Chukwueze Terrorized Valencia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chukwueze Terrorized Valencia

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Today's Europa Cup game v Valencia. Think we're gonna have to start calling this boy a WC player. World class! He was super again today but his team lost 3-1. Abeg, this boy is too good for U20 or U23. Too valuable to be playing African youth ball at this time. We're not gonna win the U20 WC with or without him, so why waste his time? Even if we do its a just a developmental tournament. He is too good for that.

[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze Terrorized Valencia

Post by okidoki »

Two things, I noticed today. First, people know him now, at times, they had one player close to him, with another on backup. So he's no longer an unknown quantity. Noticed this in the past few games as well. Secondly, he needs to work on his shooting, if he will fully embrace that Worldclass label.
Right now, I'm loving his decision making, but when he breaks free at times, his shooting lets him down.
I would say also, his getting back to help his full back needs work. As a coach like Rorh at this point will pick Simon Moses, and Kalu over him. Regardless of all these, the boy is a star.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I just like the fact that no matter what team he is facing, the guy is not intimidated. He got off at least six shots on goal in this match. Yes, his defending needs work, but that is within a team concept and is easier to teach than the offensive. He will come good.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Should have put away some of those chances.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:Should have put away some of those chances.

Shoulda,,coulda ...woulda. 19yrs old and he's one of the hottest talents and n the world. Give the boy time to grow.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

... but they lost.
Says it all
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Rawlings wrote:... but they lost.
Says it all
:rotf:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Today's Europa Cup game v Valencia. Think we're gonna have to start calling this boy a WC player. World class! He was super again today but his team lost 3-1. Abeg, this boy is too good for U20 or U23. Too valuable to be playing African youth ball at this time. We're not gonna win the U20 WC with or without him, so why waste his time? Even if we do its a just a developmental tournament. He is too good for that.

[/video]
He still needs tournament experience. It also helps with 'bonding'. He will also start to appreciate our 'jaga jaga' ways of doing things.

If he is FREE and healthy let him play!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ANC wrote:
Rawlings wrote:... but they lost.
Says it all
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He missed 3 chances. His team should have been ahead a long time ago. I am sorry but this boy is being overhyped. I won't start him for the SE, he has a lot of improving to do
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He did well.
As noted, he needs to work on his shooting.
But his overall game has come on sooooo much since the beginning of the season. He's bringing variation into his game.
I hope he goes to U20; he'll be the best player there.
And he belongs in our ANC squad at least, a possible starter depending on how Herr Rohr lines things up.
But he's certainly the most exciting prospect we have right now.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

With the result, one wonders who is the terrorist and who got terrorized?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:He missed 3 chances. His team should have been ahead a long time ago. I am sorry but this boy is being overhyped. I won't start him for the SE, he has a lot of improving to do
Olodo, the goalie made 2 excellent saves, nothing he could’ve done better.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Do you think the boy is a machine? You want him to play at wyc then return to play again 1 months later at ANC. When he experience burn out and flip, you will be the first to suggest we discard him. He should only go to 1
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Dude is on fire. Scores again.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:With the result, one wonders who is the terrorist and who got terrorized?
I saw the game and while I am not going to comment on the game as a whole, I can assure you that the result doesnt tell the story at all.

Game was 1-1, Villareal had a chance to make it 2-1 and missed. Valencia "ogboju" them and scored! 1-2! Villareal, playing at home, an being inexperienced in knockout tournaments, decided to IMMEDIATELY angrily attack! Valencia, sitting deep, got the ball and hit them on a counter and scored! 1-3!

The second and third goals were within 2 minutes or less, I think. They pretty much hit them on counter, when Villareal was trying to score because they were at home and this is a derby-- they didnt want to lose a derby.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

OCCUPY NFF!!
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Dude is on fire. Scores again.
link?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Thunder fire Rohr if Chukwueze is not on the SE list to nations cup
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

9jaMan wrote:

Thunder fire Rohr if Chukwueze is not on the SE list to nations cup
But why would the NFF let him go to the U20 World Cup?Everyone knows the NFF gets involved in team selection so why would they take a backseat when it benefits their chances in this years premier competition the AFCON?
There's no way Rohr would think Chukueze isn't ready especially now that Kalu seems to be miss due to injury (Kalu wasn't even on the bench against St Ettienne today 17/4/19)!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This young boy is dragging a La Liga team away from relegation. That's a level of maturity players of his age don't have. If he can do that in Spain, he's ready for the SE.
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Shoulda,,coulda ...woulda. 19yrs old and he's one of the hottest talents and n the world. Give the boy time to grow.
:oops: SMH!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

:oops: SMH!
What’s oops about that comment? Does telling the truth that he should have put away at least one of the three chances prevent him from growing? You guys are always anti-truth, but I’m a keep dishing the harsh truth. I’m sure even his coach encouraged him to take his chances and might have even given him more finishing practice, that is how a player grows by recognizing the truth and working on it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!