MY DAD DEPARTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: MY DAD DEPARTS

Post by Tobi17 »

My deepest condolences boss, your dad is surely in a better place now.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Obong wrote:Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
May his soul rest in peace. I pray that you and your family be consoled and comforted at this time of need by the almighty God. Be encouraged my brother.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
My heartfelt condolences to your entire family, Obong.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

"Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong"

if not the only one you might be one of few forumers that use their actual name on their avatar and that for me speaks volume of what your Dad imprinted on planet earth hence he remains.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Obong, please accept my condolences. Thanks for the btfl tribute to your father. May his soul RIP.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

My condolences bro. May he rest in peace
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing with us what a great person he was. May the good Lord bless his soul and provide him a peaceful rest
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

My condolences Obong
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

My condolences Obong. May he rest in peace
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

May he RIP
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

My condolences Obong. May your beloved father rest in perfect peace.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

RIP Father Obong. Ete mfon :sad:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RIP to your selfless Dad. My condolences to you and your family. May the good Lord grant you and your family the fortitude to bear your loss.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Obong,
Just seeing this.
My condolences.
Peter Obi For President 2023
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

nice tribute to you dad.

My condolences to you and your entire family.

Stay strong
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

May the Lord comfort and strengthen you and your family during this difficult time....It is well bro
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

My deep appreciation goes to you all. Your invaluable words of encouragement and exhortation are priceless. I'll print out this thread and show it to my dear Mother. She will be overwhelmed by the total support. We will be having a Special Memorial and celebration in his honor on May 31, 2019 in Dallas Texas. The burial ceremonies are set for June 14 and 15 in Akwa Ibom. Any Cybereagle able to attend should PM me for details. I salute!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

RIP
Goldenera94
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Accept my support in celebrating the life of your father, You've shown the apple does not fall far from the tree by inviting others to partake in the deliverables. May he rest in power.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

My sincere condolences bro..please take heart...May the Greatest comforter of all, God Almighty Himself, comfort you
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)