Uganda Lost to Tanzania on purpose?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Uganda Lost to Tanzania on purpose?

Post by naijaguy »

[/video]

After watching the game between Tanzania and Uganda(I have attached the highlight above), I deduced the following:

1. The Ugandan goalkeeper conceded cheap goals.

2. The Ugandan defence were barely defending.

3. The Ugandan strikers were just shooting aimlessly.

It means, Uganda most likely lost, so that Tanzania(fellow east African team) will also qualify from the group.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uganda Lost to Tanzania on purpose?

Post by pajimoh »

Possible
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why didn't they just lose 3-2 at least make it a little more entertaining!
Uganda just capitulated which was out of character considering their previous results!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Nigeria 3-0 win against Ghana 2002 qualifiers comes to mind.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Why didn't they just lose 3-2 to at least make it a little more entertaining!
Uganda just capitulated which was out of character considering their previous results!
The matches in their group were played simultaneously. Had Lesotho beaten Capeverde, they would have 8 points too and then it will come down to goal difference. More reason why Uganda purposely lost 3-0 to Tanzania
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

naijaguy wrote:[/video]

After watching the game between Tanzania and Uganda(I have attached the highlight above), I deduced the following:

1. The Ugandan goalkeeper conceded cheap goals.

2. The Ugandan defence were barely defending.

3. The Ugandan strikers were just shooting aimlessly.

It means, Uganda most likely lost, so that Tanzania(fellow east African team) will also qualify from the group.
How were the goals cheap? The penalty goal was cheap too? Stop posting crap!!
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

naijaguy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Why didn't they just lose 3-2 to at least make it a little more entertaining!
The matches in their group were played simultaneously. Had Lesotho beaten Capeverde, they would have 8 points too and then it will come down to goal difference. More reason why Uganda purposely lost 3-0 to Tanzania
No matter the score of the Tanzania match, Lesotho only needed to win in Carpe Verde to qualify on head to head. So your comments above doesn't stand. You are just looking to belittle the hard work of other people.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

lacidi wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
No matter the score of the Tanzania match, Lesotho only needed to win in Carpe Verde to qualify on head to head. So your comments above doesn't stand. You are just looking to belittle the hard work of other people.
Kpom
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Uganda had four(4) players starting for the first time.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but if I were in that game and had a good chance of going to Egypt, I would not even risk an ankle sprain, let alone break a leg.

You still have to give the Tanzanians credit.

FUFA's president was publicly furious with the result.

Anyway, let us all focus on the big dance in Egypt where some wahala is already brewing.
Last edited by Kabalega on Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tazania deserved to qualify as Lesotho didn't win the game they had in their hands and Tanzania still did what they could do and win and their reward was qualification!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Uganda should be investigated and banned from the 2019 AFCON if evidence is found that they threw the match. :twisted:

If this kind of controversy was linked to Nigeria, Kabalega would not let us rest here with his accusations.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Sir V wrote:Nigeria 3-0 win against Ghana 2002 qualifiers comes to mind.

West Africans do this all the time. Even Europeans do it against African teams
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Can’t believe that supposedly rational people are actually giving any credence to this conspiracy theory. Uganda with a full compliment of its regulars struggled to a goalless draw at home to Tanzania, and anyone who actually watched this last game in real time could see the Uandans gave it their best shot. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Can’t believe that supposedly rational people are actually giving any credence to this conspiracy theory. Uganda with a full compliment of its regulars struggled to a goalless draw at home to Tanzania, and anyone who actually watched this last game in real time could see the Uandans gave it their best shot. SMH
You seriously give underserved credit to the world Number one Digital beer Parlor
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Kabalega wrote:Uganda had four(4) players starting for the first time.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but if I were in that game and had a good chance of going to Egypt, I would not even risk an ankle sprain, let alone break a leg.

FUFA's president was publicly furious about the result.

Anyway, let us all focus on the bid dance in Egypt where some wahala is already brewing.
Ah Uganda if only their soccer was as beautiful as their women and their music .

But alas :mrgreen:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

BAP wrote:

Anyway, let us all focus on the bid dance in Egypt where some wahala is already brewing.
Ah Uganda if only their soccer was as beautiful as their women and their music .

There is an anthropological component to a mans ingrained appraisal of women foreign to him as favorable or more beautiful than the ones native to him. This tendency is clearly related to sexual prowess
And propensity to mate far and wide so as to propagate his seeds/offsprings. It’s an unconscious urge that all men carry. We always think that a foreign woman that we haven’t even met is beautiful
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So all of a sudden Uganda that has not qualified for any tournament in decades cannot be themselves and lose a game like they have done regularly without it being that they lost on purpose? Abeg make we hear word.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

jette1 wrote:
BAP wrote:

There is an anthropological component to a mans ingrained appraisal of women foreign to him as favorable or more beautiful than the ones native to him. This tendency is clearly related to sexual prowess
And propensity to mate far and wide so as to propagate his seeds/offsprings. It’s an unconscious urge that all men carry. We always think that a foreign woman that we haven’t even met is beautiful
:mrgreen:
Chief why do you assume that I haven’t met Ugandans or that they are foreign to me ? Furthermore I am not one who even remotely thinks foreign women are by default more attractive than my own peeps

Beauty comes from within my good friend so when I say Ugandan women are beautiful it really does start with their relatively mild temperament . I am generalizing of Course but a trend is indeed a trend

Per aesthetics of course they have the good the bad and the ugly like Everyone else but the good among them are literally breathtaking just google Juliana Kanyomoze as a point of reference . And they don’t seem to have the skin bleaching epidemic we have at least not to the same degree

And their music to Me sha is another level . (At least the band music genre ) . Look up “Da Nu Eagles”, Jose chameleone, Eddie Yawe , the aforementioned Juliana , desire Luzinda , Zanie Brown , Karitas Karios etc and the list goes on
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BAP wrote:
jette1 wrote:
BAP wrote:

Chief why do you assume that I haven’t met Ugandans or that they are foreign to me ? Furthermore I am not one who even remotely thinks foreign women are by default more attractive than my own peeps

Beauty comes from within my good friend so when I say Ugandan women are beautiful it really does start with their relatively mild temperament . I am generalizing of Course but a trend is indeed a trend

Per aesthetics of course they have the good the bad and the ugly like Everyone else but the good among them are literally breathtaking just google Juliana Kanyomoze as a point of reference . And they don’t seem to have the skin bleaching epidemic we have at least not to the same degree

And their music to Me sha is another level . (At least the band music genre ) . Look up “Da Nu Eagles”, Jose chameleone, Eddie Yawe , the aforementioned Juliana , desire Luzinda , Zanie Brown , Karitas Karios etc and the list goes on
Boss...e be like you dey follow Ugandan women well-well.
Your references are an eye-opener for me.
Who woulda thunk it? :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ :sleep: :roll: :roll: :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:Uganda should be investigated and banned from the 2019 AFCON if evidence is found that they threw the match. :twisted:

If this kind of controversy was linked to Nigeria, Kabalega would not let us rest here with his accusations.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You have to consider history in these matters.

Anyway, FUFA is officially not happy with the outcome of the game.

And Uganda Cranes had to rest players due to injury, illness and accumulated cards.
All legit reasons not to field a full strength team.

However, the replacements should be able to rise to the occassion.
So, give Tanzania Taifa stars and Amuneke their due credit.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:
Sir V wrote:Nigeria 3-0 win against Ghana 2002 qualifiers comes to mind.

West Africans do this all the time. Even Europeans do it against African teams
:source:
You sound like some African uncle that just says what ever with no proof although you could be right it's just talk due to bitterness!
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Damunk wrote:
BAP wrote:
jette1 wrote:
BAP wrote:

Boss...e be like you dey follow Ugandan women well-well.
Your references are an eye-opener for me.
Who woulda thunk it? :thumb:
Lolz ...I sabi dem oh abi you think say na only sacred songs and solos I sabi :mrgreen:

Anyway , their music industry is like third in Africa in ranking or something like that but they have so many artists much more than Naija does imho...

Only problem is that they tend to sing primarily in the Luganda Language with Spatterings of English which makes their audience limited despite their good quality . Some like Jose Chameleone will also perform in swahili at times probably because he was kenya based at one time.

Our good friend Kabalega here going by his name is probably Banyoro so its even possible that he himself doesnt even speak the Luganda langauge .