Our Nura is being forced into premature retirement, at 21!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
Our Nura is being forced into premature retirement, at 21!

Post by Polly »

Nura Forced Into Premature Retirement By Heart Problem, Offered Roma Youth Team Job

https://www.completesports.com/nura-for ... -team-job/

[COMPLETE SPORTS]

Roma youngster Abdullahi Nura has been forced to retire from football, aged just 21, with a heart condition after returning from a two-year loan stint at AC Perugia, Completesports.com reports.

The Nigerian who was also tormented by knee injuries during his short playing career, has now been offered a role in the Italian giants’ youth team.

The former right-back prodigy was signed for £2million by Roma’s then-director of football Walter Sabatini in 2015 after impressing for Spezia’s U-19 squad.

Heart problems meant Nura spent his early career in Serie A on the sidelines before his progress was cruelly further hampered by an ACL tear that ruled him out in 2017.

The 21-year-old spent two years in the Campionato Primavera before making his Serie B debut last season on loan at Perugia.

It has now been confirmed that the minor surgery Nura underwent for the heart ailment years ago caused failure to pass the club’s physical tests.

Nura, once a target for Barcelona, had signed a five-year deal at Roma last summer and is now working with the Italian giants to cancel the balance of his contract.

It has been reported that the youngster will take up a role in the club’s youth sector to hopefully begin a longer and more fulfilling career in coaching.

By Adeboye Amosu
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our Nura is being forced into premature retirement, at 2

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Devastating for the boy :sad:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Devastating for the boy :sad:
after death comes a resurrection
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Devastating news for such a young talent.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

where is Kanu?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Oh man this is horrible to read.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

So sad. Hope he's able to find a fulfilling alternate career. Best wishes to the young lad!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

It just makes you appreciate how amazing Kanu's story is.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Could be the best thing to happen to him, preserves his life and gives him an alternate career that can actually outlast a soccer playing career.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
habash
Egg
Egg

Post by habash »

Good luck to him. Hopefully, a fix can be found to enable enjoy his past time again without fear.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Hmmmm.
Rumours of a turnaround?
All we know is that he had two heart surgeries in Italy, but we never got to find out the exact nature of the heart problem.
But Kanu defied all the odds back in the day, so why not Nura too? :idea:

EXCLUSIVE: Real Madrid target Nura Abdullahi says he will play again after heart problem ended career
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor December 22, 2020 2:25 pm
Nura Abdullahi on track for sensational comeback

Nura Abdullahi, who was once the target of Spanish giants Real Madrid, has exclusively informed SCORENigeria he hopes to be back playing professional football again after reports suggested his career was over no thanks to a heart condition.

In April 2019, the highly-rated fullback was forced to quit the game while playing for AS Roma after it was discovered he had problems with his heart.

Roma will subsequently agree to terminate his contract and hire him on their staff.

However, Nura has now told SCORENigeria he is on track to making a sensational comeback to the game after recent test results gave him a clean bill of health.

“With God everything is possible and I hope by God’s grace I will come back soon,” Nura Abdullahi informed only SCORENigeria

“I am very happy and I will come back stronger.

“The fans should continue to believe in me because I will always make them happy.”

His friend and one-time teammate at Roma, Sadiq Umar, gave a more detailed explanation to this amazing comeback.

“He has been waiting for different types of results and now he is okay and he is just waiting for a permit to come back to play,” Sadiq Umar told SCORENigeria

“He is even training harder than ever. He will be back.

“Yes, it’s not over for Nura in football. He even had a medical last week and the result was good.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-r ... ed-career/
A comeback would be great for such a talented kid.
We pray he makes it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:Hmmmm.
Rumours of a turnaround?
I never got to find out the exact nature of the "heart problem", but Kanu defied all the odds.
Why not Nura too?

EXCLUSIVE: Real Madrid target Nura Abdullahi says he will play again after heart problem ended career
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor December 22, 2020 2:25 pm
Nura Abdullahi on track for sensational comeback

Nura Abdullahi, who was once the target of Spanish giants Real Madrid, has exclusively informed SCORENigeria he hopes to be back playing professional football again after reports suggested his career was over no thanks to a heart condition.

In April 2019, the highly-rated fullback was forced to quit the game while playing for AS Roma after it was discovered he had problems with his heart.

Roma will subsequently agree to terminate his contract and hire him on their staff.

However, Nura has now told SCORENigeria he is on track to making a sensational comeback to the game after recent test results gave him a clean bill of health.

“With God everything is possible and I hope by God’s grace I will come back soon,” Nura Abdullahi informed only SCORENigeria

“I am very happy and I will come back stronger.

“The fans should continue to believe in me because I will always make them happy.”

His friend and one-time teammate at Roma, Sadiq Umar, gave a more detailed explanation to this amazing comeback.

“He has been waiting for different types of results and now he is okay and he is just waiting for a permit to come back to play,” Sadiq Umar told SCORENigeria

“He is even training harder than ever. He will be back.

“Yes, it’s not over for Nura in football. He even had a medical last week and the result was good.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-r ... ed-career/
A comeback would be great for such a talented kid.
We pray he makes it.

This is the best news I've heard all year. Hope this is true. Ifa is the way! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!