JJ vs Ivory Coast 1994 AFFON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JJ vs Ivory Coast 1994 AFFON

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

one of the greatest entertainers....ever! Him try well well.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let's watch the videos we post first before deceiving people. If anything, this is a good to show why Nigeria should NEVER field a player like JJ again.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good grief. :shock: That was utter unadulterated abuse of the IVC players. The man simply had no respect for his opponents. Some of the things he did were simply outrageous. One of the worst things Abacha did to Nigerian sport was not allowing Okocha and this generation of Nigerian footballers to play at the 1996 and 1998 AFCONs. I wonder what other things Okocha would have added to his highlight reel (and how many more trophies Nigeria would have won) had they been allowed to play.

It also struck me that he seemed to be playing "leftish" (not as a traditional CM). If somehow Ndidi and Mikel had been born in the same generation as Oliseh and Okocha...my goodness Nigeria would have had one of the best midfields in the world. Oliseh could sit deep doing his regista thing, with Ndidi charging around as the ball winner. With those two "safety blankets" behind him, Okocha could have been given the freedom of the park to roam around and abuse opposing players all over the pitch.