U-17 AFCON NIGERIA 5 TANZANIA 4

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U-17 AFCON NIGERIA 5 TANZANIA 4

Post by Orion »

JACKAL wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Very good beginning for Nigeria. It is never easy beating a home team in an opener. Good thing that the squad is now settled as per MRI. Even though FIFA will conduct an MRI of ALL TEAMS at the U17 WC, those results will not be used to disqualify any of the players. Instead, they are used as part of ongoing studies. Moreover, FIFA does also understand that some players at the U17 WC time will be over the age of 17 years based on FIFA policy. Moreover, I believe there will be opportunity between now at the U17 WC (if the team gets there) to find a GK if this one does not improve.
Does Fifa test everyone (Including European teams) or is it just kids from Developing countries ?
Yes, it would be interesting to see what percentage of European players with verifiable birth records fail the MRI test compared to African players. We've once had a Nigerian player born and raised in the USA fail the test.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

JACKAL wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Very good beginning for Nigeria. It is never easy beating a home team in an opener. Good thing that the squad is now settled as per MRI. Even though FIFA will conduct an MRI of ALL TEAMS at the U17 WC, those results will not be used to disqualify any of the players. Instead, they are used as part of ongoing studies. Moreover, FIFA does also understand that some players at the U17 WC time will be over the age of 17 years based on FIFA policy. Moreover, I believe there will be opportunity between now at the U17 WC (if the team gets there) to find a GK if this one does not improve.
Does Fifa test everyone (Including European teams) or is it just kids from Developing countries ?
FIFA tests everyone. However, because of the possibility that several kids from Europe and Americas fail the test and yet have safeproof birth certificates, that is possibly the reason that FIFA does not use its MRI test to disqualify players. Instead, those test results are used for further study. Remember, that as many as 35% of U17 players (all over the globe) failed this test even before MRI was officially introduced.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FIFA tests everyone. However, because of the possibility that several kids from Europe and Americas fail the test and yet have safeproof birth certificates, that is possibly the reason that FIFA does not use its MRI test to disqualify players. Instead, those test results are used for further study. Remember, that as many as 35% of U17 players (all over the globe) failed this test even before MRI was officially introduced.

EII:

This has been my argument since the Chukwudi saga. Folks are taking this MRI test too religiously, despite the fact that the scientific study appears to suggest to treat the findings with caution.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

EII:

This has been my argument since the Chukwudi saga. Folks are taking this MRI test too religiously, despite the fact that the scientific study appears to suggest to treat the findings with caution.
Chief Ogbunigwe,

You are right. In fact, there is no scientific study that is foolproof. They are all based on how much confidence that one should place on its results within a given parameter. I think, as I have argued, that its use (in spite of some errors) is a great improvement over relying on passports of players from our country. While, it obviously leads to exclusion of some Nigerian players who may actually be U17, it helps exclude many that are over that age. This, perhaps, explains the Maduabuchi case that has been argued ad infinitum on this site.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Comprehensive highlights...

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]

Courtesy of @ pastorhotr99
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

That number 13 Amoo is a really good player....
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

That number 13 Amoo is a really good player.... I told you all...that boy is special... that close control in small quarters and ability to shoot in traffic and create chaos like that is messi like...

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31781

Golden Eaglets 'Little Messi' Wins CAF's First Man Of The Match Award At U17

Sidos FC super kid Akinkunmi Amoo has been recognized for his outstanding performance in the Golden Eaglets 5-4 win over Tanzania in the opening match of the U17 Africa Cup of Nations on Sunday afternoon, with the Confederation of African Football officially naming him as the Man of the Match, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

Nicknamed 'Little Messi' by his teammates, Amoo took the accolade ahead of Giant Brillers FC striker Wisdom Ubani, who scored either side of half-time, and Tanzania U17s golden boy Kevin John 'Mbappe'.

The 2002-born Amoo had a hand in all the three goals scored by the five-time world champions in the first half.

Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan pounced on a rebounded shot from the number 13 to open the scoring in the 21st minute and Wisdom Ubani benefited from his assist when he restored the lead on the half-hour mark.

Eight minutes before half-time, the lively Amoo showed off his silky skills, beat the goalkeeper and tapped the ball into an empty net.

He was replaced by Divine Nwachukwu in second-half injury time with the outcome of the game all but decided.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

The commentator kept mentioning "Olisehguni", I was wondering which Nigerian tribe bears that name.....only to discover he meant Olusegun :lol: :lol: :lol:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The second pen to Tanzania should have been a free kick. Our keeper is useless at penalties
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

That Nigerian goal keeper is very bad... but boy those were some phenomenal goals, especially the last one from the Nigerian kid :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

JACKAL wrote:That number 13 Amoo is a really good player.... I told you all...that boy is special... that close control in small quarters and ability to shoot in traffic and create chaos like that is messi like...

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31781

Golden Eaglets 'Little Messi' Wins CAF's First Man Of The Match Award At U17

Sidos FC super kid Akinkunmi Amoo has been recognized for his outstanding performance in the Golden Eaglets 5-4 win over Tanzania in the opening match of the U17 Africa Cup of Nations on Sunday afternoon, with the Confederation of African Football officially naming him as the Man of the Match, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

Nicknamed 'Little Messi' by his teammates, Amoo took the accolade ahead of Giant Brillers FC striker Wisdom Ubani, who scored either side of half-time, and Tanzania U17s golden boy Kevin John 'Mbappe'.

The 2002-born Amoo had a hand in all the three goals scored by the five-time world champions in the first half.

Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan pounced on a rebounded shot from the number 13 to open the scoring in the 21st minute and Wisdom Ubani benefited from his assist when he restored the lead on the half-hour mark.

Eight minutes before half-time, the lively Amoo showed off his silky skills, beat the goalkeeper and tapped the ball into an empty net.

He was replaced by Divine Nwachukwu in second-half injury time with the outcome of the game all but decided.

Amen make our people stop this "Little Messi" thing....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:The second pen to Tanzania should have been a free kick. Our keeper is useless at penalties

Most keepers are useless at penalties
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:The second pen to Tanzania should have been a free kick. Our keeper is useless at penalties

this one no even pick ball wey just pass beside him. It's like he's given up in his mind of saving the pens. Look at the first one, it hit the post and even get time come hit the goalkeeper for leg before ball roll in. The second one just stroll pass him, the ball even "mssshhheew" at the goalkeeper as it waka go inside net.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

...but this goalkeeper's own is extra special....... he needs to find another calling
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:Comprehensive highlights...

[/video]
This Ubani Kid should be in the AFCON team.

Yeah, I am an agent! There!!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

That Wisdom Ubani boy. Kai!! :clap:

The way Amoo dribbled the gk and smashed the ball in. Kai!! :clap: :clap:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I want this team to meet Ghana and spell " Federation Republico Du Short Peopulus of Gold Coast or Ghana" without conceding any.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mapet wrote:The commentator kept mentioning "Olisehguni", I was wondering which Nigerian tribe bears that name.....only to discover he meant Olusegun :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:That Wisdom Ubani boy. Kai!! :clap:

The way Amoo dribbled the gk and smashed the ball in. Kai!! :clap: :clap:
What I like about him is that he is competent with both feet.
His first goal was on his left and second his right, both high precision strikes. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tobi17 wrote:That Nigerian goal keeper is very bad... but boy those were some phenomenal goals, especially the last one from the Nigerian kid :clap:
The Tanzanian goal keeper was very good, but still chopped 5 goals ...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:That Nigerian goal keeper is very bad... but boy those were some phenomenal goals, especially the last one from the Nigerian kid :clap:
The Tanzanian goal keeper was very good, but still chopped 5 goals ...

You dey mind our Elder Youths, abi na Youth Elders?

Who remembers how Alampasu was insulted at the beginning of the U-17 tournament, before he ended up as the best GK (if my memory neva travel :sneaky: ) ?

Also, Amunike's deadly striker was called names....not only did he excel in the tornament, but has done well for the SE when called upon.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

No kill me o, I just dey ask question but have these guys gone through the age testing scans? I hate to follow U-Anything, but NFF posted the pic of the no. 13 Amoo guy with MOTM award and he doesn’t look U-17 to me. Just asking o...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!