BBC - Nwankwo Obiora: Forgotten Nigerian midfielder keen to

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BBC - Nwankwo Obiora: Forgotten Nigerian midfielder keen

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:Gotti aren't you being a bit hash on the fellow. so what if he isn't good enough now. He thrilled even if it was just for those moments at world cup. give him a break
Abegi, which World Cup did Nwankwo Obiora play that the rest of us missed? :blink:
Abeg go sit don with ya itk, is world cup the topic? self centered egotistical fellow
So why did YOU bring up the World Cup, you uncouth ignoramus?! :blink:
as opposed to your more dangerous couth ignoramus of your ignoramus and attempting to deflect and project your ignoramus on others
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:as opposed to your more dangerous couth ignoramus of your ignoramus and attempting to deflect and project your ignoramus on others
Dude, you are not only crude, uncouth and ignorant...
But you seem actively opposed to the concept of knowledge. What a tool! :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I can't remember Obiora been an exceptional player at any time I watched him play. Maybe we were carried away with his "Oliseh look alike" demeanor at the time, but he was always a very average and colorless player at best...all the best to him in his career.
Nonsense. He was young up and coming DM with inter but got injuries stifled his developement. He was a reader of the game,passer and tackler, that's why inter picked him at the time. Your memory of the boy is not consistent with his talent level. I can only conclude that you're probably talking about a different player.
He was BRIEFLY a very promising prospect at U20 level...
But as we have seen a million times that does not necessarily translate to the senior international level.

The reality was that after a very promising start at the 2009 AYC, Nwankwo began to falter same year when replacement coach Samson Siasia in his wisdom decide to switch the dude from defensive midfield to central defense which resulted in a right nightmare at the 2009 U20 WC in Egypt. Following that failed experimentation, Nwankwo returned to defensive midfield briefly for the U23 team under Augustine Eguavoen pairing with Lukman Haruna in what some of us thought would become a dream midfield duo but that team faltered badly against Ghana in the All-Africa Games qualifiers. He then made a frankly surprising reappearance at the senior level (given that he was exiled in a modest Romanian club at the time), first under Stephen Keshi and even made it onto the 2013 ANC-winning side (albeit only making a brief cameo appearance), and subsequently under Sunday Oliseh, but ultimately each stint was brief and abbreviated.

BTW, it was not injuries that truncated Nwankwo's Inter career (having joined Inter at the youth ranks), but rather the firing of Rafa Benitez who seemed to like Nwankwo and handed him his 4 senior appearances at Inter, including a Champions' League start. Benitez seemed to like him because he fitted well into the former's defense-first brand of football. Unfortunately for Nwankwo, once Benitez was canned and Leonardo stepped in and tried to introduce a more up-tempo style, his professional fortunes at Inter dwindled into nothingness, and subsequently he moved to Parma but fared little better there (with a grand total of 2 appearances over 2 seasons). Nwankwo may have suffered niggling injuries from time to time but not enough to impact his career (bearing in mind he was on various Nigeria NTs - U20, U23 and SE - almost continuously from about 2008 until 2015) until the major injury in late 2015, which was over 4 years after leaving Inter.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:as opposed to your more dangerous couth ignoramus of your ignoramus and attempting to deflect and project your ignoramus on others
Dude, you are not only crude, uncouth and ignorant...
But you seem actively opposed to the concept of knowledge. What a tool! :roll:
opposed to the concept of knowledge :lol: :lol: you can say that again fool!! o course I'm vehemently opposed to your concept of knowledge and the tool is deep up your arse mudafukka

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:opposed to the concept of knowledge :lol: :lol: you can say that again fool!! o course I'm vehemently opposed to your concept of knowledge and the tool is deep up your arse mudafukka
Sadly for you, I don’t play for your team...
Should have guessed there’s a reason this crude stunted Neanderthal has been craving attention. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:opposed to the concept of knowledge :lol: :lol: you can say that again fool!! o course I'm vehemently opposed to your concept of knowledge and the tool is deep up your arse mudafukka
Sadly for you, I don’t play for your team...
Should have guessed there’s a reason this crude stunted Neanderthal has been craving attention. SMH
This Lifeless CE dwelling self centered *kindperson* have nothing but same tired predictable lines. Stupid mudsfurkka