Bocande, Drogba, Eto'o and Yekini

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Bocande, Drogba, Eto'o and Yekini

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Bocande, Drogba, Eto'o and Yekini

Post by kalani JR »

One of these is not like the others.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If you are looking for a complete striker that can do more than score then its Eto'o but if you looking for a goal machine that just score at all time is Yekini
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kajifu wrote:If you are looking for a complete striker that can do more than score then its Eto'o but if you looking for a goal machine that just score at all time is Yekini
Eto'o was the true goal machine not Yeking, none of these players were ever on his level.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Etoo easily. He is the Greatest and best ever to emerge from Africa and one of the greatest ever strikers the world has ever seen
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'll go with Drogba!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

john12 wrote:Etoo easily. He is the Greatest and best ever to emerge from Africa and one of the greatest ever strikers the world has ever seen
Eto'o had the support cast and complement of quality service. Apart from when Amuneke, Finidi Okocha and Oliseh came on board doubt Yekini had same level of support in the National team and club and he banged in the goals for all those average teams from Portugal to Spain.
Yekini ,Eto'o then Drogba for me.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

When these so called support cast ( Amuneke, Finidi, Amokachi, Okocha and Oliseh) came on board onboard, Yekini goals started drying up due to infighting..

In Europe Yekini didn't play at elite level.. But He was good, however paved the way for other African strikers that came after and did better..
afc##
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

No George Weah?
I am happy
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

George Weah
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

imehjunior wrote:
john12 wrote:Etoo easily. He is the Greatest and best ever to emerge from Africa and one of the greatest ever strikers the world has ever seen
Eto'o had the support cast and complement of quality service. Apart from when Amuneke, Finidi Okocha and Oliseh came on board doubt Yekini had same level of support in the National team and club and he banged in the goals for all those average teams from Portugal to Spain.
Most of the teams Eto'o on played post 2004 were average yet he still produced.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

kalani JR wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Most of the teams Eto'o on played post 2004 were average yet he still produced.
Inter , Chelsea and the Russian millionaire club?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote:I'll go with Drogba!
Over Et'oo? Just asking. What exactly did Drogba do better than Et'oo? Et'oo like Drogba and was lethal both at club and NT levels. Then he could actually ball in the open field and that was never Drogba's forte.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Man from Senegal. Jules Bocande.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eto, for me, then Drogba and then Yekini
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is a really hard one. The only person I am not that familiar with is Bocande….But I’d dismiss Drogba right off the bat. As a center forward, he does not compare to Yekini or Eto’o.

Now, as to the choice between Yekini and Eto’o, I think I have to go with Eto’o. Its hard, but Eto’o showed his prowess at the highest club level, while Yekini showed his prowess at National level (but not the highest national level). Yes, if Yekini hadn’t spent his formative days outside of Europe, who can tell what he would have done?

I saw Yekini up close, and its hard to consider any African striker as good a center forward as he was. When Sunday Oliseh said a few weeks ago that Yekini was the greatest African striker, it rang true…But to be entirely clearheaded about it, a his “peak”, Eto’o had no center forward equal. His numbers don’t lie.

I do think Yekini was a bit fragile mentally too. He was a loner and had no use for team intrigues…in fact, from what I’ve heard, the intrigues bothered him, and took him off his game. That’s a shortcoming and can limit a player if he happens to land in non-ideal club/country situations. Eto’o and Drogba were very mentally tough. They could easily shut out the world and play their game

But when it comes to Weah or Drogba, I dismiss them right off the bat. Yekini was better than they were. Na who know know
Last edited by deanotito on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Musa aint gone like that man!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

blueangel wrote:George Weah
Negro please, Eto'o all the way...not even close, check numbers for both club and country.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
blueangel wrote:George Weah
Negro please, Eto'o all the way...not even close, check numbers for both club and country.
Please tell them.

Please tell them. I feel people get blindsided by the WPOY thing. My recollection was that football was in some kind of desert when Weah reigned supreme. He was not as good as the best that came just before him and just after him. After Weah’s era was Ronaldo…who was 3 times the striker Weah was. But he happened to be in the right place at the right time and spearheaded a very strong AC Millan team. But Weah was a 15 goal/season striker…Period. I’m not one to overly concentrate on the stats but let’s call a spade a spade. Eto’o played as a false 9 much of the time, and still scored more goals than Weah…consistently. Weah was a false-nothing. He was a center forward through and through….and couldn’t muster more than 15 goals??? Naah bro. Wasn’t even as good as Drogba
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Things we hear on cyber eagles Delusional bunchs. First of all, Eto’o was banging goals at Mallorca so I don’t get the ideology that Chelsea, inter shaped his performance. Also, he was a winner and important player at Cameroun 2acn, Olympics winner, top scorer etc clearly Africa best of all time
2) No matter how patriotic you’re, never say Yekini (rip) was better than drogba. Are you mad?? Is your brain ok? Drogba also performed for club and country he was the brainchild of ivc resurgence and unluckily didn’t win An ANC. Clubwise, drogba was voted Chelsea best of all time and is one of the biggest “big game players” of all time. Dude scored in 10 finals as in you have to be mad to say yekini (Rip)was better. Infact, if drogba had peaked at a younger age, he would had been my 1
1) Eto’o
2) Drogba
3) Yekini
4) bocande
Anyone that says otherwise is a lunatic
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

This guys always wanna tell us that Weah won WPOY 1 season to say he was better than Eto’o. Abeg I,sharrap ya mouth. The guy was good but wasn’t better than ETOo.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

imehjunior wrote:
easily Dennis Oliech!
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

[quote="john12"]Things we hear on cyber eagles Delusional bunchs. First of all, Eto’o was banging goals at Mallorca so I don’t get the ideology that Chelsea, inter shaped his performance. Also, he was a winner and important player at Cameroun 2acn, Olympics winner, top scorer etc clearly Africa best of all time
2) No matter how patriotic you’re, never say Yekini (rip) was better than drogba. Are you mad?? Is your brain ok? Drogba also performed for club and country he was the brainchild of ivc resurgence and unluckily didn’t win An ANC. Clubwise, drogba was voted Chelsea best of all time and is one of the biggest “big game players” of all time. Dude scored in 10 finals as in you have to be mad to say yekini (Rip)was better. Infact, if drogba had peaked at a younger age, he would had been my 1
1) Eto’o
2) Drogba
3) Yekini
4) bocande
Anyone that says otherwise is a lunatic[/quote]

Agree with you, but Lunatic???

Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos