oboy wetin you dey yarm China get better population, oboy why you yarn like this..India sef dem dey :D

but seriously why do ghana gals have bigger bakasi than naija gals though?

:bump: :bump:

I knew you'll be the first to respond. As you see Ghana, the head go touch.

Those countries are not footballing countries. Some are too useless to play the game, so they play cricket. While some believe in their world championships, inside their own country.

As for the bakasi, the answer is Banku
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

chief nfachairman wrote:Comparing Nigeria Players with Ghanaian players in Europe, Ghana seems to have a more formidable set of players and pool. With a good coach and good FA, they would rock Africa o and Nigeria would struggle.

What baffles me is that Ghana, with a population of 30m, have more or equal amount of players in Europe and more players donig better than their NIgerian Counterpart. NIgeria's population is 190m (I doubt tho).

The question is, does Ghana have a better footballing system than NIgeria? Or are they naturally more talented? Or is it that not many Nigerians actually play football and they are more of fans and internet coaches? Or have most Naija boys decided to do Yahoo instead of sports?

Unemployment in Ghana is not an excuse becos they have an unemployment rate of 2% (out of 30m people) as against Nigeria that has 24% (out of 190m people).

Ghana has beaten us hands down when it comes to the size of women backsides. They sshould not win in this.

I don't even want to research Senegalese players abroad. I would just be depressed.

*THe players that make these categories started more than 10 matches for their teams this season, and played more than 25 (considering subs) in total.

Ghana

Nigeria
...yet their men are useless...we have the sextuple reproduction rate as reflected in our population compared to theirs hence all they've done is Morata'd the yanshes infront of dem :evil: I mean..I even suspect sey the 2% population increase was added by 9ja men in Ghana :twisted:

...however, answer ya kweshon..player production comes in generations..sometimes a country may have a wave of good players together and then it goes down and then comes back up again..look at Brazil..they've gone through such a striker draught that God had to send down another Jesus to see try rescue dem...so scant the boy had to leave home @ 19...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I wouldn't worry about this. Ghana, IVC, Senegal, Morocco. Algeria always had players in top leagues yet what have they shown for this at the international stage? How many trophies have they won in the last 30 years. Egypt who have their players plying their trade in their local league has more AFCONs that all these countries combined. Senegal with all their top EURO based players have not won an AFCON and wont win one anytime soon. We don't need guys playing or Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc at any giving time. We need guys who elevate their game when they wear the GWG.

My only worry with regards to this Nigerian team is the useless coach that we have.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

When will Africans learn that just stacking a squad with players who ply their trade in Europe will not guarantee an AFCON,how many titles have Egypt won since the time Ghana last won?Egypt and Zambia didn't rely on foreign based players but lifted titles!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i no go lie , I have dated and been in long term relationships with one SA, one half naija/ghana, 2 naijas, 1 ghana :shyluv: :shyluv: and so many AAs gals ( I have lost count) and to be honest the ghana gal shack me well well....kai i just dey ponder how dem ikebe dey be like that...but dem heads no dey house..actually all gals heads no dey house
SuperEagles

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i no go lie , I have dated and been in long term relationships with one SA, one half naija/ghana, 2 naijas, 1 ghana :shyluv: :shyluv: and so many AAs gals ( I have lost count) and to be honest the ghana gal shack me well well....kai i just dey ponder how dem ikebe dey be like that...but dem heads no dey house..actually all gals heads no dey house
BP............. Girls? I thought you were gay? Not that there is anything wrong with being gay
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Undertaker wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:i no go lie , I have dated and been in long term relationships with one SA, one half naija/ghana, 2 naijas, 1 ghana :shyluv: :shyluv: and so many AAs gals ( I have lost count) and to be honest the ghana gal shack me well well....kai i just dey ponder how dem ikebe dey be like that...but dem heads no dey house..actually all gals heads no dey house
BP............. Girls? I thought you were gay? Not that there is anything wrong with being gay
if you read his last sentence you would know that he actually is gay :tic:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Eaglezbeak wrote:When will Africans learn that just stacking a squad with players who ply their trade in Europe will not guarantee an AFCON,how many titles have Egypt won since the time Ghana last won?Egypt and Zambia didn't rely on foreign based players but lifted titles!
African titles.

And ofcourse, like i mentinoed in the writeup, the other parameters must be right.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:When will Africans learn that just stacking a squad with players who ply their trade in Europe will not guarantee an AFCON,how many titles have Egypt won since the time Ghana last won?Egypt and Zambia didn't rely on foreign based players but lifted titles!
African titles.

And ofcourse, like i mentinoed in the writeup, the other parameters must be right.
Yes African titles are a start since no African team has won a World Cup and the next major tournament is the AFCON!
away from the West African football mentality that seems to conclude to believing that the only way to suceed is to rely on anything foriegn (which may be the only way at this moment in time),the most important thing is to examin which nation has the best developing league and produces the best results in African continental competitons.No matter what way we analyse and compair these nations development in their own lands has to be the key,even when they are successful they are hardly consistent!
The question has to be what can either nation do better and why haven't they?What ever they are doing needs to be upgraded and developed or it will remain the same for years to come!
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

Undertaker wrote:
Homosexuality is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22) and is against the law in Nigeria.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

chief nfachairman wrote:Comparing Nigeria Players with Ghanaian players in Europe, Ghana seems to have a more formidable set of players and pool. With a good coach and good FA, they would rock Africa o and Nigeria would struggle.

Ghana

Nigeria
Or are they naturally more talented?
My personal opinion and bias... I think they just play some scintillating football. They are generally better... I remember Naija stealing some Ghanaians...can't say the same for Ghana.

Growing up, I loved their pam-pam (one touch) football. And used to be one of the toughest players to dispossess...(low center of gravity could be the reason) :P Naijaria used to be all kick-and-follow. And Ghana ball in my area was known as "Afia mgbede" (evening market)... from me-to-you. Even when it came to dribbling and close ball control they were second to none... again, on the average o. I don't want pesin to begin mention Okosha as an example of a dribbler that Ghana doesn't have... But Ghana produced some fine dribblers... and more complete footballers.

But if you think Naija players get mental problems you never jam Ghananese players. Dem too quarrel... factions go break out even for set. Egos as big as Mr. Dolly's head... even for diaspora. Dem go gree come together form team... midway into league, team go skatta.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gboye7777 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Homosexuality is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22) and is against the law in Nigeria.
:lol: :lol: you wan spoil market for undie..google undertaker and montrose... a lot of funny business going on..undie has many red hats with feathers in it :)
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:

Ghana

Nigeria
My personal opinion and bias... I think they just play some scintillating football. They are generally better... I remember Naija stealing some Ghanaians...can't say the same for Ghana.

Growing up, I loved their pam-pam (one touch) football. And used to be one of the toughest players to dispossess...(low center of gravity could be the reason) :P Naijaria used to be all kick-and-follow. And Ghana ball in my area was known as "Afia mgbede" (evening market)... from me-to-you. Even when it came to dribbling and close ball control they were second to none... again, on the average o. I don't want pesin to begin mention Okosha as an example of a dribbler that Ghana doesn't have... But Ghana produced some fine dribblers... and more complete footballers.

But if you think Naija players get mental problems you never jam Ghananese players. Dem too quarrel... factions go break out even for set. Egos as big as Mr. Dolly's head... even for diaspora. Dem go gree come together form team... midway into league, team go skatta.
rubbish, I have never seen us play kick and follow football..stop making ish up

[/video]
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Ghana

Nigeria

[/video]
When Jay-Jay and Iroha played that deadly 1-2 on the edge of the CIV area in the Afcon Semifinals 94 and when Finidi chipped the Greek goalkeeper in our last group game of 94 World Cup I knew we played tantalising football!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

[/video]
You are a kid... so this style of play you are referencing is sorta 'new'. Introduced to the Naijarian league by Monday Sinclair and later made a staple by Amodu (BCC/El Kanemi teams). Monday Sinclair tried the "Ghanaian/Brazilian" put the ball on the ground and pass your way into the opponent's goal area but it never took hold until Amodu used it to capture the league with both BCC and El Kanemi.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we've always played possession based football , pass , pass , pass..even Keshi said this . i do not know why you are making things up... 76, 78, 80, etc..The SE then Green Eagles all played possession based passing style...
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
this was even in 88. Amodu was from 89 with Gboko, so your statement is false
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]
this was even in 88. Amodu was from 89 with Gboko, so your statement is false
Your comprehension skills is somn else.

Did you not read about Monday Sinclair in my write up?

You need to be starved... too much gluten in your diet. :boo: :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

You claimed we played kick and follow... stop confusing police football with the norm.. this was what clubs like Nepa , Rachers, Racca all played.. however during the mid and late 70s , it was the norm, Leventis of Ibadan was one of the best footballing clubs in the 80s , then you had NNB ( one of the best clubs , they had the likes of Keshi, Omokaro, etcthey played give and go... My goodness prepaid you really don't know history of our football....
SuperEagles