AFCON U17: NIGERIA 1 VS ANGOLA 2 (3RD PLACE MATCH) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON U17: NIGERIA 1 VS ANGOLA 2 (3RD PLACE MATCH) FT

Post by Rawlings »

Naija do well
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
okidoki wrote:Team like I said before, is the least talented technically and tactically of the last 3-4 squads. Aside Ubani and I think his name is Tijani in midfield. Nothing to get excited about.
9jaMan wrote:It’s time for manu to move on from the U17, his team selection is suspect and his tactics are not good enough. Simple and plain. Nigeria is too blessed with talented footballers to be allowing sentimentally compromised folks to ruin our soccer.
Igugu wrote:I second this statement. I know we have better players than these crop of players. No strikers at all. The play well in the middle but no striker up front to finish what was started in the middle. This coaching squad needs overhaul.
Totally disagree...

We went through this same premature judgment after Amuneke’s team finished in the same 4th place as the present team) at the 2015 U17 AFCON, but the corpus of that team went ahead to excel at the WC and threw up the likes of Osimhen, Chukwueze, Nwakali, Okonkwo and Kingsley Michael. Frankly, this group of players appear MORE technically talented than the 2015 group (but perhaps that’s due to Manu Garba’s all-attacking philosophy compared to Amuneke’s more cautious approach).
Exactly.

Just read the disparaging comments about the players and Amunike after the 1-0 semi-final loss to SA here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=258629

More shade thrown on Amunike & his team
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=258303

And the calls for his sack before the U17 WC
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=259198

What's new? The only thing that's new is that Solowe changed his name to JACKAL.
(Make I siddon relax as they all rush to see what they said at the time...)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
okidoki wrote:Team like I said before, is the least talented technically and tactically of the last 3-4 squads. Aside Ubani and I think his name is Tijani in midfield. Nothing to get excited about.
9jaMan wrote:It’s time for manu to move on from the U17, his team selection is suspect and his tactics are not good enough. Simple and plain. Nigeria is too blessed with talented footballers to be allowing sentimentally compromised folks to ruin our soccer.
Igugu wrote:I second this statement. I know we have better players than these crop of players. No strikers at all. The play well in the middle but no striker up front to finish what was started in the middle. This coaching squad needs overhaul.
Totally disagree...

We went through this same premature judgment after Amuneke’s team finished in the same 4th place as the present team) at the 2015 U17 AFCON, but the corpus of that team went ahead to excel at the WC and threw up the likes of Osimhen, Chukwueze, Nwakali, Okonkwo and Kingsley Michael. Frankly, this group of players appear MORE technically talented than the 2015 group (but perhaps that’s due to Manu Garba’s all-attacking philosophy compared to Amuneke’s more cautious approach).
Exactly.

Just read the disparaging comments about the players and Amunike after the 1-0 semi-final loss to SA here:

What's new? The only thing that's new is that Solowe changed his name to JACKAL.
Da Funk... Thanks for bringing back some of my greatest hits !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Totally disagree...

Exactly.

Da Funk... Thanks for bringing back some of my greatest hits !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Totally disagree...

Exactly.

You're welcome.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "