Should Brazil pay Nigeria reparation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Should Brazil pay Nigeria reparation

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:Most Black Brazilians came from Angola and Congo not Nigeria.
is this your opinion/guess work?or a concluded research done by you?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Just because they speak Yoruba in Brazil does not mean most of the blacks there came from Nigeria. The reason why Yoruba is spoken is becauss the last Africans shipped to Brazil were Yorubas. The other Africans already there adopted the culture to connect to Africa. Its like Jamaica. Most of the slaves taken there were igbos but the african culture that survived was Akan.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote:

bret, have you been to Brazil? There are more Yoruba speakers in Brazil than in Nigeria. I am not talking about just Salvador Bahia

True Bros but the data backs it up. If you look up slave voyages, the records are still there. Also, Angola and Brazil were so close that they almost formed a united country. It was the british that messed that up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

okidoki wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
A good amount came from Nigeria as well. specifically Yoruba. the Yoruba culture is the most prominent of the remnant African cultures in Brazil. Some Afro Brazilians still worship Orisha Ogun (Orixa as they call it), Yemanja. it is said when their priests get in the spirit, they are given utterance to speak Yoruba (even thought they have not learned it.) Alsohave you seen the way the older women from the Favellas dress? not forget they still fry and eat akara (acaraje)
You do realize that during the slave raid years, the last bunch of slaves brought in, their cultures were always, adopted by the rest of the slaves. Happened in multiple colonies.
:rotf: :rotf:
:source: :source: :source:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I just got back from Rio, Brazil. The Yoruba culture there is stronger than I ever thought. People talking Sango, Osun etc. They are so caught up with it, it kind of made me awkward tbh.

Yes, it could be because that Yoruba slaves got there later, but there must have been a VERY large influx of Yoruba slaves as well. Also, we have to give props to Yorubas for not shying away from their Africaness and culture. Whether some like it or not that is a key characteristic of Yoruba that sets it apart from other groups. They fiercely fight to preserve their culture and tradition. Even today we are made fun off for sticking with our names and language, in comparison to other ethnic groups. As we speak there are several initiatives between Brazilians and Nigerians to set up groups and foundations in Brazil. What other groups are bothering with this? You will be amazed at the groundwork going on.

Anyway, I think it's something all Africans can be proud of.

This Oduduwa head is in Brazil