Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:51 am 

I just stumbled upon this video on YouTube and it was well worth it... https://youtu.be/zshMNvLq5IQ (someone help me embed it into full video frame)

Can Nigeria ever produce such a magical enigma ever again?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:21 am 

Tobi17 wrote:
I just stumbled upon this video on YouTube and it was well worth it... https://youtu.be/zshMNvLq5IQ (someone help me embed it into full video frame)

:lol: objective of a soccer game is to get the ball inside the opponents goal...not to self-dribble.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:19 am 

AFCON matches have had empty stadiums for decades. Damn!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:32 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:00 am 

oyek wrote:

:thumbs: The best Nigerian player ever. He had an assist, created goal scoring opportunities, took shots at goal, dribbled his way out of trouble, and created pre assist opportunities against the then scary defending champions Ivory Coast. Okocha baller :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:09 pm 

ANC wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

:lol: objective of a soccer game is to get the ball inside the opponents goal...not to self-dribble.

You are an epitome of the average Nigerian who thinks he’s very clever but is, in reality, incredibly stupid :!:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:15 pm 

ANC wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Did you watch the Video???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:38 pm 

gochino wrote:
ANC wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

yes, i watched the clip.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:42 pm 

9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:

:thumbs: The best Nigerian player ever. He had an assist, created goal scoring opportunities, took shots at goal, dribbled his way out of trouble, and created pre assist opportunities against the then scary defending champions Ivory Coast. Okocha baller :thumbs:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

see how many chances he created. Tomorrow some loud mouths go open dia durrty mouf for dis forum :curse:

Again, una see chances wey Yekini chop for dis game? Microcosm of the guy that a lot of una forget about when you canonize him.

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:43 pm 

gochino wrote:
ANC wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not everyone with eye can see

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:

see how many chances he created. Tomorrow some loud mouths go open dia durrty mouf for dis forum :curse:

Again, una see chances wey Yekini chop for dis game? Microcosm of the guy that a lot of una forget about when you canonize him.

you should see the chances Yekini missed vs Italy ,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:14 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
gochino wrote:
ANC wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not everyone with eye can see

not a every fan understands the game. Give me a Finidi any day over the bird-killer,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:16 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:

you need glasses. he created zero chances. his team mates made something out of his useless dribbling.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:35 pm 

ANC wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:

you need glasses. he created zero chances. his team mates made something out of his useless dribbling.

Who created the assist for Ben Irohas goal?
Who passed the ball to Finidi for his 1v1?

You wan make i continue? :taunt:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:56 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
ANC wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:

Who created the assist for Ben Irohas goal?
Who passed the ball to Finidi for his 1v1?

You wan make i continue? :taunt:

Wow! Strange. So you didn't see the assists or are you just trying to be funny??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 pm 

Dont mind JJ haters, his brilliance on the pitch has blinded all of them

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 pm 

The credit I would give Okocha is that he is able to relieve pressure on defense because he is able to hold on to the ball doing the ”autologous” dance but outside of that, his game reading and offensive effect is zero. He matured towards the later of his career stage; by minimizing his “autologous” dance. And no I did not see his direct assist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:06 pm 

Correction I just saw the assist, blame my eyes and the video but I have seen better from Amokachi to Ikpeba and at the World Cup.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:11 pm 

So how did he manage to read the game for that world class pass??... I think I would blame your eyes!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 pm 

I was in the stadium in Tunis that day. The atmosphere was electric among the rival fans, the football was great, and even nature got in the act -it rained at the beginning of the match and the sun took over by mid-half. Okocha was just terrific.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 pm 

If okocha did more or such passing and less of the self-dribbling then we would be having a different discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:03 am 

Okocha and Ronaldinho were ball jugglers/entertainers playing professionally. There is a reason both on the loaded PSG team didn't win much. Adepoju was less skillful but I will take his workmanlike midfield play over Okocha. I pray I never see a midfield of Okocha and Kanu (later Kanu) ever again, its a midfield with no one there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:13 am 

oscar52 wrote:
Okocha and Ronaldinho were ball jugglers/entertainers playing professionally. There is a reason both on the loaded PSG team didn't win much. Adepoju was less skillful but I will take his workmanlike midfield play over Okocha. I pray I never see a midfield of Okocha and Kanu (later Kanu) ever again, its a midfield with no one there.

What did a "workmanline midfielder" like Mutiu achieve that Okocha didn't? based on your logic, the loaded 1974 dutch WC team would not be rated because they didn't win anything.