Is Pep a good coach sans Messi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Is Pep a good coach sans Messi?

Post by tfco »

airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:Yes...but he is a bit one dimensional.
Funny enough, he is actually not! I have seen him play 4 different formations IN ONE GAME!
Yes...all designed to tiki taka himself to oblivion. His game management can be shite when things go wrong for him. That's why Bayern got rid of him...he is an advanced Sarri. Good coach though. The way he turned Sterling into a player is remarkable.
please expand on this.
50MP star player bought from Pool and has been turned into what....?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Funny enough, he is actually not! I have seen him play 4 different formations IN ONE GAME!
Yes...all designed to tiki taka himself to oblivion. His game management can be shite when things go wrong for him. That's why Bayern got rid of him...he is an advanced Sarri. Good coach though. The way he turned Sterling into a player is remarkable.
please expand on this.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: its remarkable, isnt it!? Thank God i saw sterling play for liverpool.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
please expand on this.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: its remarkable, isnt it!? Thank God i saw sterling play for liverpool.
i just want an honest answer
Has Sane also become a world beater? Apparently yes, bc his exclusion is what caused Germany's demise at the WC

John Stones?
Kyle Walker?
What about KDB and Aguero?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I dislike Pep but make no mistake about it he is a top coach
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I think it was after the Euros in which all the English players effed up that some thought Sterling's career was more or less dead. He was horrific and had a lot of caps for England with maybe two goals overall. All the England players played badly, but Hart and Sterling, the two City players were particularly dire imho.

Pep was the new coach of Man City and he made two moves with the Euro English flops. He got rid of Hart and reached out to Sterling saying he saw a lot of potential in him and would like to work with him to develop his game.

People saying Sterling was doing great under Brendan Fraser are reaching. He was a hard working, no chance taking, inconsistent player. As y'all know I do not like Pep, but imho if it wasn't for him Sterling wouldn't be where he is now. Some coaches DO have an effect on players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

@danfo :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Samora Machel wrote:I dislike Pep but make no mistake about it he is a top coach
Yeah he is a top coach when he spend money on the players he want.He team play good football but he is mentally weak in big games and struggle when face a top team also.If I had a club today I will not consider him as a coach for several reasons not that he is not a good coach...
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

stats...and more stats

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Heliopolis wrote:Pep is the best coach on the planet. The guy is brilliant.

I've been very critical of him for micromanaging Bayern and City in the KO stages of the CL and failing to prepare his boys adequately. When you go from beating everyone handily to losing 4-0, 3-0, etc (with Bayern in 2014 and 2015, and City in 2018 in the same season there is something going on with coaching. Nearly every time one of his teams has been knocked out from the CL since he left Barca have they conceded 5-6 goals over 2 legs.

That being said, Pep was NOT at fault today. Two defensive lapses (and Ederson should've saved the 1st goal) cost City the CL. They scored 4 goals and could've scored 7 thanks to Pep's coaching. His defenders let the team down. One could argue they should've parked the bus after the Aguero goal but the Llorente goal came off a corner kick (not much you can do there). City will be back again next season.
Why don't you say the truth?Pep is just a good coach nothing special to crown him best on the planet.Since he left barca what has he done in CL?
Do you know how much he has spend?What exactly has he done at City that the previous coach has not done?
He left Bayern worst than he met them.How many youth player has he turn to super stars since he left Barca?
If there was VAR during his Barca days he likely would have had just one CL
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Heliopolis wrote:Pep is the best coach on the planet. The guy is brilliant.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:I think it was after the Euros in which all the English players effed up that some thought Sterling's career was more or less dead. He was horrific and had a lot of caps for England with maybe two goals overall. All the England players played badly, but Hart and Sterling, the two City players were particularly dire imho.

Pep was the new coach of Man City and he made two moves with the Euro English flops. He got rid of Hart and reached out to Sterling saying he saw a lot of potential in him and would like to work with him to develop his game.

People saying Sterling was doing great under Brendan Fraser are reaching. He was a hard working, no chance taking, inconsistent player. As y'all know I do not like Pep, but imho if it wasn't for him Sterling wouldn't be where he is now. Some coaches DO have an effect on players.
Nobody said this! We said he was unplayable under Brendan RODGERS! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As for your other comments. LOL. So a player had a bad tournament and that means his career was dead? :lol: :lol: :lol: You must be telling a joke. :rotf:

P.s- if you describe Sterling under ROdgers the way you have done in your post, then it is clear that you did NOT watch him play under Rodgers for those two years. Sorry! Raheem's performances under Rodgers was the reason Chelsea fought to have him, but Liverpool rejected and rejected and then City came and splashed the cash.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote:I think it was after the Euros in which all the English players effed up that some thought Sterling's career was more or less dead. He was horrific and had a lot of caps for England with maybe two goals overall. All the England players played badly, but Hart and Sterling, the two City players were particularly dire imho.

I thought this was obvious, how anyone can act like he hasn’t improved under Pep...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

maceo4 wrote:

I thought this was obvious, how anyone can act like he hasn’t improved under Pep...
ok fair enough

what about Stones, Sane, Otamendi, Kompany, Aguero, KDB

have they also improved?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

ok fair enough

have they also improved?
I am surprised you are even responding to that person. Has anyone argued that Sterling has NOT improved? The argument is that Sterling was already a fantastic talent who was destroying teams for years. He had only one place to go -- UP! Whether Pep was his coach today or not, Sterling would have improved. Would he have improved to this specific level, I dont know. He could have, he could have not and he could have even been better with another coach. The issue here is, WE DISAGREE THAT WITHOUT PEP, RAHEEM WOULD HAVE BEEN USELESS,
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

ok fair enough

have they also improved?
I am surprised you are even responding to that person. Has anyone argued that Sterling has NOT improved? The argument is that Sterling was already a fantastic talent who was destroying teams for years. He had only one place to go -- UP! Whether Pep was his coach today or not, Sterling would have improved. Would he have improved to this specific level, I dont know. He could have, he could have not and he could have even been better with another coach. The issue here is, WE DISAGREE THAT WITHOUT PEP, RAHEEM WOULD HAVE BEEN USELESS,
He certainly was going nowhere in his 2nd year under Rogers, playing as a right DING bat :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

ok fair enough

have they also improved?
you are nothing but a troll, my goodness, what's your end goal here?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Heliopolis wrote:
That being said, Pep was NOT at fault today. Two defensive lapses (and Ederson should've saved the 1st goal) cost City the CL. They scored 4 goals and could've scored 7 thanks to Pep's coaching. His defenders let the team down. One could argue they should've parked the bus after the Aguero goal but the Llorente goal came off a corner kick (not much you can do there). City will be back again next season.
Pep maybe not at fault today, but he might have lost this tie in the first leg.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Is Pep a flop outside of La Liga?

Post by paj »

Since Barca dude's flopped in Europe... in 3 seasons, nada! Is he a FLOP or just simply a serial choker? With Bayern, he flopped(past tense)...with City..he's flopping..(present continuous tense)..so what does the future hold? :sneaky:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Pep a flop outside of La Liga?

Post by kajifu »

paj wrote:Since Barca dude's flopped in Europe... in 3 seasons, nada! Is he a FLOP or just simply a serial choker?
Change I thread to is Pep a flop in Europe outside without Barca?
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

paj wrote:Since Barca dude's flopped in Europe... in 3 seasons, nada! Is he a FLOP or just simply a serial choker? With Bayern, he flopped(past tense)...with City..he's flopping..(present continuous tense)..so what does the future hold? :sneaky:

Its like placing all your trust on stats. Stats DO NOT TELL the whole story a good number of times. Has he IMPROVED players he's worked with? Has he set some EPL records? Bundesliga records? Unlucky not to have been to the final of UCL?..... Methinks the answer to those questions shows Pep IS THE BEST Coach in the world. Btw, will you recommend him to Chelsea?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

ok fair enough

have they also improved?
You probably don't know it but there is video footage of Pep teaching Sterling the basics. How to position himself, trap the ball, run at defenders e.t.c. The results are there for all to see.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kabalega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

ok fair enough

have they also improved?
You probably don't know it but there is video footage of Pep teaching Sterling the basics. How to position himself, trap the ball, run at defenders e.t.c. The results are there for all to see.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

ok fair enough

have they also improved?
He certainly was going nowhere in his 2nd year under Rogers, playing as a right DING bat :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Apparently they zid not zee that - Arsene style...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!