U17 AFCON 2019: EAGLETS' UPDATES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: U17 AFCON 2019: EAGLETS' UPDATES

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:I can't speak to what happened in the U17 camp but Lateef lived up to the so called hype at U15 level.
Mystic,

My recollection was that he was mostly a bench player.

He played in the duet of friendlies against Morocco.
He did but I believe he was not a starter. In fact in one game he provided the two assists in a 3-2 win but he still was subbed in. Not that it matters. As far as I know, he is much younger than others and getting into the games even as a bench players says very little if you ask me.
Yep.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:I can't speak to what happened in the U17 camp but Lateef lived up to the so called hype at U15 level.
Mystic,

My recollection was that he was mostly a bench player.

He played in the duet of friendlies against Morocco.
He did but I believe he was not a starter. In fact in one game he provided the two assists in a 3-2 win but he still was subbed in. Not that it matters. As far as I know, he is much younger than others and getting into the games even as a bench players says very little if you ask me.
That's what I remember too
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

GOOD LUCK LADS! :thumb:

*Picture credit NFF Twitter page

THE 21 EAGLETS FOR U17 AFCON FINALS

Sunday Stephen, Shedrack Tanko, Ogaga Oduko, Samson Okikiola Tijani, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, David Akulo Ishaya, Olakunle Junior Olusegun, Mayowa David Abayomi, Wisdom Ubani, Adrian Akande, Mubaraq Gata Adeshina, Shuaib Abdulrazaq, Akinkunmi Ayobami Amoo, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Charles Etim, Suleman Shaibu, Peter Agba, Divine Nwachukwu, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Fawaz Abdullahi, Ayomide Oluwabusola
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Gotti wrote:
skillful wrote:Overall four players born outside the shores of Nigeria took part in the screening exercise in Abuja but the duo of former Barcelona Escola Kelechi Ebenezer Ibe-Torti and Go Ahead Eagles Lateef Omidiji Junior were not considered good enough for the Nigerian team. Big lie Lateef was by far the best player.
How do you know? Were you there?

I do not know either, but I trust Manu Garba's eye for talent, and given that the team lost some apparently key players via the MRI results I am sure that if Lateef was good enough that would have strengthened his chances of making the cut.
Are you on instagram? check 9jafootballtalk and soccernittygritty for what went down in the u17s. The sister wasn't accepted by the mafia group in the female team. The boy refused them to be his agent.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

skillful wrote:
Gotti wrote:
skillful wrote:Overall four players born outside the shores of Nigeria took part in the screening exercise in Abuja but the duo of former Barcelona Escola Kelechi Ebenezer Ibe-Torti and Go Ahead Eagles Lateef Omidiji Junior were not considered good enough for the Nigerian team. Big lie Lateef was by far the best player.

I do not know either, but I trust Manu Garba's eye for talent, and given that the team lost some apparently key players via the MRI results I am sure that if Lateef was good enough that would have strengthened his chances of making the cut.
Are you on instagram? check 9jafootballtalk and soccernittygritty for what went down in the u17s. The sister wasn't accepted by the mafia group in the female team. The boy refused them to be his agent.

skillful,

TBH, There is no reason to believe your position. First, Lateef was not a starter in the U15 in the last year or so. Now, somehow he should be automatic in an older team of U17 players? Just not a convincing argument. While I believe Lateef is a special talent as mentioned by several media reports there is a major difference when one is attempting to play up in youth football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:GOOD LUCK LADS! :thumb:

*Picture credit NFF Twitter page

THE 21 EAGLETS FOR U17 AFCON FINALS

Sunday Stephen, Shedrack Tanko, Ogaga Oduko, Samson Okikiola Tijani, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, David Akulo Ishaya, Olakunle Junior Olusegun, Mayowa David Abayomi, Wisdom Ubani, Adrian Akande, Mubaraq Gata Adeshina, Shuaib Abdulrazaq, Akinkunmi Ayobami Amoo, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Charles Etim, Suleman Shaibu, Peter Agba, Divine Nwachukwu, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Fawaz Abdullahi, Ayomide Oluwabusola
Hopefully, none of these guys here graded IV or V in the MRI test. It seems that at least three of the key forwards at the qualifying level are still on the team. Goodluck to them.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

skillful wrote:Are you on instagram? check 9jafootballtalk and soccernittygritty for what went down in the u17s. The sister wasn't accepted by the mafia group in the female team. The boy refused them to be his agent.
The danger with these anecdotes is that they tend to be self-serving...

Accordingly, ANS (for whatever it's worth) is reporting that the Lateef camp tried to "intimidate" the coaching staff with its connections to the Nike sponsors of the national teams. Nonetheless, reaffirming my earlier position, unless any of us were at the camp and personally witnessed the performance of each prospects (and I most certainly was NOT there), we are left with little or no option to defer to Manu Garba's professional judgment - and he has a pretty good track record in that respect.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

skillful wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Wow. I'm not on instagram but these are some serious allegations if true.

As far as I know though, Sophia is no longer on the books of her Dutch team and she's clubless.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Enugu II wrote:
skillful wrote:
Gotti wrote:

skillful,

TBH, There is no reason to believe your position. First, Lateef was not a starter in the U15 in the last year or so. Now, somehow he should be automatic in an older team of U17 players? Just not a convincing argument. While I believe Lateef is a special talent as mentioned by several media reports there is a major difference when one is attempting to play up in youth football.
I hear you but try checking out the stories my reluctance to say much due to the sensitivity of the matter.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Finally, The face of REAL Nigeria Youth.... Thank god for MRI
Gotti wrote:Image
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:Finally, The face of REAL Nigeria Youth.... Thank god for MRI
What do you mean "finally"?

What's the difference between the faces of this 2019 team and the 2015 U17s.....

Or the 2013 U17s?

You people like to stick with outdated narratives like toilet paper to shitt.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote:
skillful wrote:Are you on instagram? check 9jafootballtalk and soccernittygritty for what went down in the u17s. The sister wasn't accepted by the mafia group in the female team. The boy refused them to be his agent.
The danger with these anecdotes is that they tend to be self-serving...

Accordingly, ANS (for whatever it's worth) is reporting that the Lateef camp tried to "intimidate" the coaching staff with its connections to the Nike sponsors of the national teams. Nonetheless, reaffirming my earlier position, unless any of us were at the camp and personally witnessed the performance of each prospects (and I most certainly was NOT there), we are left with little or no option to defer to Manu Garba's professional judgment - and he has a pretty good track record in that respect.

The ANS report sounds like BS to me.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:The ANS report sounds like BS to me.
ANS usually serves up BS....
But frankly BOTH sides sound like BS to me.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:The ANS report sounds like BS to me.
ANS usually serves up BS....
But frankly BOTH sides sound like BS to me.

Focus should be on the team that's going to the tournament.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:

What's the difference between the faces of this 2019 team and the 2015 U17s.....

Or the 2013 U17s?

Who are you Stevie wonder Dafunk ??? You don't see a difference in the faces and body frame of the players in the different group of pictures.... I guess people see what they want to see.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:
Damunk wrote:I was at the Nigeria High Commission London about a fortnight ago and there was this tiny boy who was with his mother desperately trying to get his Nigerian passport.
Of northern origin (can't remember his name) he said he was going to Naija for the U17 camp. I'm not sure whether he was officially invited or whether it was a self-invite
He doesn't seem to be listed amongst the 'oyibo' invitees

Why are they acting like this? First of all, they are phasing out his sister from the falcons now they don't want to give him a chance. It's all good o
Who are you referring to?
If its the Omidijis then its not the kid I met. This one no get any oyibo blood
Plus Omidjidis is Dutch not English!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

niyi wrote:
mystic wrote:
niyi wrote:
That's news to me. Did you watch these games?

Didn't watch the games but followed the news reports.
He didn't play much and I can't remember him scoring or assisting any goals. Still not sure why you believe he lived up to the hype
I don't think he was a regular at the U15. I think he was on the bench
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Or the 2013 U17s?

Who are you Stevie wonder Dafunk ??? You don't see a difference in the faces and body frame of the players in the different group of pictures.... I guess people see what they want to see.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Any pics for the 2019 team?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

These guys are between 17-22. Not bad at all.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote:

Or the 2013 U17s?

Theyve been getting younger from 2013. I hear the 2017 was actually very young.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

chief nfachairman wrote:
I doubt very much there is a 22 year old in this group..if indeed they MRI-ed them. MRI is pretty accurate...a 22 year old is far out of the range of what could pass...An 18 year old, maybe 19 could pass...but not 22. Also there is a 15 year in the group...The kid from Chelsea.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Guys like you really deserve to be sued for making such accusations with absolutely no proof.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST