MY DAD DEPARTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MY DAD DEPARTS

Post by bamenda boy »

Accept my heart felt condolences, bro.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Obong,

Please accept my deepest condolences. May your Dad's soul rest in the perfect peace of Christ.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Obong wrote:Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
Pele, no matter how old they are it still hurts. Since the start of the year three different friends have lost a mother or father (one this past Sunday), and two different cousins lost their dads. It's like every month I know of someone who loses a parent.

Our parent's generation is almost completely gone and soon it'll be us.

May all their souls RIP.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong,

May His Soul Rest in Peace. My condolences.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

May he be at peace in the Lord's Kingdom. My sincere condolences to you and your love ones.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

R.I.P
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Rip. U n family take heart. God conforts u. Stay strong, brethren
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Accept my heartfelt condolences. Sounds like his legacy will live long after him.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My condolences. Stay strong.

May he rest in peace.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

May his soul rest in peace
Last edited by asabatex on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Accept my deepest condolences.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

May he Rest In Peace and may you all be blessed with the strength to bear his loss.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Deepest condolences bro...
May his soul rest in peace!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Brother Obong take heart,God is in control.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

My condolences bro. May he rest in peace.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Obong owo sorry for your loss, Ete mfo aba ye abasi...RIP
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Obong wrote:Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
May the Good Lord grant you and your family comfort and may your Dad rest in peace.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Obong: Stay strong. May your dad's soul RIP.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Heartfelt message. May he rest in peace
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

May he rest in perfect peace
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

My condolence bro. Sorry about your loss
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

May his soul rest in peace. As I get older, I am beginning to treasure the times I spend with my father.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

My condolences. May he rest in peace.