Brendan Rodgers on Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Brendan Rodgers on Ndidi

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

“He has to win the ball and give it, simple as that. I tell him he doesn’t need to be in the box shooting, that’s not his job.

“Just look after the other two boys in front of you, and just control the space in front of the centre-halves and he does that so, so well.

“We’re trying to improve him in that position because you’re going to be on the ball a lot. You’ve got to serve it, serve it over 10 or 15 metres.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... odgers/amp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Brendan Rodgers on Ndidi

Post by Lolly »

And the full article...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... odgers/amp
Brendan Rodgers hails ‘very impressive’ Leicester star - ‘He covers the ground so fast’

BRENDAN RODGERS says Wilfred Ndidi is the sniffer dog operating in the shadows of Leicester's big name stars.

By Dave Armitage

06.04, 18 Apr 2019

While the likes of Jamie Vardy, Harry Maguire and James Maddison hog the headlines, Rodgers says Nigerian international Ndidi is a man he could build a team around.

The 22-year-old is starting to look a bargain at the £14m The Foxes forked out for him from Belgian outfit Genk.

Leicester's boss says while Ndidi's role role might go unnoticed by some, he's valued by those who play alongside him.

Rodgers said: “He's been very impressive. He covers the ground so fast. His anticipation is very good and he reads the game.

“He smells the danger, and then for Youri Tielemans and James and for other attacking midfield players, to have that type of player in there it’s very important.

“I always have that sort of player - a clear, controlling player in the game. Sometimes they’re a defensive type like him that can really press the game and play simple, or sometimes it’s a more creative player, a playmaker from behind.”

Rodgers adds: “He’s got so much talent. Looking at his numbers he’s up there with having played the most games this season, with Kasper Schmeichel.

“All we try to do is make it clear what his function is in the team. It’s a job that may seem a simple job but he does it so effectively.

“He has to win the ball and give it, simple as that. I tell him he doesn’t need to be in the box shooting, that’s not his job.

“Just look after the other two boys in front of you, and just control the space in front of the centre-halves and he does that so, so well.

“We’re trying to improve him in that position because you’re going to be on the ball a lot. You’ve got to serve it, serve it over 10 or 15 metres.”
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The idea that African players are only good as "ball retrievers" and pass it off other players "more cerebral" is very annoying. Ndidi actually can shoot well and scores his fair share of goals. Rather than nurture and encourage that side of his game, they want to turn him into a robot. This was the same rubbish done to Mikel.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I dont rate his opinion so whatever!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

100%Naija wrote:I dont rate his opinion so whatever!
That makes two of us
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He's right. Winning the ball and making the simple pass is what he does best. Rogers wants him to play to his strengths and wants the more creative players taking the shots at goal.His shooting has regressed for some reason. He's not really a 2 way midfielder like Oliseh, Partey, Essien, or even Etebo; or a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Mikel.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote:
100%Naija wrote:I dont rate his opinion so whatever!
That makes two of us
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: His opinion is the SOLE OPINION that counts in Ndidi's career, so long as Ndidi plays under him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:He's right. Winning the ball and making the simple pass is what he does best. Rogers wants him to play to his strengths and wants the more creative players taking the shots at goal.His shooting has regressed for some reason. He's not really a 2 way midfielder like Oliseh, Partey, Essien, or even Etebo; or a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Mikel.
How about trying to improve your player's weaknesses and making him into an "allrounder?" Its not like Ndidi is 30. He is 22 with a whole lot of space to adapt and grow. Its lazt to simply tell your player to do what they do best and forget everything else. Very lazy.

Do you know Callum Paterson of Cardiff City? He is 24 years old. A few years ago, he was a right back in Scotland. Today he is a striker in the EPL. Thank God he didnt have a coach who told him to do what he does best and leave it at that.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rubbish..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ndidi should continue to improve. i hope he goes to another team
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Ndidi needs to work on the shooting part of his game. He had a good shot in Belgium and when he first arrived in England. First Vardy and now Brenden are trying to kill off that light in him. Yes he may shoot off a few times but still needs to try to shoot from time to time. This is a classic case of a systemic attempt to limit Ndidi's development. I hope he doesn't listen to his coach in this case.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hope Arsenal come knocking now that is not late before real madrid and psg start looking for his service.He already turn down Chelsea.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

kajifu wrote:Hope Arsenal come knocking now that is not late before real madrid and psg start looking for his service.He already turn down Chelsea.

When?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

bushboy wrote:The idea that African players are only good as "ball retrievers" and pass it off other players "more cerebral" is very annoying. Ndidi actually can shoot well and scores his fair share of goals. Rather than nurture and encourage that side of his game, they want to turn him into a robot. This was the same rubbish done to Mikel.
Thank you!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

ANC wrote:Ndidi should continue to improve. I hope he goes to another team
With a manager talking like that he ought to.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

icee wrote:Ndidi needs to work on the shooting part of his game. He had a good shot in Belgium and when he first arrived in England. First Vardy and now Brenden are trying to kill off that light in him. Yes he may shoot off a few times but still needs to try to shoot from time to time. This is a classic case of a systemic attempt to limit Ndidi's development. I hope he doesn't listen to his coach in this case.
he would be on the behch just like kelechi if you want him to produce goals; he is paid to not be a shooter so his should concentrate on his expertise period and only shoot at opportunities
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bushboy wrote:The idea that African players are only good as "ball retrievers" and pass it off other players "more cerebral" is very annoying. Ndidi actually can shoot well and scores his fair share of goals. Rather than nurture and encourage that side of his game, they want to turn him into a robot. This was the same rubbish done to Mikel.
here we go again with the victim role Africa busheeeet. if he took less shots at goal and produce goals once in a while that would be huge in the eyes of all as opposed to shooting constantly and produce nothing even when that is not his job he creates the impression that he is required to produce goals, its simple psychology dude because he is raising unassigned expectations
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

ANC wrote:
kajifu wrote:Hope Arsenal come knocking now that is not late before real madrid and psg start looking for his service.He already turn down Chelsea.

When?
:D :sneaky:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

jette1 wrote:
here we go again with the victim role Africa busheeeet. if he took less shots at goal and produce goals once in a while that would be huge in the eyes of all as opposed to shooting constantly and produce nothing even when that is not his job he creates the impression that he is required to produce goals, its simple psychology dude because he is raising unassigned expectations
I have to disagree with you. He shouldn't be limited by the expectations of others about him. Remember Mikel? Who is to say Ndidi isn't trying to expand the resume in his Armoury? Nothing wrong in Ndidi adding something extra to his game. Taking Rogers's quote, I get the feeling Vardy has a hand in it.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:He's right. Winning the ball and making the simple pass is what he does best. Rogers wants him to play to his strengths and wants the more creative players taking the shots at goal.His shooting has regressed for some reason. He's not really a 2 way midfielder like Oliseh, Partey, Essien, or even Etebo; or a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Mikel.
How about trying to improve your player's weaknesses and making him into an "allrounder?" Its not like Ndidi is 30. He is 22 with a whole lot of space to adapt and grow. Its lazt to simply tell your player to do what they do best and forget everything else. Very lazy.

Do you know Callum Paterson of Cardiff City? He is 24 years old. A few years ago, he was a right back in Scotland. Today he is a striker in the EPL. Thank God he didnt have a coach who told him to do what he does best and leave it at that.

You have to build from your strengths outwards...And to be a top "allrounder", he has to first master his position and his strengths. That earns you the right to add other things...No sane coach will stop his player from adding to his core qualities if it benefits the team...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The truth is pro coaches at premiership level don't have the time to work on every players weaknesses so it's more practical for Rodgers to encourage his better attacking players to bring the ball forward and shoot. It has nothing to do with being African or black. CMs like Sissoko, Partey, or even Kante are more skilled at bringing the ball forward so I'm sure their coaches won't be as restrictive with them.

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You have to build from your strengths outwards...And to be a top "allrounder", he has to first master his position and his strengths. That earns you the right to add other things...No sane coach will stop his player from adding to his core qualities if it benefits the team...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rodgers will start his relegation battle n a few months, hopefully Wilf will be gone to greener pastures by then. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:The truth is pro coaches at premiership level don't have the time to work on every players weaknesses so it's more practical for Rodgers to encourage his better attacking players to bring the ball forward and shoot. It has nothing to do with being African or black. CMs like Sissoko, Partey, or even Kante are more skilled at bringing the ball forward so I'm sure their coaches won't be as restrictive with them.

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I didn't mention race or ethnicity.

EDIT: Oh! Just saw you weren't responding to me. Carry on.