LIVERPOOL & MANCITY TRY TO LAND CHUKUWEZE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: LIVERPOOL & MANCITY TRY TO LAND CHUKUWEZE

Post by charlie »

King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
fledy wrote:Young man should not set foot at Man City.
Pep will ruin him totally
The way Pep ruined Sterling abi? Or Sane? Or Bernado Silva? or Jesus? :taunt:

I think playing with truly WC players will make our boy better. I just don't get the mentality of not shooting for the stars...
tap-in jesus? the guy hasn't improved one ounce since he came to city.

but that is beside the point... none of those guys are african, he will find himself in the reserves before no time.
I forgot all about Gabriel Jesus. Thanks for bringing him up. Here is what he is saying about playing for a "Top Team"

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-c ... ain-harder

His being a bench warmer for 3 straight years now. Anyone seeing him break into the starting 11 anytime soon? I dont think so.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I think playing with truly WC players will make our boy better. I just don't get the mentality of not shooting for the stars...

but that is beside the point... none of those guys are african, he will find himself in the reserves before no time.
I forgot all about Gabriel Jesus. Thanks for bringing him up. Here is what he is saying about playing for a "Top Team"

His being a bench warmer for 3 straight years now. Anyone seeing him break into the starting 11 anytime soon? I dont think so.
You forget he had a long injury layoff and is just really getting back to it, but is still getting games and chances to improve himself, it’s up to him to take it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Charlie, he will be part of the starting 11 rotation, he’s a 19 year old he doesn’t have to be starting every single game, but will be great to understudy the likes of Mane and Salah as a backup. Don’t you guys feel embarrassed we don’t have a single player at this stage of the CL? As a serious footballing nation how can we be telling our players who have a chance to be involved in this level of footie to instead stay and fight relegation battles?
Sorry bros, I hate to say this but if you really believe Chuks is ready to compete for a starting shirt at Liverpool, then that is a fundamental disagreement that we will just have to have.

Tell me, who he is going to replace in this squad?

or in this squad?

Bruh, you realize the super useless Origi got PT in this game, Wynaldum was used as a friggin striker. Liverpool are suffering from being in so many competitions without a large enough quality squad. You don’t want the drop in quality to be so much when you sub a starter. So yes this Liverpool first team squad could use a Samu. He clearly doesn’t have to be a starter every game but will get games based on the sheer number of cups they will be competing in.

I prefer Pool as City is more loaded, but we also don’t know who will be leaving in the off season.

But one thing I don’t get is your condescending view of Samu abilities, why would a team trigger his large buy out clause if they didn’t have room for him in their squad? Where they do that at?
I agree that Samu has the talent to definately break into a quality super-sub role, but my question in response is, how will spot appearances help his development?

Me I am just saying that at this critical point in his young career, playing 1st team football week in week out, is more important that coming off the bench on a top team.

Anyway, lets see wetin happen in a few months.
I have to travel tomorrow. Wishing you a good night!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

charlie wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Charlie, he will be part of the starting 11 rotation, he’s a 19 year old he doesn’t have to be starting every single game, but will be great to understudy the likes of Mane and Salah as a backup. Don’t you guys feel embarrassed we don’t have a single player at this stage of the CL? As a serious footballing nation how can we be telling our players who have a chance to be involved in this level of footie to instead stay and fight relegation battles?
Sorry bros, I hate to say this but if you really believe Chuks is ready to compete for a starting shirt at Liverpool, then that is a fundamental disagreement that we will just have to have.

Tell me, who he is going to replace in this squad?

or in this squad?

Bruh, you realize the super useless Origi got PT in this game, Wynaldum was used as a friggin striker. Liverpool are suffering from being in so many competitions without a large enough quality squad. You don’t want the drop in quality to be so much when you sub a starter. So yes this Liverpool first team squad could use a Samu. He clearly doesn’t have to be a starter every game but will get games based on the sheer number of cups they will be competing in.

I prefer Pool as City is more loaded, but we also don’t know who will be leaving in the off season.

But one thing I don’t get is your condescending view of Samu abilities, why would a team trigger his large buy out clause if they didn’t have room for him in their squad? Where they do that at?
I agree that Samu has the talent to definately break into a quality super-sub role, but my question in response is, how will spot appearances help his development?

Me I am just saying that at this critical point in his young career, playing 1st team football week in week out, is more important that coming off the bench on a top team.

I hear you, we all want the best for him. Safe travel sha.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

charlie wrote: I agree that Samu has the talent to definately break into a quality super-sub role, but my question in response is, how will spot appearances help his development?

With regards to the bolded, you couldn’t be more wrong. Practicing week in and week out with the very best players in the world is far better than first team football with a bunch of dummies. If playing time is all it’s about, he might as well transfer to the Sooting Stars. He’ll definitely play week in and week out :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

You forget he had a long injury layoff and is just really getting back to it, but is still getting games and chances to improve himself, it’s up to him to take it.
he hasn't had a long injury layoff this season? what are you talking about? (I often wonder that)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

You guys just love talking trash; as if it’s that easy to displace a Sergio Aguero or a Jamie Vardy :!:

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

You guys just love talking trash; as if it’s that easy to displace a Sergio Aguero or a Jamie Vardy :!:

Cheers.
he didn't have to displace anyone in Russia, the unquestioned number nine and...

MATCHES PLAYED
MINUTES PLAYED

GOALS
GOALS SCORED
PENALTIES SCORED
GOALS SCORED WITH THE LEFT FOOT
GOALS SCORED WITH THE RIGHT FOOT
HEADED GOALS
GOALS SCORED BY BACKHEEL

the guy is just not good enough
Saints baby we did it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

he hasn't had a long injury layoff this season? what are you talking about? (I often wonder that)
Always looking for a fight when nobody is even bothering with you. Yes Jesus is currently poor just like Mendy who also came back from a long injury layoff. But we are talking about Samu here, what’s your opinion, for the few that care :dream: :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote:
charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
he didn't have to displace anyone in Russia, the unquestioned number nine and...

MATCHES PLAYED
MINUTES PLAYED

GOALS
GOALS SCORED
PENALTIES SCORED
GOALS SCORED WITH THE LEFT FOOT
GOALS SCORED WITH THE RIGHT FOOT
HEADED GOALS
GOALS SCORED BY BACKHEEL

the guy is just not good enough
This guy and your illogic. When we discuss character, you choose to talk about cataracts. First of all, Aguero does not play for Brazil and he wasn’t even the preferred starter for Argentina. Secondly, neither Brazil nor Argentina is Manchester City. Thirdly, football isn't mathematics nor is it statistics. You talk about 5 matches and 0 goals and whatever else. Is it possible that had their been a sixth match, he could have scored 4 or even 5 goals? Of course it is. After all, people like you proclaimed Etebo a superstar after just one match at the Olympic Games yet here he is toiling in the 2nd division, attempting to avoid relegation. The fact that a given player is unable to crack the starting lineup of fantastic teams like Barcelona, Manchester City or Liverpool does not even begin to suggest they’re not good enough. It borders on moronic to reach that conclusion. Get real, man :!:

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maceo4 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Always looking for a fight when nobody is even bothering with you. Yes Jesus is currently poor just like Mendy who also came back from a long injury layoff. But we are talking about Samu here, what’s your opinion, for the few that care :dream: :taunt:
I come in peace as always, its just someone may have believed the nonsense you were spewing and told their friends, potentially getting laughed at.

as for my opinion, which is valued by the masses, Chukuweze, the Nigeria Robben is the truth, he should move anywhere but City.
Saints baby we did it
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

charlie wrote: I agree that Samu has the talent to definately break into a quality super-sub role, but my question in response is, how will spot appearances help his development?

With regards to the bolded, you couldn’t be more wrong. Practicing week in and week out with the very best players in the world is far better than first team football with a bunch of dummies. If playing time is all it’s about, he might as well transfer to the Sooting Stars. He’ll definitely play week in and week out :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
You can practice all you want and be a punching bag but still be lack match fitness.

On the other hand, you could play real matches for a team that plays European footie, against the top players deep into the season.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I come in peace as always, its just someone may have believed the nonsense you were spewing and told their friends, potentially getting laughed at.

as for my opinion, which is valued by the masses, Chukuweze, the Nigeria Robben is the truth, he should move anywhere but City.
But when did I say he had a long injury layoff this season? Truth is before his injury he was doing well, and hasn’t gotten back to that form since coming back. Which is a fair and balanced point when looking at his overall time in City. Similar thing with Mendy.

But the overall point is Pep is still giving then PT to get back their form and that’s all you can ask and would expect from a team buying Samu, they would find PT for him else they wouldn’t have invested in getting him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maceo4 wrote:

But when did I say he had a long injury layoff this season? Truth is before his injury he was doing well, and hasn’t gotten back to that form since coming back. Which is a fair and balanced point when looking at his overall time in City. Similar thing with Mendy.

But the overall point is Pep is still giving then PT to get back their form and that’s all you can ask and would expect from a team buying Samu, they would find PT for him else they wouldn’t have invested in getting him.
You forget he had a long injury layoff and is just really getting back to it,
what did you mean by is just really getting back to it?

both Sane and tap-in have been complaining about their playing time recently, Pep is the person you want to go to, if you are young and want your career stagnated.
Saints baby we did it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

King Futcha wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

You forget he had a long injury layoff and is just really getting back to it,
what did you mean by is just really getting back to it?

both Sane and tap-in have been complaining about their playing time recently, Pep is the person you want to go to, if you are young and want your career stagnated.
We don't have to belabor the point, but I didn't mean he got injured this season, just that he hasn't hit his previous form post injury. I agree with you if I had to choose between City and Pool for Samu, it would be Pool in a heartbeat. City are stacked and the ones already there are fighting for limited minutes. But once you do get those minutes and you play well you will get more under Pep esp. if he's the one that bought you.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Actually, if he has to go to the EPL, and a top four side, I think he has the best chance at Chelsea.

Eden loves drifting in from the left flank and the right flank is usually left for Willian and the new kid Hudson-Odoi.

I think he'll have a legit claim in there
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:Actually, if he has to go to the EPL, and a top four side, I think he has the best chance at Chelsea.

Eden loves drifting in from the left flank and the right flank is usually left for Willian and the new kid Hudson-Odoi.

I think he'll have a legit claim in there

He should go where he is wanted and hopefully where there is stability. He is good but still developing, hence he needs a coach that would nurture him. I doubt that would be Chelsea. Liverpool ahead of Chelsea.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

He will be welcome at Chelsea where he continue the long tradition of Chelsea having Nigerian players since 1997.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

He should go to Liverpool. I see him easily displacing Shaqiri and Nabir Keita in the rotation :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

He should go to Liverpool. I see him easily displacing Shaqiri and Nabir Keita in the rotation :!:

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He should not go anywhere near the EPL.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There’s no way his getting playing time at Liverpool or city. Do y’all realize that the likes of origi, sturridge, shaquiri are all forward players that can’t even get into Liverpool first 11. Mind you, these are all experienced players that chukwueze is presently not better than. As good as chukwueze has been, he hasn’t even scored 10 goals in all competitions this season. The guy should stay At Villarreal for now and make a calculated decision later on or go and chop money and forget about starting
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:There’s no way his getting playing time at Liverpool or city. Do y’all realize that the likes of origi, sturridge, shaquiri are all forward players that can’t even get into Liverpool first 11. Mind you, these are all experienced players that chukwueze is presently not better than. As good as chukwueze has been, he hasn’t even scored 10 goals in all competitions this season. The guy should stay At Villarreal for now and make a calculated decision later on or go and chop money and forget about starting
Says the guy always using the excuse we don’t have any players at top teams. We finally have a chance to have one and you are here ‘shaking’. Teams are fluid so you don’t know who will be leaving or staying in the off season. Besides that he is a winger Liverpool play 2 wingers each would need a sub, but the only sub winger is Shaquiri so yea if they are paying that money for him they have a spot him that’s for sure.
Super Eagus 4 Life!