Two Years Ago, Man United defeated Ajax and won the EL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Two Years Ago, Man United defeated Ajax and won the EL

Post by cic old boy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Just so everyone is clear, this thread is really about Mourinho.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know how otherwise intelligent people think it's purely about football. Ajax had a crap coach (Peter Bosz) when they were defeated by Manure (still outplayed Manure). They sacked him and moved on in leaps and bounds. He went to Dortmund and was sacked too, after 7 months. The real story is that both crap coaches in that Europa final were sacked. Both teams have improved since they sacked their coaches.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Just so everyone is clear, this thread is really about Mourinho.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know how otherwise intelligent people think it's purely about football. Ajax had a crap coach (Peter Bosz) when they were defeated by Manure (still outplayed Manure). They sacked him and moved on in leaps and bounds. He went to Dortmund and was sacked too, after 7 months. The real story is that both crap coaches in that Europa final were sacked. Both teams have improved since they sacked their coaches.
Hmmm.. I disagree with you. Peter Bosz was not crap. What I think is that he is a complicated coach, who likes to do things in a complicated way.

Dont forget he was at Ajax for one season. And In that season, he came second (only finising the season 1 point behind the champions) and took them to the Europa League final, where (in my opinion) they performed better than United, but lost. His performance at Ajax that season was very good and Dortmund made him an offer. In fact, I had to look for this article I read back then, when he was likened to Crujff:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... opa-league

Your opinion that Ajax sacked him is factually inaccurate and a gross misrepresentation of the facts, because he resigned from that position in order to accept Dortmund's offer.

Your opinion that Ajax moved on in leaps and bounds after Bosz left, is also incorrect because after Bosz resigned, Van Der Saar replaced Bosz with Bergkamp's friend, Marcel Keizer. Keizer wasnt particularly bad, but he wasnt hitting the heights they expected and there were lots of problems behind the scenes. Overmars then forced Van Der Saar to get rid of bergkamp and his friend. Thereafter, Overmars insisted on the hiring of Ten Hag in January of 2018.

In regards to Bosz at Dortmund, he was a disaster! He allowed his complicated football get in the way of simplicity. He was then fired, as you rightly mentioned.

However, since then, he has returned to the Bundesliga in January 2019. They were in tatters and since he has come in, he has been able to push them up. In his article below, he admitted his mistakes at Dortmund and promised to change:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... -2818-1351

For his own sake, I hope he has learned his lesson. He is a good coach, he just has to simplify things a bit and he will be fine.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

balo wrote:Thanks Danfo for unearthing the next Chelsea coach - Ten Hag. :)

(I am assuming Roman visits this site.)

I saw some of Ajax plays and my comment was "The Sarriball that never was".
Chelsea will sack him if he fails to win the Premier League or Champions League in his first season, he'll inherit a bunch of players that want to leave Chelsea but cant as no one wants to pay them more than they are currently earning at Chelsea where they haven't performed lately despite their big names!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ajax have come a long way, sometimes it takes years to get things right, if you ditch the club principles, even longer, stick to the principles, then just a matter of time, what impresses me about Ajax? academy players and yes there are plenty of them in that first team!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

Chelsea will sack him if he fails to win the Premier League or Champions League in his first season, he'll inherit a bunch of players that want to leave Chelsea but cant as no one wants to pay them more than they are currently earning at Chelsea where they haven't performed lately despite their big names!

And that's fine. If a coach blows hot and cold while losing the essence of the club, I support that the coach be sacked.
Coaches at big or relatively big clubs earn way too much money to not deliver.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

And that's fine. If a coach blows hot and cold while losing the essence of the club, I support that the coach be sacked.
Coaches at big or relatively big clubs earn way too much money to not deliver.
Chelsea claims it wants stability, but I don't think, deep down, they do. Chelsea and their fans love the idea, but they do not have the patience.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
Enugu Linda, Are you watching what Bosz has done at Leverkusen? A blogger like you shouldnt be shooting your mouth. instead, you should educate yourself, first. Okay, pumpkin?