Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
Maceo I’m saying you cannot sack him for “not winning” ANC. You have to analyze the entire team, performance and results but don’t be arrogant/entitled by saying it’s either “Win Anc” or termination Expecially as Nigeria had failed to qualify for 2 previous ANC, currently ranked 3rd and tournament is hosted away. No matter who’s the coach, you must follow “due process” “time” “patience”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38239
Location: Land of the Terrapins
john12 wrote:
Maceo I’m saying you cannot sack him for “not winning” ANC. You have to analyze the entire team, performance and results but don’t be arrogant/entitled by saying it’s either “Win Anc” or termination Expecially as Nigeria had failed to qualify for 2 previous ANC, currently ranked 3rd and tournament is hosted away. No matter who’s the coach, you must follow “due process” “time” “patience”


Got you, so if he doesn't make it out of the group stages again you would support firing him?

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13864
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:
These crooks keep saying “the man has received unprecedented support” because you don’t hear him complaining. Let me put it this way, prior to 2019 Wc ROhR was owed 7 months salary in arrears but he never complained. He kept on working and doing his job even without any noise and you guys have the nerve to say he is being supported. I am pretty sure that the man is currently being owed in arrears but because his not saying anything, you think all is well. Also, it’s not being or having inferiority complex but it’s being Logical. In order to achieve, you must follow “due process” you must work hard, have patience, persevere like everyone else



KPOM.

This stupid "unprecedented support" is just a way for the "local coach" brigade to excuse the piss poor results and failures of our recent home grown coaches.

Stop with these stupid excuses. No matter what the NFF does, Nigeria should not be losing to fake Congo at home or Sudan. PERIOD.

Did Cameroon just not win the past ANC with their entire camp in disaray, with them threatening to boycott etc.

So please I dont want to hear these stupid excuses.

Keshi and Oliseh were abject failures.

I wont blame SSS because he was put into a hard place, but he didn't help matters by starting players like Aminu Umar in a do or die match.


People are delusional calling Rohr a poor coach, when his record speaks for itself.

FACT. No other SE coach has ever dominated the African terrain as well as Rohr. That is just a fact.


But you are only talking about qualification here, once he gets to the real tourney he fails woefully. So we have to wait till after this ANC to really judge him. But the likes of john12 are saying you can't judge him regardless of how the ANC goes which to me is ridiculous.


Yes this is Rohr's real test.

So far we have 2 CAF qualifications for WC and ANC, and he past those with flying colours and ease. The only blip was the loss to S Africa, but we still qualified with a game in hand, and if it wasn't for piss poor refereeing we would have beaten S Africa 3-1 away and without Mikel. In fact the entire ANC qualifying was done without Mikel.

The World cup just like John12 continues to highlight, we were in the group of death. EASILY. We were the lowest ranked side and we beat Iceland. Anybody who thinks a coach should be fired because they lost to 2 of the best teams in the world. Teams that are clearly better than us, that is just crazy.

So we will see how Rohr does in this tournament. I think it is crazy to think that we can just show up and win this tournament, as if it is our right when there are a few teams that are on our level.

We are certainly one of the top teams and I would hope that at least we get to the Semis, but with this 24 team tournament and the draw, it is possible we could play one of the top teams even in the 2nd Round.

It is possible even if we top our group that we can meet a Morocco, Egypt, Senegal, CIV in the 2nd Round. So if we lose to one of these teams in the 2nd Round, and they go on to win the ANC or get second. Do we fire Rohr ?

All in the name of a 2nd round exit ?

People need to stop using emotions and use their heads. I am enjoying the stability of this SE, and knowing that something very close to our best 23 players will be called up at all times.

I shudder to think of the total corruption of the Keshi era, where he used the SE as his personal marketing tool to try and sell homebased junks. That was honestly the lowest point for me in the history of my following SE.

Oliseh proved also to not be much different, thinking he could discard Mikel for some junk who has now ended up in Finland.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38239
Location: Land of the Terrapins
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:
These crooks keep saying “the man has received unprecedented support” because you don’t hear him complaining. Let me put it this way, prior to 2019 Wc ROhR was owed 7 months salary in arrears but he never complained. He kept on working and doing his job even without any noise and you guys have the nerve to say he is being supported. I am pretty sure that the man is currently being owed in arrears but because his not saying anything, you think all is well. Also, it’s not being or having inferiority complex but it’s being Logical. In order to achieve, you must follow “due process” you must work hard, have patience, persevere like everyone else



KPOM.

This stupid "unprecedented support" is just a way for the "local coach" brigade to excuse the piss poor results and failures of our recent home grown coaches.

Stop with these stupid excuses. No matter what the NFF does, Nigeria should not be losing to fake Congo at home or Sudan. PERIOD.

Did Cameroon just not win the past ANC with their entire camp in disaray, with them threatening to boycott etc.

So please I dont want to hear these stupid excuses.

Keshi and Oliseh were abject failures.

I wont blame SSS because he was put into a hard place, but he didn't help matters by starting players like Aminu Umar in a do or die match.


People are delusional calling Rohr a poor coach, when his record speaks for itself.

FACT. No other SE coach has ever dominated the African terrain as well as Rohr. That is just a fact.


But you are only talking about qualification here, once he gets to the real tourney he fails woefully. So we have to wait till after this ANC to really judge him. But the likes of john12 are saying you can't judge him regardless of how the ANC goes which to me is ridiculous.


Yes this is Rohr's real test.

So far we have 2 CAF qualifications for WC and ANC, and he past those with flying colours and ease. The only blip was the loss to S Africa, but we still qualified with a game in hand, and if it wasn't for piss poor refereeing we would have beaten S Africa 3-1 away and without Mikel. In fact the entire ANC qualifying was done without Mikel.

The World cup just like John12 continues to highlight, we were in the group of death. EASILY. We were the lowest ranked side and we beat Iceland. Anybody who thinks a coach should be fired because they lost to 2 of the best teams in the world. Teams that are clearly better than us, that is just crazy.

So we will see how Rohr does in this tournament. I think it is crazy to think that we can just show up and win this tournament, as if it is our right when there are a few teams that are on our level.

We are certainly one of the top teams and I would hope that at least we get to the Semis, but with this 24 team tournament and the draw, it is possible we could play one of the top teams even in the 2nd Round.

It is possible even if we top our group that we can meet a Morocco, Egypt, Senegal, CIV in the 2nd Round. So if we lose to one of these teams in the 2nd Round, and they go on to win the ANC or get second. Do we fire Rohr ?

All in the name of a 2nd round exit ?

People need to stop using emotions and use their heads. I am enjoying the stability of this SE, and knowing that something very close to our best 23 players will be called up at all times.

I shudder to think of the total corruption of the Keshi era, where he used the SE as his personal marketing tool to try and sell homebased junks. That was honestly the lowest point for me in the history of my following SE.

Oliseh proved also to not be much different, thinking he could discard Mikel for some junk who has now ended up in Finland.


We are also in Pot 1, so Rohr can't use that excuse anymore. If we get spanked in the 2nd round by another Pot 1 team I don't see how his position should be tenable. We need to at least be competitive against other Pot 1 teams, not look hapless like we did vs Croatia.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39257
Location: UK
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:
Maceo I’m saying you cannot sack him for “not winning” ANC. You have to analyze the entire team, performance and results but don’t be arrogant/entitled by saying it’s either “Win Anc” or termination Expecially as Nigeria had failed to qualify for 2 previous ANC, currently ranked 3rd and tournament is hosted away. No matter who’s the coach, you must follow “due process” “time” “patience”


Got you, so if he doesn't make it out of the group stages again you would support firing him?
Then he won't have a case, simple.
Some of you like to attribute absolutely absurd positions to your opponents and then proceed to argue against them. I'm wondering who suggested he should remain in post no matter what - like the outcome you just posted.

It has been stated ad nauseum that you can't sack a coach for failing to win a tournament.
That does not mean he should go there and now get eliminated from the group stage of AFCON with Guinea, Madagascar, and Burundi as opponents.
They are not Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.

A SF place sounds about right for a minimum goal.
Anything less, the case can be made. The earlier the easier.

Some of una sabi construct strawman sha... :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38239
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:
Maceo I’m saying you cannot sack him for “not winning” ANC. You have to analyze the entire team, performance and results but don’t be arrogant/entitled by saying it’s either “Win Anc” or termination Expecially as Nigeria had failed to qualify for 2 previous ANC, currently ranked 3rd and tournament is hosted away. No matter who’s the coach, you must follow “due process” “time” “patience”


Got you, so if he doesn't make it out of the group stages again you would support firing him?
Then he won't have a case, simple.
Some of you like to attribute absolutely absurd positions to your opponents and then proceed to argue against them. I'm wondering who suggested he should remain in post no matter what - like the outcome you just posted.

It has been stated ad nauseum that you can't sack a coach for failing to win a tournament.
That does not mean he should go there and now get eliminated from the group stage of AFCON with Guinea, Madagascar, and Burundi as opponents.
They are not Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.

A SF place sounds about right for a minimum goal.
Anything less, the case can be made. The earlier the easier.

Some of una sabi construct strawman sha... :rotf:


I’m specifically asking John though, he’s never given a situation/scenario where Rohrs firing can be discussed and as you saw he didn’t answer my question. I asked that for a specific reason...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39257
Location: UK
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:
Maceo I’m saying you cannot sack him for “not winning” ANC. You have to analyze the entire team, performance and results but don’t be arrogant/entitled by saying it’s either “Win Anc” or termination Expecially as Nigeria had failed to qualify for 2 previous ANC, currently ranked 3rd and tournament is hosted away. No matter who’s the coach, you must follow “due process” “time” “patience”


Got you, so if he doesn't make it out of the group stages again you would support firing him?
Then he won't have a case, simple.
Some of you like to attribute absolutely absurd positions to your opponents and then proceed to argue against them. I'm wondering who suggested he should remain in post no matter what - like the outcome you just posted.

It has been stated ad nauseum that you can't sack a coach for failing to win a tournament.
That does not mean he should go there and now get eliminated from the group stage of AFCON with Guinea, Madagascar, and Burundi as opponents.
They are not Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.

A SF place sounds about right for a minimum goal.
Anything less, the case can be made. The earlier the easier.

Some of una sabi construct strawman sha... :rotf:


I’m specifically asking John though, he’s never given a situation/scenario where Rohrs firing can be discussed and as you saw he didn’t answer my question. I asked that for a specific reason...
OK.
John, over to you...

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29478
1naija wrote:
On the contrary contrary ( :thumbs: to 1naija for counter contrarying Gotti), if he wins the ANC, there will be many teams ready to high him to take them to the WC.

If the decision to replace was to be based solely on performance and results, we would not even be entertaining this discussion. Check the Statistics like big shaq says.

I said “should be” and thus far it apparently is...

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29478
john12 wrote:
Maceo I’m saying you cannot sack him for “not winning” ANC. You have to analyze the entire team, performance and results but don’t be arrogant/entitled by saying it’s either “Win Anc” or termination Expecially as Nigeria had failed to qualify for 2 previous ANC, currently ranked 3rd and tournament is hosted away. No matter who’s the coach, you must follow “due process” “time” “patience”

It’s sad when people think that the thought of Nigeria winning AFCON is “arrogant”... SMH :oops:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
The thoughts of super eagles winning ANC isn’t arrogant. (Anyone can win it) However, the thought of saying it’s either SE win “ANC” or “Terminate rohr” is very arrogant, disrespectful and ignorant especially as Nigeria has failed to qualify for the past 2 nations cup. No matter who the coach is, you must follow “due process” in order to achieve anything meaningful. There’s a reason why doctors, lawyers, Attorneys, nurse practitioners, have to graduate undergrad (4 years) take lsat,mcat, medical or law school pass the bar, step 1,2,3 before being called a doctor, lawyer. No matter who SE coach is, you must follow due process and it’s better to use a coach that has made progress from the past


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29478
Cellular wrote:
john12 wrote:
These crooks keep saying “the man has received unprecedented support” because you don’t hear him complaining. Let me put it this way, prior to 2019 Wc ROhR was owed 7 months salary in arrears but he never complained. He kept on working and doing his job even without any noise and you guys have the nerve to say he is being supported. I am pretty sure that the man is currently being owed in arrears but because his not saying anything, you think all is well. Also, it’s not being or having inferiority complex but it’s being Logical. In order to achieve, you must follow “due process” you must work hard, have patience, persevere like everyone else


:lol: :lol: compared to his contemporaries, he has received support.

Rohr was owed salaries (I believe 3-4 months) before ALL arrears were cleared as well as bonuses paid prior to the WC. His salary was being paid by AITEO. Contrast that with players owed and coaches owed and their hotel/lodging wasn't paid for... NFF praying and hoping that the team gets bounced in the Semis abi na quarters because they ran out of funds to pay for the hotel. Even after the won the AFCON, players refused to board the plane to play the confederations cup because both them and the coaches were owed. This same NFF had an open power struggle with the coaching crew simply because they asked that close to a year of compensation owed them be paid. The beef escalated at the WC proper... the issue of the FIFA world cup grant, the Sports Ministry World Cup funds and the Special Presidency Intervention (flying cash to Brazil)... for a "mere" player/footballer challenging the thieving NFF folks, he and his coaching crew had to go. The NFF led by Pinnick actually sabotaged the second AFCON qualification process that Keshi was in charge of because the coaching crew was seen to be aligned with their "enemies". And they used it as a pretext to fire him. They knew they couldn't fire an AFCON winning coach so they had to contrive a reason to fire him... sabotage the qualification process to make easier to fire him.

He went on to hire the African Guardiola... knowing full well he had no tolerance for BS both as a player and as a coach. The outcome was pre-destined. He abandoned the team midway into qualifying with crucial games to be played... so, it was the NFF that should bear the blame.

The NFF righted the ship and hired a coach... but you all suddenly find it convenient to lower expectations for a coach who has had the luxury of an NFF the previous coaches never had.

What has changed?

Naijaria doesn't go to tournaments to gain experience or to tour stadiums. He should get it into his head. If he doesn't like it, let him QUIT. There are certain clubs/teams where the coach expects to be on the hot seat. And ours is one of those... this is no damn club med.

Acceptance of mediocrity should be for fans of teams with no ambition... they know themselves. Teams happy to win 4th place trophy but laugh at "Golden Bronzes".


:clap: :clap: :clap:

Some Nigerians have become the Children of a Lesser God since Rohr was hired. SMDH...

Never thought I would live to see the day in modern Nigerian football history (aka since Ghana last won the AFCON) that Nigerians would be content with going into an AFCON tournament with anything less than the thought/ambition of winning it all. I mean this is AFCON, not the freaking World Cup (and frankly we should now have been well past ambitions for the former and seriously working towards the latter).

Even VE who was vigorously campaigning for the dismissal of Shiabu Amodu when he batted an unblemished 100% in AFCON qualifiers with 6 wins in 6 games while conceding only 1 goal (an own goal nonetheless) is now using African qualifiers as the Gold Standard. The same VE who was vehemently calling for Stephen Keshi’s head while Keshi was WINNING the 2013 AFCON, and who had campaigned for Keshi to be canned when we fail to win the AFCON (as he had prayed for and fully expected Keshi’s SE to be beaten by CIV) now believes that not winning the AFCON should not necessarily be regarded negatively. But given this is a dude who is categorizing Keshi as an “abject failure” despite winning the AFCON and getting Nigeria into the WC round of 16, while willing to consider Rohr as successful though he failed to get Nigeria out of the WC group stages and even if he additionally fails to win the AFCON, so perhaps rationality is not exactly the strongest suit here.

For the record and any avoidance of doubt, I am personally not joining in the campaign for Rohr’s dismissal, but will most definitely evaluate/re-evaluate his position post-AFCON! The only irritant is the double- and triple-standards, and the multiple somersaults in logic by some in the pro-Rohr camp.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
I think one of Nigeria problems is not following “due process” were so used to disorganization, corruption etc that it’s embedded in our behavior. You can tell because this behavior also affects our political/social life


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
At this point? People are not reading to understand, they just want to argue. First of all, no one is saying we shouldn’t aspire to win Nations Cup or we cannot win nations cup. We’re simply saying that crooks mandating the coach to win nations cup or termination is quite arrogant and disrespectful expecially as Nigeria has missed back to back ANC. Please, stop misquoting eoole


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29478
john12 wrote:
The thoughts of super eagles winning ANC isn’t arrogant. (Anyone can win it) However, the thought of saying it’s either SE win “ANC” or “Terminate rohr” is very arrogant, disrespectful and ignorant especially as Nigeria has failed to qualify for the past 2 nations cup. No matter who the coach is, you must follow “due process” in order to achieve anything meaningful. There’s a reason why doctors, lawyers, Attorneys, nurse practitioners, have to graduate undergrad (4 years) take lsat,mcat, medical or law school pass the bar, step 1,2,3 before being called a doctor, lawyer. No matter who SE coach is, you must follow due process and it’s better to use a coach that has made progress from the past

Huh? What does this have to do with anything?! :blink:

If the discussion is about whether one has to first have a certain level of coaching license before becoming SE coach, then your analogy begins to make sense (not least because it will thankfully preclude the likes of Ohenhen1, BigPokey or VE...LOL!). Otherwise, when Keshi won the AFCON, abegi what “due process” did a Nigeria follow?

Winning the AFCON should frankly be the MINIMUM objective (and/or expectation) of the NFF and Nigerians in general. If however we fail to win the AFCON, that should not IMHO necessarily result in the automatic dismissal of the coach, but should nonetheless call for an earnest review. Of course, any SE coach that, going into the AFCON, says he does not expect us to win the trophy (and that is NOT what Rohr has said, which is why I have been cutting him some slack) should be FIRED! Post haste!!

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
Bro, it has to do with everything because In order to achieve big and start mandating coaches, you must follow due process, time, patience and persevere. You can’t just tell him to win ANC in his FIRST attempt or be TERMINATED. That’s very lame and stupid!


Last edited by john12 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29478
john12 wrote:
Bro, it has to do with everything because I’m order to achieve big and start mandating coaches, you must follow due process, time, patience and persevere. You can’t just tell him to win ANC in his FIRST attempt or be TERMINATED. That’s very lame and stupid!

Dude, there’s NOTHING like “due process” in winning titles...
Some will win it first time, others will not in their entire career.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
Absolutely you’re right. The “due process” applies to sacking a coach for not winning on the 1st try


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39257
Location: UK
Gotti wrote:

Some Nigerians have become the Children of a Lesser God since Rohr was hired. SMDH...

Never thought I would live to see the day in modern Nigerian football history (aka since Ghana last won the AFCON) that Nigerians would be content with going into an AFCON tournament with anything less than the thought/ambition of winning it all. I mean this is AFCON, not the freaking World Cup (and frankly we should now have been well past ambitions for the former and seriously working towards the latter).

Even VE who was vigorously campaigning for the dismissal of Shiabu Amodu when he batted an unblemished 100% in AFCON qualifiers with 6 wins in 6 games while conceding only 1 goal (an own goal nonetheless) is now using African qualifiers as the Gold Standard. The same VE who was vehemently calling for Stephen Keshi’s head while Keshi was WINNING the 2013 AFCON, and who had campaigned for Keshi to be canned when we fail to win the AFCON (as he had prayed for and fully expected Keshi’s SE to be beaten by CIV) now believes that not winning the AFCON should not necessarily be regarded negatively. But given this is a dude who is categorizing Keshi as an “abject failure” despite winning the AFCON and getting Nigeria into the WC round of 16, while willing to consider Rohr as successful though he failed to get Nigeria out of the WC group stages and even if he additionally fails to win the AFCON, so perhaps rationality is not exactly the strongest suit here.

For the record and any avoidance of doubt, I am personally not joining in the campaign for Rohr’s dismissal, but will most definitely evaluate/re-evaluate his position post-AFCON! The only irritant is the double- and triple-standards, and the multiple somersaults in logic by some in the pro-Rohr camp.
Gotti, you are distorting the argument.
I'm just not sure whether it is deliberate or a genuine misinterpretation of what is being said.

You are on the one hand broad-brushing the position that 'we' are "not thinking of winning the AFCON" and then you are picking and choosing those few that buttress your incredulity with their outlandish claims like the 'Keshi is an absolute failure' statement.

For the record, there are those of us (and we are the majority) that:
a) Are 'thinking' of winning AFCON and believe we can.
b) Respect the work that Keshi did, were against his dismissal but also recognise he wasn't perfect and had his flaws
c) Respect the work Rohr is doing, whilst recognising he has limitations and has indeed made errors of judgment, and
d) Understand that it is not imperative that he 'talks' up the team in public, and managing expectations is part of overall team management.

Its as if you do not recognise the significance of 'taking the pressure off' a young team, but we know you do. But your, lets just say... 'reservations' about Rohr no go gree una see his statements for what they really are.

VE is NOT a spokesperson or in any way representative of those that are in Rohr's corner and understand where he is coming from with his public statements.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15064
Damunk wrote:
Understand that it is not imperative that he 'talks' up the team in public, and managing expectations is part of overall team management.
Tell your Rohr to stop talking DOWN his team, biko!

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2678
There’s nothing wrong downing the team in public as long as his hyping them in private. I’m pretty sure rohr isn’t privately telling our boys that he is aspiring to learn.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39257
Location: UK
The YeyeMan wrote:
Tell your Rohr to stop talking DOWN his team, biko!
He is taking a cue from YOUR Kopp, his fellow German.
Remember?

Quote:
“City look like the best team in the world, that’s how it is,” said Klopp. “Barcelona struggled a little bit but still did the job. Juve look pretty impressive in Italy. With City, those are the three big Champions League favourites and you think, OK, City look a bit more stable than all of them.''
- Liverpool Manager Kopp, talking down his team's chances in the Champions League

Ahem!!!! :D
The Yeyeman wrote:
"the likes of Pep or Klopp don't play down their team's chances of winning a trophy in such a blunt manner".
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15064
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Tell your Rohr to stop talking DOWN his team, biko!
He is taking a cue from YOUR Kopp, his fellow German.
Remember?

Quote:
“City look like the best team in the world, that’s how it is,” said Klopp. “Barcelona struggled a little bit but still did the job. Juve look pretty impressive in Italy. With City, those are the three big Champions League favourites and you think, OK, City look a bit more stable than all of them.''
- Liverpool Manager Kopp, talking down his team's chances in the Champions League

Ahem!!!! :D
The Yeyeman wrote:
"the likes of Pep or Klopp don't play down their team's chances of winning a trophy in such a blunt manner".
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Shall I explain the difference between talking up other teams and talking down your own team? :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ROHR SPEAKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15064
john12 wrote:
There’s nothing wrong downing the team in public as long as his hyping them in private. I’m pretty sure rohr isn’t privately telling our boys that he is aspiring to learn.

You don't know what he's saying in private. For all we know he's telling the same thing in private. We can only go by what he says in public.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bret- hart and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group