Should mikel obi reclaim his starting shirt?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Should mikel obi reclaim his starting shirt?

Post by john12 »

Seriously, this is a real question that needs answer. Mikel temporarily resigned from SE and has renounced his resignation. In his absence, etebo, ndidi and iwobi has done relatively well and are unbeaten in 7 games. Now, mikel is back available for selection do you think he should reclaim his starting shirt? To me
1) Ndidi is our best ball winner and reader and he deserves that 6 position as a starter
2) etebo was SE best midfielder at the World Cup. He is very very energetic, has lungs, can dribble, fast and should also be a starter.

3) Mikel vs Iwobi - this is where I’m undecided should rohr bench iwobi for mikel or continue using iwobi ahead of him? Let’s be clear, mikel didn’t excel at that World Cup at his favorite position against Croatia but looking at Croatia midfield, they literally had the best “MIDFIELD” at WC. Also, mikel performed extremely good at that position prior to WC against top African teams like Algeria, and Cameroun and was infact of of our best players alongside (moses) in those games. Do you think ROhR should utilize him again in that position and hopes he wrecks havoc to African teams like against Cameroon and Algeria?? Should Obi should be a bench player? Personally, I think 352 formation is our most solid one and the team that defeated Iceland at Wc can win this ANC. Discuss, let me hear your input
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Should mikel obi reclaim his starting shirt?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yeap unbeaten vs Libya 2ce, Seychelles 2xe :rotf: you are failing to see the picture clearly. SE has a problem with scoring...blame Rohr..you can dice and change as much as you like, the issue with the SE is goal scoring

Oh and goalkeeping
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mikel starts every time until further notice.
End of story.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nope

He will have to earn it. We have other options now with Azubuike, Etebo and etc.

Could be a super sub until he earns his starting spot back. If he plays like how he played against England last year, he will warm the bench.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nope

He will have to earn it. We have other options now with Azubuike, Etebo and etc.

Could be a super sub until he earns his starting spot back. If he plays like how he played against England last year, he will warm the bench.
Keep dreaming. Mikel is still miles better than the best of the midfielders currently & to make matters worse he's playing regularly. All he needs to do is to show up and he starts. Mind you Oliseh is not the coach.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ohene, you are funny, Mikel was playing is a trash league and was still bossing the SE's midfield..fast forward, the guy signed just 6 months contract to another trash team but a much better league than the crap in china...he is currently at 75% and still plays 90 mins winning MOM... come AFCON, if Mikel chooses to return, he captains the team in Egypt

However Midfield isn't the problem right now, goal scoring nah the koko of the matter
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:Mikel starts every time until further notice.
End of story.
i do not want to call you out, but why do you turn a blind eye when innocent men are abused by the me too movement?
SuperEagles

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

i think so. i woudl like to see MIkel in the Defensive midfield position, Ndidi takes over the CM role from Etebo and Iwobi plays the attacking midfield.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
End of story.
i do not want to call you out, but why do you turn a blind eye when innocent men are abused by the me too movement?
Leave that one.
I've told you, you were not innocent.
Stick to the thread and leave your personal tribulations out of it. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
End of story.
Leave that one.
Stick to the thread and leave your personal tribulations out of it. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I knew you would turn a blind eye to such, once again shame on you how much are they paying you?
Mexican Rocker Armando Vega Gil Dead at 64, Following #MeToo Accusations

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mex ... 36756.html
Before he died, Vega Gil posted a suicide message on Twitter. He strongly denying the accusations that had been made anonymously via the @MeTooMusicaMX account on Twitter.

“Let me make it clear that my death is not a confession of guilt, on the contrary it is a radical declaration of my innocence,” he wrote (in Spanish) on Twitter. “Don’t blame anyone for my death, this suicide is a voluntary, free and personal decision. Hasta pronto.” He said, given the power of social media, he believed that he would not be able to clear his name and that he wanted to make sure that his son’s life was not blighted by the accusations.
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
End of story.
Leave that one.
I knew you would turn a blind eye to such, once again shame on you how much are they paying you?
Mexican Rocker Armando Vega Gil Dead at 64, Following #MeToo Accusations

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mex ... 36756.html
Before he died, Vega Gil posted a suicide message on Twitter. He strongly denying the accusations that had been made anonymously via the @MeTooMusicaMX account on Twitter.

“Let me make it clear that my death is not a confession of guilt, on the contrary it is a radical declaration of my innocence,” he wrote (in Spanish) on Twitter. “Don’t blame anyone for my death, this suicide is a voluntary, free and personal decision. Hasta pronto.” He said, given the power of social media, he believed that he would not be able to clear his name and that he wanted to make sure that his son’s life was not blighted by the accusations.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
N200,000 renegotiable after 6 months.

Now can we get back to the thread please? :oops:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:i think so. i woudl like to see MIkel in the Defensive midfield position, Ndidi takes over the CM role from Etebo and Iwobi plays the attacking midfield.
Precisely.
I need to watch this Etebo guy more closely because I'm not entirely convinced he's the real deal even though his stats are impressive.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Iwobi, Ndidi, Mikel

That should be our starting 3

Etebo can come in for Mikel or Iwobi, based on the way the game is going.

Mikel is our best passer of the ball, the most intelligent midfielder, the best vision, and frankly the best technique other than possibly Iwobi.

Mikel is playing week in week out. He is a bonafide SE starter.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Mikel and iwobi in the same midfield? It’s going to be a slow and lazy one
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Iwobi is very hard working and covers the entire pitch. You need to watch his recent games for the eagles
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:i think so. i woudl like to see MIkel in the Defensive midfield position, Ndidi takes over the CM role from Etebo and Iwobi plays the attacking midfield.
Precisely.
I need to watch this Etebo guy more closely because I'm not entirely convinced he's the real deal even though his stats are impressive.
I think Etebo is a fantastic player. but in the CM role, Ndidi is playing on a higher level.

Etebo is actually an attack minded player. it was Siasia if i recollect that started playing him in CM.

He has always said his best position is behind the striker. in Farense he played 10 and left wing.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

john12 wrote:Mikel and iwobi in the same midfield? It’s going to be a slow and lazy one
Totally disagree. Iwobi is a quick player. For crying out loud, he plays the left wing for arsenal.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:
john12 wrote:Mikel and iwobi in the same midfield? It’s going to be a slow and lazy one
Totally disagree. Iwobi is a quick player. For crying out loud, he plays the left wing for arsenal.
Quick ke, AI takes lots and lots of breaks o. Lets not allow fandom to cloud our judgement o.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

My take is that Mikel starts in spite of some of his deficiencies. His value outweighs those deficiencies. For instance, throughout Nigeria's football history, no one has passed the ball with more precision as Mikel. His the king of passes (Not just backwards, btw) ever for SE. None of our midfielders today can come close. However, his workrate and ball winning is not on the level of both Ndidi and Etebo but I will still play him ahead of Etebo. Playing him in Iwobi's position is problematic. Sure, he is far more consistent than Iwobi has shown but Mikel can also delay the attack where Iwobi will make quick decisions.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:My take is that Mikel starts in spite of some of his deficiencies. His value outweighs those deficiencies. For instance, throughout Nigeria's football history, no one has passed the ball with more precision as Mikel. His the king of passes (Not just backwards, btw) ever for SE. None of our midfielders today can come close. However, his workrate and ball winning is not on the level of both Ndidi and Etebo but I will still play him ahead of Etebo. Playing him in Iwobi's position is problematic. Sure, he is far more consistent than Iwobi has shown but Mikel can also delay the attack where Iwobi will make quick decisions.
Ndidi will be working overtime with both Iwobi and Mikel in there jogging around, but I think it also depends on the opponent. If we play a Senegal, we will need battlers like Etebo in there to help Ndidi...to me Iwobi is more of a luxury, for all his atilogwu dancing he doesn't really create enough scoring opportunities, let Mikel take his spot sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!