IS LA LIGA STILL FAR SUPERIOR TO THE EPL?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IS LA LIGA STILL FAR SUPERIOR TO THE EPL?

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:Who cares.
Bitter leaf

Or

Bitter Cola

Or

Bitter Ness?

:taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

when they talk about fans being the 12th player, Anfield yesterday demonstrated that to a T. Must say I was impressed.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

pajimoh wrote:
Bitter leaf

Or

Bitter Cola

Or

Bitter Ness?

We have this debate every other month and it starts with people repeating the same tired points, before cic and tfco start posting memes and tweets uninterrupted for 8 pages straight, before someone bumps the thread after the next La Liga loss in Europe to mock Yujam.

Comparing leagues is mostly an exercise in futility. What are we comparing? Culture, coaching, quality of games, player development, team strength (how strong the weakest teams are or how strong the strongest teams are) etc.

People are largely just going to choose the team their favorite team plays in. Thus this being a more subjective debate.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Bitter leaf

Or

Bitter Cola

Or

Bitter Ness?

We have this debate every other month and it starts with people repeating the same tired points, before cic and tfco start posting memes and tweets uninterrupted for 8 pages straight, before someone bumps the thread after the next La Liga loss in Europe to mock Yujam.

Comparing leagues is mostly an exercise in futility. What are we comparing? Culture, coaching, quality of games, player development, team strength (how strong the weakest teams are or how strong the strongest teams are) etc.

People are largely just going to choose the team their favorite team plays in. Thus this being a more subjective debate.
you must be fun at parties..smh ITK
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Piff, couldn’t agree more, the past decade has been a spectator’s delight and privilege, but alas, there is none greater than time. The unseen master, that of longevity beyond the ever living Mumraa, King Time has cometh. Brethren, behold the precipice, beyond which is the unthinkable yet inevitable decline of prominence of the gods of now, Chukwu Messi and ChiR7. It has been nothing short of fabulous viewing.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Bitter leaf

Or

Bitter Cola

Or

Bitter Ness?

True. The pendulum swings, sometimes briefly and sometimes.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Coach wrote:@Piff, couldn’t agree more, the past decade has been a spectator’s delight and privilege, but alas, there is none greater than time. The unseen master, that of longevity beyond the ever living Mumraa, King Time has cometh. Brethren, behold the precipice, beyond which is the unthinkable yet inevitable decline of prominence of the gods of now, Chukwu Messi and ChiR7. It has been nothing short of fabulous viewing.
pure rubbish... maybe you need to take a history lesson at teams with more pedigree when it comes to the Champs league..Pool as far as European competitions are miles ahead of Barca( this is their 9th final) They've won it more than Barca..Barca just started winning the champs league in this era

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... gue_finals( The English Teams do produce way more winners( different clubs) when it comes to the champs league, United, Pool, Chelsea, Villa , Forest) 5 . No other Team in Europe can match that..Spain gives you Barca and Real, ITaly, gives, You 3 or 4... same with Germany, Holland etc ...How often must i educate yall

From 77-87, the English teams won 7 out of the last 8 champs league

[/video]
finalist from 93
Spain has 18 Champs league with the EPl having 12 . However out of the 18 champs league Real has 13 wins..( win know Real owns that tourney)
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed May 08, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperEagles

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Damunk wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Nna, with the way things are going, football is feeling more like wrestling to me now.

Feels very staged.
Can you elaborate, please?

I'm seeing the same thing with boxing now. Most of the fights are staged now.
Of course, football is all staged. Can't you see it? Those players who leave it all on the pitch, race around the field at lung and heart bursting speed, who play with such intensity, who cry when they win or lose and are so exhilarated when they win, they must be such great actors that I don't know why they are even playing football when they could be winning Oscars in Hollywood. :idea:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Hahaha!!! It just feels that way.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yesterday entered the top 10 sweetest football days of my life. I could use the tears of Barca and Messi bomboys to run my generator. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

airwolex wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yesterday entered the top 10 sweetest football days of my life. I could use the tears of Barca and Messi bomboys to run my generator. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg no blow up your country o. That no be petrol na enriched uranium
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You no add tears of the Anglophobes join? :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Nna, with the way things are going, football is feeling more like wrestling to me now.

Feels very staged.

Of course, football is all staged. Can't you see it? Those players who leave it all on the pitch, race around the field at lung and heart bursting speed, who play with such intensity, who cry when they win or lose and are so exhilarated when they win, they must be such great actors that I don't know why they are even playing football when they could be winning Oscars in Hollywood. :idea:
WWE fighters also "leave it all" in the ring and even develop serious, life-threatening injuries, but the whole thing is staged. It's easy to stage a sporting event. In a fast-paced event, you just need to take your foot off the gas a tiny bit to influence the results and everything would look normal to the unsuspecting eye. In boxing, for example, you just need to drop your guard a tiny bit to stage what appears to be a spectacular knockout.

I'm not saying the Liverpool vs Barcelona game was staged (although the Barcelona defending was bizarre, to say the least) but I'm seeing a lot of staging in multimillion-dollar events now I'm beginning to wonder how far this goes.

Once you open your eyes and start looking you'll begin to see what you previously couldn't see.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

be like say EPl don carry the entire Europe ppppp
SuperEagles

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

SO IT'S NOW POSSIBLE TO HAVE ALL EPL TEAMS IN CL AND EUROPA FINALS?
END OF DISCUSSION. THANK YOU LIVERFOOL AND TOTOHAM :clap: :clap: :clap:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Madrid and Barca will still, keep attracting the very top players. At least for the meantime. Mainly due to the history, but if Brexit doesn’t damage Epl. Expect like I told Yujam, like 3 years ago. The EPL to slowly dominate all tournaments with time.
It’s like I told him, the case of a rising tide lifting all boats. The National teams, senior and youth. There’s just too much money, in the Epl. It’s like, those that understudied all the NBA did right, marketing wise. Took the packaging, to a whole new level. They are attracting the best coaches, nutritionists, etc.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Orion wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote:

Feels very staged.

WWE fighters also "leave it all" in the ring and even develop serious, life-threatening injuries, but the whole thing is staged. It's easy to stage a sporting event. In a fast-paced event, you just need to take your foot off the gas a tiny bit to influence the results and everything would look normal to the unsuspecting eye. In boxing, for example, you just need to drop your guard a tiny bit to stage what appears to be a spectacular knockout.

I'm not saying the Liverpool vs Barcelona game was staged (although the Barcelona defending was bizarre, to say the least) but I'm seeing a lot of staging in multimillion-dollar events now I'm beginning to wonder how far this goes.

Once you open your eyes and start looking you'll begin to see what you previously couldn't see.
OK. I've always seen you as kinda weird. You have confirmed it with this post.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Orion wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote:

Feels very staged.

Bros I am giving some real thought to this your post , It seems far fetched but something has not looked right about this big football matches to me in recent weeks. Look at that 4th Liverpool goal yesterday.

All this amazing comebacks hmmmmm......
To God be the glory
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote:

Feels very staged.

OK. I've always seen you as kinda weird. You have confirmed it with this post.
I've always seen you as kinda low in conscious awareness. You have confirmed it here.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:These things work in cycles. I must say that it's shocking the way Barcelona gave up.
They didn't give up. Dem no get answer to pools intensity. Dem think say 3 goals cushion will see them through
Yup.
A lot of people just find it difficult to give genuine credit to Liverpool or other EPL teams.
Rather, they'd blame Barca or RM or Juventus for not being up to speed, which implies the EPL teams are not deserving and didn't really win on their own merit.
Don't get it twisted I believe Liverpool are a better team than Barcelona. The Catalans have been living off their name for a while. The problem with these teams are that they are used to whipping up their lopsided leagues that they don't know how to answer intensity for 90 mins. There's too much money in the EPL for it not to dominate.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

I give absolute credit to Liverpool and YES, I'm a Barcelona fan
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This year, EPL has absolutely dominated European competition.

Respect is due. Next year, we shall see.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: