Senegal Confirms Nigeria Friendly..... [UPDATE]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Senegal Confirms Nigeria Friendly..... [UPDATE]

Post by Enugu II »

Rohr Reveals Super Eagles Will Face Ghana, Senegal In Friendlies Ahead of AFCON; To Camp In Egypt
Published: April 12, 2019
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31755

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr Friday evening has disclosed that the Eagles will face Ghana's Black Stars and the Teranga Lions of Senegal in two top flight friendlies before the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Rohr spoke to SuperSport's Nigerian journalist, Chisom Mbonu Ezeoke moments after the draw ceremony in Cairo which saw Nigeria pooled along Guinea, Madagascar and Burundi in Group B.

"First the (Nigeria) players have to finish the season well and to be careful not to have injuries. And also to recover very well after a long season because it's not easy to play this AFCON in the summer with the hot weather.

"We are confident but it will not be easy. All the teams are strong. Burundi had the second highest goal scorer in the qualifiers behind Odion Ighalo.

"But we can be confident because we'll have good preparations and friendlies, one normally against Ghana in Nigeria and the second one I think against Senegal here in Egypt," Rohr noted..

The tournament which is the first to feature 24 teams will hold in six venues between June 21 and July 19.

Izuchukwu Okosi
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR: SE to face Ghana/Senegal in Friendlies.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Playing Ghana is a waste of time and energy,We're better off playing Lobi stars instead.
OCCUPY NFF!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

To high tension friendlies against regional rivals sure to bring their A game.
This is excellent! Me Likes!!!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

charlie wrote:To high tension friendlies against regional rivals sure to bring their A game.
Pray there are no injuries as both teams are rough.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Playing Ghana is a waste of time and energy,We're better off playing Lobi stars instead.
Una dey fia?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Playing these two will be like playing a competitive game for the fans and the players this will be a real heated warm up!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

charlie wrote:To high tension friendlies against regional rivals sure to bring their A game.
Who are the regional rivals? Please don't confuse the SE with the Super Falcons. Ghana regional rivals are Togo and the other kwe kwe teams in the region.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have to beat them silly. Rare occasion when a friendly is not a friendly
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Waste of time playing Ghana..... We are better off playing India who Kenya that beat Ghana!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

i think it is too late to play any friendlies with any team we might meet in afcon
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Senegal Teranga Lions confirm friendly with Nigeria Super Eagles
by Soka25east.com
April 16, 2019
http://www.soka25east.com/senegal-teran ... er-eagles/

Senegalese Football Association president, Augustin Senghor has confirmed that the Terangha Lions will face three-time African champions, the Super Eagles of Nigeria in a friendly game ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr revealed last Friday after the draw for the competition that his side will play two pre-tournament friendlies against Ghana and Senegal.

“We have two friendlies against Ghana and Senegal, “Rohr stated.

“Ghana in Nigeria and Senegal probably one week before the tournament here in Egypt.”

“It would be a great showpiece of football, but it is important for our players to avoid injuries as the season heads towards the end.”

According to a report in Afrik-foot. com Senghor and president of Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Melvin Pinnick met after the draw to discuss modalities concerning the friendly fixture and the former is keen for the game to go ahead.

Head coach of the Terangha Lions Aliou Cisse and Rohr were also present at the meeting .

The two coaches are expected to meet later to decide on the venue game and other important details.The Super Eagles will face Guinea, Madagascar and Burundi in Group B.

Former champions, the Desert Foxes of Algeria, Tanzania and Kenya are Senegal’s opponent in Group C.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Senegal Confirms Nigeria Friendly..... [UPDATE]

Post by olu »

I remember our final friendly before the 94 AFCON was against Ghana. Game ended 0-0.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Super Eagles, Black Stars Pre- AFCON 2019 Friendly May Not Hold

https://www.completesports.com/revealed ... ack-stars/
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Super Eagles, Black Stars Pre- AFCON 2019 Friendly May Not Hold

https://www.completesports.com/revealed ... ack-stars/
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Probably somewhere in London I presume?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Probably somewhere in London I presume?
Hope not be be in Egypt, or north America since ANC will there
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kajifu wrote:
wiseone wrote:Probably somewhere in London I presume?
Hope not be be in Egypt, or north America since ANC will there
I heard that the game was going to be played in Egypt before so why the confusion?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI