Brendan Rodgers on Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brendan Rodgers on Ndidi

Post by txj »

Totally unrelated, but very fascinating tactical battle at the Camp Nou between Barca and Sociedad...

Offers a fascinating template on the Liverpool approach in the CL
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

kajifu wrote:Hope Arsenal come knocking now that is not late before real madrid and psg start looking for his service.He already turn down Chelsea.
You need to either stop this or post your link/source.
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

To be clear, there are important differences between LFC and RS. Real are more technical, and the passing scheme is much more intricate, and the spacing is closer.. But their management of space in the non-possession phase is how I suspect Klopp will approach the road game.

What La Real has over LFC in technique, Liverpool more than make up in power, fitness and especially their counterpressing. The transition from counterpress is much faster, more direct and much more deadly...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
kajifu wrote:Hope Arsenal come knocking now that is not late before real madrid and psg start looking for his service.He already turn down Chelsea.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

bushboy wrote:The idea that African players are only good as "ball retrievers" and pass it off other players "more cerebral" is very annoying. Ndidi actually can shoot well and scores his fair share of goals. Rather than nurture and encourage that side of his game, they want to turn him into a robot. This was the same rubbish done to Mikel.
Why bring this up? don't think it has anything to do with the article.
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:Totally unrelated, but very fascinating tactical battle at the Camp Nou between Barca and Sociedad...

What the heck has this got to do with Ndidi?go and discuss pool in the pool season thread..I find this very disrespectful
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Brendan is about to ruin the boys game with that comment

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

jette1 wrote:
icee wrote:Ndidi needs to work on the shooting part of his game. He had a good shot in Belgium and when he first arrived in England. First Vardy and now Brenden are trying to kill off that light in him. Yes he may shoot off a few times but still needs to try to shoot from time to time. This is a classic case of a systemic attempt to limit Ndidi's development. I hope he doesn't listen to his coach in this case.
he would be on the behch just like kelechi if you want him to produce goals; he is paid to not be a shooter so his should concentrate on his expertise period and only shoot at opportunities
Ndidi brings enough to his current game at the Leicester level to earn the right to take some opportunistic shots (as long as he keeps practising). He has the right to further develop. He has scored a couple of creamers this season so its not like there's no end product. There's enough there to not ban him. Should he be held accountable from time to time? yes BUT no one should tell him to stop outright is what i'm trying to say.
Ndidi is a few improvements away from being a good fit for a club like Man U. I see Matic for example and i'm thinking...Ndidi can do better.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bushboy wrote:The idea that African players are only good as "ball retrievers" and pass it off other players "more cerebral" is very annoying. Ndidi actually can shoot well and scores his fair share of goals. Rather than nurture and encourage that side of his game, they want to turn him into a robot. This was the same rubbish done to Mikel.
True but in this case his ethnicity wasn't mentioned and in a structured team a manager/coach needs to utilise his players the best of their abilities and Ndidi is good at what he does as a Midfielder so...…..?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I see Rodgers making it clear to Wilf that he is a water carrier. Nothing more. A bit like Jose did to Mikel. I just hope Rodgers does not turn Wilf into the second coming of Papa Bouba Diop.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Oga Danfo No mind Dammy,i will not post the link because it is in our WhatsApp rumor group and the rumor clearly said he wants to move to London and turn down Chelsea.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

txj wrote:Totally unrelated, but very fascinating tactical battle at the Camp Nou between Barca and Sociedad...

That is the game of the CL,final before final.The good think you guys are playing away first leg,get a good result and its over for Barca.
Liverpool 3 MF must match Barca Mf pound for pound and with the battle.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Oga Danfo No mind Dammy,i will not post the link because it is in our WhatsApp rumor group and the rumor clearly said he wants to move to London and turn down Chelsea.
Abeg just kukuma add Dammy to your whatsapp group. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?