In case anyone gives a toodle, SA 2, Benin 0 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

...this people have messed up my day...I am so pissed off I can't even concentrate on work.... :x
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:Yemster and those watching the game, how do you assess Benin? Are they strong on the collective?
They're average; had a few chances here and there but superior opposition would tear them apart but I guess we hardly qualify as superior opposition considerng the quality of our bench.

They will definitely finish bottom.

Nomvete just missed another chance.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

We need GOALS! LOTS OF THEM
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

My brother:
You aint alone. This is a terrible time of the year for me. I have been terribly unproductive to the point where my missus pointed out that I should have taken my vacation now as opposed to December!
mister dolly wrote:...this people have messed up my day...I am so pissed off I can't even concentrate on work.... :x
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Dodo wrote:We need GOALS! LOTS OF THEM
from who ? ? We need a team first
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yemster:
How about the S Africans?
theYemster wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Yemster and those watching the game, how do you assess Benin? Are they strong on the collective?
They're average; had a few chances here and there but superior opposition would tear them apart but I guess we hardly qualify as superior opposition considerng the quality of our bench.

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

juventuss wrote:
Dodo wrote:We need GOALS! LOTS OF THEM
from who ? ? We need a team first
Please allow me to wallow in my dispair. i gots to face some english lads tomorrow and i aint ot a leg to stand on
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

YUJAM wrote:Yemster:
theYemster wrote:

Not much better.Their midfield players have been passengers and its just the naivete of the Benenois that has let them down.They certainly have not played better than the Benenois.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Yujam, my point exactly! See the highlighted text.
YUJAM wrote:Yemster:
theYemster wrote:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

These benin dudes are dunces; they're 2 goals down; 3 mins into injury time (out of 3 mins added), and they are still backpassing into their won half after getting into SA's box.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

2-0 SA fulltime:

standings
SA
Morocco
Nigeria
Benin

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Its all over and honestly I can't even confidently say we will beat SA cuzthis our coaching crew get as e be.
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

Thats it Guys!!!
Looks like SA can boast of having a team. The middlefield is still suspect though, a good team will reap them apart. Credit to them for getting the results though.
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

SE is in trouble :cry: We have to score lots of goals just to have a chance on the final day
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Houston we have a problem!!!!!!!!! The overhype Eagles suck and we know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

mister dolly wrote:...this people have messed up my day...I am so pissed off I can't even concentrate on work.... :x
Believe me you are not alone. Well we have our work cut out for us now. Win 2 or go home. :x :(
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I think the Eagles can beat S Africa!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

YUJAM wrote:I think the Eagles can beat S Africa!
Thats what i said against morocco yesterday. WHO THE FURK goes 4-2-4 with KANU ? :twisted:
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

Robbynice wrote:
Believe me you are not alone. Well we have our work cut out for us now. Win 2 or go home. :x :(
Not only win two but score lots of goals to offset the goal difference!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:I think the Eagles can beat S Africa!
Yujam, a Chukwuless Eagles yes, but with that dude on the bench, I am not sure the Eagles can even beat an egg.

For all we know the moron could push Seyi upfront to partner JAG. 4-2-4 kai! And here we were complaining about him and 4-4-2.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Ahhhhhhh, what a breath of fresh air.
A team whose fans do not boast about how they are
going to beat the living daylight out of all other teams in Africa, even though they haven't won anything since the beginning of the British empire, but just goes about the business of playing like a team and winning.

Congratulation S.A, good effort Benin.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

I said in another thread after the RSA/BENIN match that we are in deep sh**. Even in a "FELELE or Bombom" 5-a-side game, you get dumped if you cannot "MARK". The team CCC paraded today had 4 + 1 passengers. The 4 - YAK, KANU, UTTAKA and later IKEDIA cannot "mark" (excuse the local parlance), and the 1 - Okoronkwo - justified his coach's and Ayo's assessment of him. The guy is a liability for aerial balls and wasn't inspiring on ground balls either.

What to do ?

Play hungry guys (Enarkhire, Ekong, Orjinta, Osaze, Ekwueme) like Pa ONI did against England in the WC 2002?.

Play same guys and hope they'll at least struggle to save their own reputations.

Like a commentator once said - The only thing PREDICTABLE about the SE is their UNPREDICTABILITY. I hope he's right this time around.

I would love CCC and JJ & co to surprise me.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS