Super Falcons Squad for Spain Friendlies - April 4 & April 8

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Falcons Squad for Spain Friendlies - April 4 & Apr

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:Alaba was also injured, which seems to be why she didn't make the 2018 AWCON squad.
Height or no, in 2016, Coach Omagbemi felt she was the better keeper and had Oluehi be her backup.
Huh?! Who said anything about her height? :shock:
And if she was injured, why we you going on about so-called “undeserved” omission?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Me, I'm just happy that Chiamaka Nnadozie has progressed to the senior team.
The girl is an exceptional young keeper. :thumb:
You and me both! :thumb:

Glad to see that we have apparently started looking towards the future and infusing new blood into the Falcons (albeit better after the WC), although the GK position is one that could always use an experienced pair of hands. At least it seems that we currently have 3 pretty good GKs (perhaps 4) which has not always been the case - and still not so on the senior male side.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kalani JR wrote:I don't see how we avoid another group elimination.

With Payne and Umotong we stand a chance. They have goals in them. Our group isn't that bad. We play France last so if we get 4 points off Korea and Norway which is doable, we can scale thru.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:Me, I'm just happy that Chiamaka Nnadozie has progressed to the senior team.
The girl is an exceptional young keeper. :thumb:
You and me both! :thumb:

Glad to see that we have apparently started looking towards the future and infusing new blood into the Falcons (albeit better after the WC), although the GK position is one that could always use an experienced pair of hands. At least it seems that we currently have 3 pretty good GKs (perhaps 4) which has not always been the case - and still not so on the senior male side.
That “WE” is the new coaching crew cajoled and discredited by the CE usual suspects.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Was responding to an embedded quote of you, adisboy and Ohenhen.
Apologies...you got caught in the cross-fire :wink:
Gotti wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Alaba was also injured, which seems to be why she didn't make the 2018 AWCON squad.
Height or no, in 2016, Coach Omagbemi felt she was the better keeper and had Oluehi be her backup.
Huh?! Who said anything about her height? :shock:
And if she was injured, why we you going on about so-called “undeserved” omission?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Hopefully, we will see the gradual phasing out of Oparanozie in the top striker role (she seems to have slowed down and has always had a tendency to unnecessarily hold on to the ball - rooting for Ini to step up and perhaps Dike)
Payne can provide more depth and pace on the wings (that way, Oshoala can play as the top striker, where she is more dangerous).
bret- hart wrote:
With Payne and Umotong we stand a chance. They have goals in them. Our group isn't that bad. We play France last so if we get 4 points off Korea and Norway which is doable, we can scale thru.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:Was responding to an embedded quote of you, adisboy and Ohenhen.
Apologies...you got caught in the cross-fire :wink:
NP! I was genuinely bemused... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Otitokoro wrote:Hopefully, we will see the gradual phasing out of Oparanozie in the top striker role (she seems to have slowed down and has always had a tendency to unnecessarily hold on to the ball - rooting for Ini to step up and perhaps Dike)
Payne can provide more depth and pace on the wings (that way, Oshoala can play as the top striker, where she is more dangerous).
bret- hart wrote:
Rumors making rounds is that they have a new team captain.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Not sure that is true - this is tantamount to 'kite flying'.
Same 'rumors' stated she captained the team against Canada which wasn't true.
Cellular wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Hopefully, we will see the gradual phasing out of Oparanozie in the top striker role (she seems to have slowed down and has always had a tendency to unnecessarily hold on to the ball - rooting for Ini to step up and perhaps Dike)
bret- hart wrote:
Rumors making rounds is that they have a new team captain.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Kai. Some of that was pure wickedness.
oyek wrote:Patricia George highlights
[/video]
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bret- hart wrote:

Not sure why you would want Oparanozie to be phased out when she's still one of our best players. No doubt we have more attacking options now. But that is all the more reason to let competition decide who plays, rather than some predetermined notion of who should be phased out - whether it's Oparanozie or anyone else.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Mystic,
I gave my reasons of my desire (no pun intended) for her to be phased out.
If you look at her potential 'competition' on the SF front line, specifically, the likes of Kanu, Uchendu, Umotong, Dike and even Oshoala, one thing they do well is think fast, play fast and pass the ball fast. Oparanozie hardly ever does that. Her style of play is more brawn than finesse.
I strongly believe that, its only a matter of time before she becomes surplus to SF requirements. It may be sooner than later.
mystic wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Not sure why you would want Oparanozie to be phased out when she's still one of our best players. No doubt we have more attacking options now. But that is all the more reason to let competition decide who plays, rather than some predetermined notion of who should be phased out - whether it's Oparanozie or anyone else.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:Mystic,
I gave my reasons of my desire (no pun intended) for her to be phased out.
If you look at her potential 'competition' on the SF front line, specifically, the likes of Kanu, Uchendu, Umotong, Dike and even Oshoala, one thing they do well is think fast, play fast and pass the ball fast. Oparanozie hardly ever does that. Her style of play is more brawn than finesse.
I strongly believe that, its only a matter of time before she becomes surplus to SF requirements. It may be sooner than later.
mystic wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Ok. I better understand what you are getting at now. However, I don't think she's going anywhere any time soon. She will be a key part of our team over the next few Tournaments (World Cup, Olympics and next AWNC).