Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17253
Location: Super Eagles Homeland

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7798
Enugu II wrote:


That's too bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5673
Location: Here
So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to him. Wish him quickest recovery.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44118
Sad. He is in his mid 30s so this may be the end for him. Senegal has a few other top goalies in Seria A and Ligue Un. In fact I was surprised Khadim started over them at the WC

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14475
Location: Here
YUJAM wrote:
Sad. He is in his mid 30s so this may be the end for him. Senegal has a few other top goalies in Seria A and Ligue Un. In fact I was surprised Khadim started over them at the WC

He is a goalie.
He will be back!

Khadim was OK at the WC.
Way better than the likes of Sadio Mane.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48233
...double, how that happen? or can happen?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13725
Sorry for him but he was a horrible keeper who cost Senegal a spot in the 2nd round with his piss poor positioning against Japan.

Cisse is an angel* for playing this old home based keeper ahead of a starter in Serie A and Ligue 1. Just a dumb decision, and another reason I dont like homebased coaches. THey always make these kind of stupid decisions.

Since the World Cup this guy has not once been in goal.

Seems Cisse learned his lesson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17253
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
Super Eagles To Pocket N1.6 Billion In Prize Money If They Win 2019 AFCON
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=31782
Published: April 14, 2019

All the countries competing at this summer's Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt will receive at least $600,000 each, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced following the draw that took place in Cairo on Friday, April 12.

For the first time in the history of the competition, 24 teams are participating and this will bring additional revenue to CAF.

According to President of CAF, Ahmad Ahmad, the winner of the AFCON will take home $4.5 million (equivalent of 4 million euros or N1.6 billion) in addition to the trophy they will raise on July 19.

''Obviously, we increased the prize money for the competition,'' Ahmad Ahmad said to Radio France International.

Defending champions Cameroon pocketed $4 million for winning the 2017 AFCON, Egypt received $2 million while Burkina Faso and Ghana, the two semifinalists, took home $1.5 million each.

The Super Eagles have been drawn with Guinea, Madagascar and Burundi in Group B and the schedule sees the three-time African champions open their campaign against the Swallows at the Alexandria Stadium, Alexandria on June 22.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48233
:shock: :shock: :shock:
billions with a B. I bet someone some people dey calculate how to get cuts into dem pocket :drool: :drool:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17253
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
Africa: Decisions of CAF Executive Committee - 11 & 12 April 2019
https://allafrica.com/stories/201904170451.html
AfricaSoccerSport

The CAF Executive Committee from 11-12 April 2019 met in Cairo, Egypt. Important points and decisions taken include;

* Dismissal of CAF General Secretary Amr Fahmy for misconduct, and the appointment of Mouad Hajji, new CAF General Secretary

* Conduct an external audit - organizational and financial

* With regards to the Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019, a comprehensive preparatory roadmap was presented to the Executive Committee

* Following the call for tenders regarding the attribution of TV rights for terrestrial free-to-air for the sub-saharan countries, the offer of the African Union of Broadcasting (AUB) was retained under certain conditions to be discussed between the two parties

* In accordance with CAF statutes, the Executive Committee approved the membership of the Governance committee. The appointment of the President and Vice President will have to be ratified by the General Assembly

* The CAF Executive Committee unanimously approved the decision to increase the grant allocated to affiliated National Associations from $ 100,000 to $ 200,000

* Substantial increase in the prize money for the Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019

* Award Cameroon the hosting rights for the Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) 2020, replacing Ethiopia

* The Executive Committee approved a proposal from the CAF President for the organisation of Governance Forum for Member Associations in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire in October 2019

* The CAF Secretariat contributed thoroughly to the success of the draw event of the Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019, and also the smooth running of the general activities of the committees, particularly the meeting of the Executive Committee on 11-12 April.

In line with African culture and customs, CAF gives priority to the defence of human dignity.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13606
Location: South London
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Africa: Decisions of CAF Executive Committee - 11 & 12 April 2019
https://allafrica.com/stories/201904170451.html
AfricaSoccerSport

The CAF Executive Committee from 11-12 April 2019 met in Cairo, Egypt. Important points and decisions taken include;

* Dismissal of CAF General Secretary Amr Fahmy for misconduct, and the appointment of Mouad Hajji, new CAF General Secretary

* Conduct an external audit - organizational and financial

* With regards to the Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019, a comprehensive preparatory roadmap was presented to the Executive Committee

* Following the call for tenders regarding the attribution of TV rights for terrestrial free-to-air for the sub-saharan countries, the offer of the African Union of Broadcasting (AUB) was retained under certain conditions to be discussed between the two parties

* In accordance with CAF statutes, the Executive Committee approved the membership of the Governance committee. The appointment of the President and Vice President will have to be ratified by the General Assembly

* The CAF Executive Committee unanimously approved the decision to increase the grant allocated to affiliated National Associations from $ 100,000 to $ 200,000

* Substantial increase in the prize money for the Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019

* Award Cameroon the hosting rights for the Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) 2020, replacing Ethiopia

* The Executive Committee approved a proposal from the CAF President for the organisation of Governance Forum for Member Associations in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire in October 2019

* The CAF Secretariat contributed thoroughly to the success of the draw event of the Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019, and also the smooth running of the general activities of the committees, particularly the meeting of the Executive Committee on 11-12 April.

In line with African culture and customs, CAF gives priority to the defence of human dignity.


What happened to the planed African Nations League?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13725
Eric Bailly suffered ligament damage yesterday and likely will miss 2019 AFCON.

Big blow for Les Elephants. :atc:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17253
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
vancity eagle wrote:
Eric Bailly suffered ligament damage yesterday and likely will miss 2019 AFCON.

Big blow for Les Elephants. :atc:



Image

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:18 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29457
Somebody needs to have a quiet word with Bailly on his playing style. If he doesn't change it, his career in the top league will be over before it started....

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10997
He clears the ball with Bruce Lee style kung fu kicks.

txj wrote:
Somebody needs to have a quiet word with Bailly on his playing style. If he doesn't change it, his career in the top league will be over before it started....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10997
Egypt and Morocco are the favourites for me. Looking forward to seeing Ziyech and that Morocco team (the best technical footballing team in Africa IMHO). They were robbed by refereeing banditry at the WC and deserve better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13725
wiseone wrote:
Egypt and Morocco are the favourites for me. Looking forward to seeing Ziyech and that Morocco team (the best technical footballing team in Africa IMHO). They were robbed by refereeing banditry at the WC and deserve better.


I agree on Morocco.

Egypt however do not have the overall quality accross the starting 11 that Morocco has, but they are the host. I think Egypt will fall in the Semis.

I chose one of Nigeria, Senegal, or Morocco to win.

Going by past precedent the favourites never win, and it is always a team under the radar.

If we look at past winners none were favourites

Cameroon - favourites Senegal
CIV - favourites Algeria
Nigeria - favourites CIV
Zambia - favourites CIV

Could it be a resurgent CIV who have an explosive offence ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:52 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29457
Naby Keita to miss rest of season, Africa Cup on Nations
Associated Press Associated Press•May 3, 2019

LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Liverpool will be without Naby Keita for its final games of the season after the midfielder limped off with a groin injury during the 3-0 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League.

Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp says Keita will be out for "at least two months," which also rules the Guinea international out of the Africa Cup of Nations starting on June 21.

Keita has taken a while to settle since his move from Leipzig in the offseason, but recently started to show the form which persuaded Liverpool to spend a reported 70 million euros (then $85 million) for him.

He will miss Liverpool's final two English Premier League games, against Newcastle on Saturday and Wolverhampton Wanderers on the last day of the season, as well as the second leg of the Champions League semifinals against Barcelona on Tuesday. The final is on June 1.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/naby-keita-m ... 56501.html

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16744
vancity eagle wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Egypt and Morocco are the favourites for me. Looking forward to seeing Ziyech and that Morocco team (the best technical footballing team in Africa IMHO). They were robbed by refereeing banditry at the WC and deserve better.


I agree on Morocco.

Egypt however do not have the overall quality accross the starting 11 that Morocco has, but they are the host. I think Egypt will fall in the Semis.

I chose one of Nigeria, Senegal, or Morocco to win.

Going by past precedent the favourites never win, and it is always a team under the radar.

If we look at past winners none were favourites

Cameroon - favourites Senegal
CIV - favourites Algeria
Nigeria - favourites CIV
Zambia - favourites CIV

Could it be a resurgent CIV who have an explosive offence ?


You’re a real joker :laugh:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50774
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Super Eagles To Pocket N1.6 Billion In Prize Money If They Win 2019 AFCON
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=31782
Published: April 14, 2019

All the countries competing at this summer's Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt will receive at least $600,000 each, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced following the draw that took place in Cairo on Friday, April 12.

For the first time in the history of the competition, 24 teams are participating and this will bring additional revenue to CAF.

According to President of CAF, Ahmad Ahmad, the winner of the AFCON will take home $4.5 million (equivalent of 4 million euros or N1.6 billion) in addition to the trophy they will raise on July 19.

''Obviously, we increased the prize money for the competition,'' Ahmad Ahmad said to Radio France International.

Defending champions Cameroon pocketed $4 million for winning the 2017 AFCON, Egypt received $2 million while Burkina Faso and Ghana, the two semifinalists, took home $1.5 million each.

The Super Eagles have been drawn with Guinea, Madagascar and Burundi in Group B and the schedule sees the three-time African champions open their campaign against the Swallows at the Alexandria Stadium, Alexandria on June 22.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

If I'm reading right that is $4.5M

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10997
A little history on what tends to happen when the AFCON is hosted in north Africa (winners in brackers):

1986: Egypt (Egypt)
1988: Morocco (Cameroon)
1990: Algeria (Algeria)
1994: Tunisia (Nigeria)
2004: Tunisia (Tunisia)
2006: Egypt (Egypt)


Write off Egypt at your peril. The Pharoahs are AFCON specialists. They have:

(a) not lost a group or knockout game at the AFCON for 13 years (since 2006!). :shock:
(b) won 3 of the last 4 AFCONs they have played at (and they reached the final of the 4th tournament they did not win!).
(c) reached the final 4 successive times in their last 4 AFCONs.

(d) lost only 1 of their last 22 AFCON finals matches.

Hail the Pharoahs.

vancity eagle wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Egypt and Morocco are the favourites for me. Looking forward to seeing Ziyech and that Morocco team (the best technical footballing team in Africa IMHO). They were robbed by refereeing banditry at the WC and deserve better.


I agree on Morocco.

Egypt however do not have the overall quality accross the starting 11 that Morocco has, but they are the host. I think Egypt will fall in the Semis.

I chose one of Nigeria, Senegal, or Morocco to win.

Going by past precedent the favourites never win, and it is always a team under the radar.

If we look at past winners none were favourites

Cameroon - favourites Senegal
CIV - favourites Algeria
Nigeria - favourites CIV
Zambia - favourites CIV

Could it be a resurgent CIV who have an explosive offence ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24730
Location: your girls place
Dang Keita misses the AFCON. Our boys need to take it easy o.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7424
bret- hart wrote:
Dang Keita misses the AFCON. Our boys need to take it easy o.


Naija juju is working :winking:

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1naija, blacksavage, chief nfachairman, EMBEDDED, fledy, maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot], oscar52, wale1974 and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group