AFCON U17: NIGERIA 1 VS ANGOLA 2 (3RD PLACE MATCH) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON U17: NIGERIA 1 VS ANGOLA 2 (3RD PLACE MATCH)

Post by Gotti »

We carve and a miss a good scoring chance...
But the Angolans are now playing with more confidence.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Red card for Angola #2
Second yellow for fouls
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

That Zito is their star player being scouted by Man United...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Substitution, Nigeria U17. Divine Nwachukwu replaces Olatomi Olaniyan.
61' Attempt missed. Samson Tijani (Nigeria U17) right footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Wisdom Ubani.
60' Attempt blocked. Ibraheem Jabaar (Nigeria U17) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
58' Second yellow card to Porfirio (Angola U17) for a bad foul.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

How’s that not a PK?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

75th minute water break...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Are they going to give the Chelsea kid a look in so that they can cap him for Nigeria....
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

80' Attempt missed. Divine Nwachukwu (Nigeria U17) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left. Assisted by Ibraheem Jabaar.
78' Attempt blocked. Maestro (Angola U17) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
77' Delay over. They are ready to continue.
74' Foul by Olakunle Olusegun (Nigeria U17).
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

FT...
Lots of work to be done before Poland.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Gotti wrote:FT...
Brazil.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON U17: NIGERIA 1 VS ANGOLA 2 (3RD PLACE MATCH) FT

Post by Gotti »

Conversion rate has to be drastically improved... :oops:

Ultimately, this team could not score more than 1 goal in any game, except in the first game against Tanzania (who turned out to be arguably the worst team in the tournament). Yet, the team CONSISTENTLY carved out one great scoring chance after another in every single game.

Defense also needs some tweaking. Our FBs look great going forward, but are often badly caught out of position defending. Manu has a lot of work to do, because we will likely end up in a tough group.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oyek wrote:
Gotti wrote:FT...
Brazil.
Yeah, thanks...
Confused it with U20 WC.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON U17: NIGERIA 0 VS ANGOLA 0 (3RD PLACE MATCH)

Post by 9jaMan »

maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:It’s time for manu to move on from the U17, his team selection is suspect and his tactics are not good enough. Simple and plain. Nigeria is too blessed with talented footballers to be allowing sentimentally compromised folks to ruin our soccer.
You know this team and personnel well enough to make such a statement? Na real wa for you...

Unlike you some folks actually know their football. Numbers don’t lie as you must have seen the results. I would have told you to jump in a lake but that surely will make any living creature in the lake dumber.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Manu. Smh. I guess no Amunike to make him shine.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Every thread opened by jackal is a loss..what a jinx
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Team like I said before, is the least talented technically and tactically of the last 3-4 squads. Aside Ubani and I think his name is Tijani in midfield. Nothing to get excited about.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

9jaMan wrote:It’s time for manu to move on from the U17, his team selection is suspect and his tactics are not good enough. Simple and plain. Nigeria is too blessed with talented footballers to be allowing sentimentally compromised folks to ruin our soccer.

I second this statement. I know we have better players than these crop of players. No strikers at all. The play well in the middle but no striker up front to finish what was started in the middle. This coaching squad needs overhaul.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Every thread opened by jackal is a loss..what a jinx
Na lie….prove it !!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

okidoki wrote:Team like I said before, is the least talented technically and tactically of the last 3-4 squads. Aside Ubani and I think his name is Tijani in midfield. Nothing to get excited about.
Igugu wrote:I second this statement. I know we have better players than these crop of players. No strikers at all. The play well in the middle but no striker up front to finish what was started in the middle. This coaching squad needs overhaul.
Totally disagree...

We went through this same premature judgment after Amuneke’s team finished in the same 4th place as the present team) at the 2015 U17 AFCON, but the corpus of that team went ahead to excel at the WC and threw up the likes of Osimhen, Chukwueze, Nwakali, Okonkwo and Kingsley Michael. Frankly, this group of players appear MORE technically talented than the 2015 group (but perhaps that’s due to Manu Garba’s all-attacking philosophy compared to Amuneke’s more cautious approach).

Either way, technical talent is the definitely not the primary problem with this team! Virtually every player on the team is comfortable on the ball and able to take on opposing players (something that frankly I can recall only Chukwueze, Osimhen, Nwakali and perhaps Anumudu being able to consistently do in the 2015 squad - albeit it is impractical and perhaps even unfair to try to directly compare youth players across different coaches, tournaments and years).

Personally, I think this team (even with this particular group of player but I suspect there’s going to be some personnel shuffle before the WC) will do well in Brazil due to the following factors: (1) the late MRI test results probably disrupted the team a bit with 4 starters removed, including the GK who was one of the team’s star performers at the WAFU B qualifiers; (2) the officiating in this tournament was consistently subpar and atrocious in one case; (3) while the Dar es Salaam pitch was okay, the WC pitches should be much better (which suits a ball-playing team like this team); and (4) hopefully, Manu Garba carefully evaluates this performance and sort the TACTICS out (I think it was often dodgy here).

On the most important utility of youth football - i.e., producing prospects who may ULTIMATELY wind up in the SE squad, the jury has not even begun deliberations but Tijani and Ubani (if they continue on a steady professional developmental trajectory) look the two most promising early on. However, after the WC we hopefully should be in a position to better evaluate and judge which players hold the most promise. Good luck to the lads going forward and in Brazil, they did a decent enough job here!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Gotti wrote:
okidoki wrote:Team like I said before, is the least talented technically and tactically of the last 3-4 squads. Aside Ubani and I think his name is Tijani in midfield. Nothing to get excited about.
Igugu wrote:I second this statement. I know we have better players than these crop of players. No strikers at all. The play well in the middle but no striker up front to finish what was started in the middle. This coaching squad needs overhaul.
Totally disagree...

We went through this same premature judgment after Amuneke’s team finished in the same 4th place as the present team) at the 2015 U17 AFCON, but the corpus of that team went ahead to excel at the WC and threw up the likes of Osimhen, Chukwueze, Nwakali, Okonkwo and Kingsley Michael. Frankly, this group of players appear MORE technically talented than the 2015 group (but perhaps that’s due to Manu Garba’s all-attacking philosophy compared to Amuneke’s more cautious approach).

Either way, technical talent is the definitely not the primary problem with this team! Virtually every player on the team is comfortable on the ball and able to take on opposing players (something that frankly I can recall only Chukwueze, Osimhen, Nwakali and perhaps Anumudu being able to consistently do in the 2015 squad - albeit it is impractical and perhaps even unfair to try to directly compare youth players across different coaches, tournaments and years).

Personally, I think this team (even with this particular group of player but I suspect there’s going to be some personnel shuffle before the WC) will do well in Brazil due to the following factors: (1) the late MRI test results probably disrupted the team a bit with 4 starters removed, including the GK who was one of the team’s star performers at the WAFU B qualifiers; (2) the officiating in this tournament was consistently subpar and atrocious in one case; (3) while the Dar es Salaam pitch was okay, the WC pitches should be much better (which suits a ball-playing team like this team); and (4) hopefully, Manu Garba carefully evaluates this performance and sort the TACTICS out (I think it was often dodgy here).

On the most important utility of youth football - i.e., producing prospects who may ULTIMATELY wind up in the SE squad, the jury has not even begun deliberations but Tijani and Ubani (if they continue on a steady professional developmental trajectory) look the two most promising early on. However, after the WC we hopefully should be in a position to better evaluate and judge which players hold the most promise. Good luck to the lads going forward and in Brazil, they did a decent enough job here!
Good analysis ! I am impressed with this team, talented lad indeed, the coaches just need work on their finishing. This is U-17, am more interested in how many of the players would graduate to the senior side period !
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Highlights (in Arabic)...

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...not winning this will propel them further. Hope dey.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
You know this team and personnel well enough to make such a statement? Na real wa for you...

Unlike you some folks actually know their football. Numbers don’t lie as you must have seen the results. I would have told you to jump in a lake but that surely will make any living creature in the lake dumber.
Men please, you don't know who these boys were before this tournament, you simply do not know enough to make blanket statements like you normally do. Always whining without any sense, anyways carry on...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!