MY DAD DEPARTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
MY DAD DEPARTS

Post by Obong »

Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MY DAD DEPARTS

Post by balo »

Sorry for your loss, Obong. May he RIP.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

May he rest in peace.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

A life well spent.
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
From your conduct here on CE, you are the true son of your father.
Accept my condolences.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

RIP to Senior Obong.

Glad you are proud of his legacy and the impact he had on your life and in the lives of several others .

Praying for your family at this time for grace and strength.

Even though there is a lot to celebrate about his life from what you wrote, separation from loved ones is still painful.

Condolences, & do your best to continue to make him proud.
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

RIP. What a selfless man! My condolences to you and your family
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

My sincere condolence. May his soul rest in peace and strength to the loved ones he left behind.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Sorry..May your dad soul Rest in Peace..
afc##
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

May he RIP, I sense your loss through your words. May the Lord grant you the fortitude to bear this very sad loss.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

My condolences to you and your family. May he Rest in Peace.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

touching tribute to your dad, RIP Papa Obong.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

My condolences to you and your family, Obong.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

RIP to your dad.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

My condolences to you and your family.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Revelation 14:13

And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."
Isaiah 57:1

The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands For the righteous man is taken away from evil,
My Condolences Obong. May his soul Rest In Peace
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Obong wrote:Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
Obong,

My condolences to you and your family.

RIP
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Obong Itatex. May he RIP!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Obong take heart. May your father's soul rest in peace.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

May his soul RIP. They don't make men like him anymore. God will comfort your family.
I am happy
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Obong, please take heart. May Obong Sr rest in perfect peace.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Obong my brother take heart. May his soul rest in perfect peace. May God comfort your family
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

May he Rest In Peace. I pray that God gives you and your family strength at this trying time.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Deepest condolences, brother.
May his soul Rest in Peace, Amen.