Super Falcons Squad for Spain Friendlies - April 4 & April 8

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Super Falcons Squad for Spain Friendlies - April 4 & April 8

Post by Otitokoro »

Nice to see some new faces being scouted by Dennerby:

Toni Payne (Seville, Spain) gets her first call up to the SF, alongside Patricia George (Ex Univ. of Illinios left back) and Courtney Dike.
Glad to see Goalie Alaba Jonathan (2016 AWCON first choice keeper) reassert herself into the squad after a seemingly undeserved absence.
Sevilla Star Receives Maiden Nigeria Call-Up; Barcelona's Oshoala, Brighton's Umotong In Squad For Canada Friendly
Published: April 03, 2019

Sevilla Star Receives Maiden Nigeria Call-Up; Barcelona's Oshoala, Brighton's Umotong In Squad For Canada Friendly
The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday announced a 24-player squad list for the Super Eagles friendlies in Spain.

Barcelona star Asisat Oshoala is part of the group despite concerns over her fitness after she suffered a hamstring injury in a 2-0 win against Atletico Madrid on March 17.

One of the headline names on the roster is Sevilla striker Antionette Oyedupe Payne, who has received her maiden call-up to the Nigeria setup.

Born in Birmingham, United States, she was previously provisionally cap-tied to the Americans having represented the country at the 2012 U17 FIFA Women's World Cup and the CONCACAF Women's U17 tournament.

Brighton & Hove attacker Ini-Abasi Umotong has been included on the roster while Courtney Dike returns to the squad after she was snubbed for the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations.

The squad contains three goalkeepers, six defenders, five midfielders and ten players classed as strikers.

The African champions will take on Icelandic club UMF Selfoss on April 4 before facing the Canadians on April 8, with both games taking place in the city of Murcia.

Nigeria Squad

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi; Alaba Jonathan; Chiamaka Nnadozie

Defenders: Faith Michael; Onome Ebi; Osinachi Ohale; Josephine Chukwunonye; Ngozi Ebere; Patricia George

Midfielders: Ngozi Okobi; Rita Chikwelu; Halimatu Ayinde; Cecilia Nku; Ogonna Chukwudi

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala; Rasheedat Ajibade; Anam Imo; Chinaza Uchendu; Courtney Dike; Desire Oparanozie; Ini-Abasi Umotong; Alice Ogebe; Antionette Oyedupe Payne; Uchenna Kanu
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Falcons Squad for Spain Friendlies - April 4 & Apr

Post by mystic »

Glad to see Alaba Jonathan back in the mix.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Patricia George highlights
[/video]
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Alaba Jonathan was not the first choice in 2016. The team is not playing well under the foreign coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Otitokoro wrote:Nice to see some new faces being scouted by Dennerby:

Toni Payne (Seville, Spain) gets her first call up to the SF, alongside Patricia George (Ex Univ. of Illinios left back) and Courtney Dike.
Glad to see Goalie Alaba Jonathan (2016 AWCON first choice keeper) reassert herself into the squad after a seemingly undeserved absence.

The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday announced a 24-player squad list for the Super Eagles friendlies in Spain.

Barcelona star Asisat Oshoala is part of the group despite concerns over her fitness after she suffered a hamstring injury in a 2-0 win against Atletico Madrid on March 17.

One of the headline names on the roster is Sevilla striker Antionette Oyedupe Payne, who has received her maiden call-up to the Nigeria setup.

Born in Birmingham, United States, she was previously provisionally cap-tied to the Americans having represented the country at the 2012 U17 FIFA Women's World Cup and the CONCACAF Women's U17 tournament.

Brighton & Hove attacker Ini-Abasi Umotong has been included on the roster while Courtney Dike returns to the squad after she was snubbed for the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations.

The squad contains three goalkeepers, six defenders, five midfielders and ten players classed as strikers.

The African champions will take on Icelandic club UMF Selfoss on April 4 before facing the Canadians on April 8, with both games taking place in the city of Murcia.

Nigeria Squad

Defenders: Faith Michael; Onome Ebi; Osinachi Ohale; Josephine Chukwunonye; Ngozi Ebere; Patricia George

Midfielders: Ngozi Okobi; Rita Chikwelu; Halimatu Ayinde; Cecilia Nku; Ogonna Chukwudi

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala; Rasheedat Ajibade; Anam Imo; Chinaza Uchendu; Courtney Dike; Desire Oparanozie; Ini-Abasi Umotong; Alice Ogebe; Antionette Oyedupe Payne; Uchenna Kanu
Nice :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

We've already seen what Dike has to offer. She is trash. Wasted callup. Is she even playing active football?!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Cellular wrote:

Nigeria Squad

Nice :thumb:

Toni Payne is an excellent addition to the team.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Go through the match reports for each of Nigeria's 5 games played during the Championship and then tell us whose name always comes up first in the match squad for Nigeria, please.
This might help you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Afri ... ns#Group_A.
ohenhen1 wrote:Alaba Jonathan was not the first choice in 2016. The team is not playing well under the foreign coach.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That is wikipedia, please post another source

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My memory maybe be distorted but I dont remember an Alaba Jonathan. I remember Dede starting the final in 2014, the world cup 2015. And then some one named whyte starting the Afcon final in 2016. I didn't really watch all of the games. Maybe I missed the games that featured Alaba.

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

bushboy wrote:We've already seen what Dike has to offer. She is trash. Wasted callup. Is she even playing active football?!
The coach is useless.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

ohenhen1 wrote:My memory maybe be distorted but I dont remember an Alaba Jonathan. I remember Dede starting the final in 2014, the world cup 2015. And then some one named whyte starting the Afcon final in 2016. I didn't really watch all of the games. Maybe I missed the games that featured Alaba.
Yes you did.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Your laziness comes to fore...
Go back and Read the “match reports” - they are linked to the official CAF Match reports.
You obviously slept through that whole tournament, because Alaba kept every single minute of that tournament for Nigeria.
ohenhen1 wrote:That is wikipedia, please post another source
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

bushboy wrote:We've already seen what Dike has to offer. She is trash. Wasted callup. Is she even playing active football?!
She is not playing active football.
If the coach is going to do this, there are better yet still young players who have played in naija women's team but not choosing active football.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:My memory maybe be distorted but I dont remember an Alaba Jonathan. I remember Dede starting the final in 2014, the world cup 2015. And then some one named whyte starting the Afcon final in 2016. I didn't really watch all of the games. Maybe I missed the games that featured Alaba.
Alaba was 1st choice and started all games in the AWCON 2016. She was fantastic especially in the final. Saved a couple of one on ones.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

whatever happened to sophia; she has not been called up for a while
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Weren't they supposed to have played the first friendly yesterday, April 4th?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:Weren't they supposed to have played the first friendly yesterday, April 4th?

First one is today.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Adisboy wrote:
Alaba was 1st choice and started all games in the AWCON 2016. She was fantastic especially in the final. Saved a couple of one on ones.
If she was so fantastic why was she not called up for the 2018 edition? I am looking for the 2016 final video

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Don’t know about “scouting by Dennerby” but the NFF has been after Toni Payne forever...
Frankly doubtful that Dennerby would have known that either Payne or George were Nigerian.
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:If she was so fantastic why was she not called up for the 2018 edition? I am looking for the 2016 final video
Alaba was one of 5 GKs in the provisional AWCON 2018 squad, but was cut after the first round of camping...
And ultimately Tochukwu Oluehi’s heroics (including some PK saves) played a huge part in winning the AWCON.
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Wouldn’t go so far as to call her trash...
But she previously played under Dennerby (in the ill-fated shellacking by France) and was dropped thereafter.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL