JJ vs Ivory Coast 1994 AFFON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
JJ vs Ivory Coast 1994 AFFON

Post by Tobi17 »

I just stumbled upon this video on YouTube and it was well worth it... (someone help me embed it into full video frame)

Can Nigeria ever produce such a magical enigma ever again?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JJ vs Ivory Coast 1994 AFFON

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:I just stumbled upon this video on YouTube and it was well worth it... (someone help me embed it into full video frame)

:lol: objective of a soccer game is to get the ball inside the opponents goal...not to self-dribble.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

AFCON matches have had empty stadiums for decades. Damn!
OCCUPY NFF!!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

[/video]
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

oyek wrote:[/video]

:thumbs: The best Nigerian player ever. He had an assist, created goal scoring opportunities, took shots at goal, dribbled his way out of trouble, and created pre assist opportunities against the then scary defending champions Ivory Coast. Okocha baller :thumbs:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I just stumbled upon this video on YouTube and it was well worth it... (someone help me embed it into full video frame)

:lol: objective of a soccer game is to get the ball inside the opponents goal...not to self-dribble.
You are an epitome of the average Nigerian who thinks he’s very clever but is, in reality, incredibly stupid :!:

Cheers.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

ANC wrote:

Did you watch the Video???
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

gochino wrote:
ANC wrote:

yes, i watched the clip.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

9jaMan wrote:

:thumbs: The best Nigerian player ever. He had an assist, created goal scoring opportunities, took shots at goal, dribbled his way out of trouble, and created pre assist opportunities against the then scary defending champions Ivory Coast. Okocha baller :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

see how many chances he created. Tomorrow some loud mouths go open dia durrty mouf for dis forum :curse:

Again, una see chances wey Yekini chop for dis game? Microcosm of the guy that a lot of una forget about when you canonize him.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

gochino wrote:
ANC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not everyone with eye can see
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

see how many chances he created. Tomorrow some loud mouths go open dia durrty mouf for dis forum :curse:

Again, una see chances wey Yekini chop for dis game? Microcosm of the guy that a lot of una forget about when you canonize him.
you should see the chances Yekini missed vs Italy ,

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

metalalloy wrote:
gochino wrote:
ANC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not everyone with eye can see

not a every fan understands the game. Give me a Finidi any day over the bird-killer,
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

you need glasses. he created zero chances. his team mates made something out of his useless dribbling.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ANC wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

you need glasses. he created zero chances. his team mates made something out of his useless dribbling.
Who created the assist for Ben Irohas goal?
Who passed the ball to Finidi for his 1v1?

You wan make i continue? :taunt:

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

metalalloy wrote:
ANC wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Who created the assist for Ben Irohas goal?
Who passed the ball to Finidi for his 1v1?

You wan make i continue? :taunt:
Wow! Strange. So you didn't see the assists or are you just trying to be funny??
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dont mind JJ haters, his brilliance on the pitch has blinded all of them

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The credit I would give Okocha is that he is able to relieve pressure on defense because he is able to hold on to the ball doing the ”autologous” dance but outside of that, his game reading and offensive effect is zero. He matured towards the later of his career stage; by minimizing his “autologous” dance. And no I did not see his direct assist.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Correction I just saw the assist, blame my eyes and the video but I have seen better from Amokachi to Ikpeba and at the World Cup.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

So how did he manage to read the game for that world class pass??... I think I would blame your eyes!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I was in the stadium in Tunis that day. The atmosphere was electric among the rival fans, the football was great, and even nature got in the act -it rained at the beginning of the match and the sun took over by mid-half. Okocha was just terrific.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

If okocha did more or such passing and less of the self-dribbling then we would be having a different discussion.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Okocha and Ronaldinho were ball jugglers/entertainers playing professionally. There is a reason both on the loaded PSG team didn't win much. Adepoju was less skillful but I will take his workmanlike midfield play over Okocha. I pray I never see a midfield of Okocha and Kanu (later Kanu) ever again, its a midfield with no one there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oscar52 wrote:Okocha and Ronaldinho were ball jugglers/entertainers playing professionally. There is a reason both on the loaded PSG team didn't win much. Adepoju was less skillful but I will take his workmanlike midfield play over Okocha. I pray I never see a midfield of Okocha and Kanu (later Kanu) ever again, its a midfield with no one there.
What did a "workmanline midfielder" like Mutiu achieve that Okocha didn't? based on your logic, the loaded 1974 dutch WC team would not be rated because they didn't win anything.