95% of Topics on the First Page of Cyber Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: 95% of Topics on the First Page of Cyber Eagles

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
wiseone wrote:Perhaps foreign leagues like La Liga and EPL should have their own sub-pages on CE?
pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:
1naija wrote:.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!
In total agreement. I hereby move that a forum be created strictly for the EPL and European Leagues. The Eagles Nest should be only for Nigerian football related items, and as the name imples, for the Eagles...the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other national teams.
That's guaranteed to kill the SE section of EN. Nigeria in all our various age related teams are not active enough to sustain a healthy, vibrant conversation.
You people should be careful what you ask for.
When was the last time most of you contributed to the Nigerian league thread?

You should be glad the pages are being refreshed regularly. Try going to Ghanaweb
Eagles Nest will be barren if that happens. A good amount of CEs don't have regular access to Nigerian Premier League games, the Super Eagles aren't playing week in and week out. In addition messageboards are dying out thanks to twitter and whatsapp.
you will fill the void with your one liners that go over most posters heads.
I'm pivoting to starting beefs and dissing assanal.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:If you check the threads carefully, only a handful of people with questionable employment status flood this board with EPL and Europeans football threads. All these talk about the forum will die off if we ban such threads is not based on any statistics. I say we try it for 6 months and if the forum does indeed die off, I will personally beg those JB-less members to come back. It's not like they have any gaddem job that will keep them busy once they leave here.
Your problem is you're a typical naija politician that says they should vote for him and see if he won't deliver. :tic: Try wetin for 6 months?
Use what is staring you in the face - look at all the threads with 100,000 - 900,000 views and imagine those traffic and contribution never exist?
It's ironic you want European football chat banned but we can still talk politics, business, other sports in Cyber Eagles.

Face facts, if you remove club football chats from everyone's record, their post numbers will probably drop by 90%.

I'm all for separating other football from Super Eagles football but I can tell you now, the SE section will see reduced postings and it would be seasonal - based on what our teams are up to

You then have to resolve where we post our players and their club exploits - is it going to be in Eagles Nest of in the newly created "Other Football" thread?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:If you check the threads carefully, only a handful of people with questionable employment status flood this board with EPL and Europeans football threads. All these talk about the forum will die off if we ban such threads is not based on any statistics. I say we try it for 6 months and if the forum does indeed die off, I will personally beg those JB-less members to come back. It's not like they have any gaddem job that will keep them busy once they leave here.
Your problem is you're a typical naija politician that says they should vote for him and see if he won't deliver. :tic: Try wetin for 6 months?
Use what is staring you in the face - look at all the threads with 100,000 - 900,000 views and imagine those traffic and contribution never exist?
It's ironic you want European football chat banned but we can still talk politics, business, other sports in Cyber Eagles.

Face facts, if you remove club football chats from everyone's record, their post numbers will probably drop by 90%.

I'm all for separating other football from Super Eagles football but I can tell you now, the SE section will see reduced postings and it would be seasonal - based on what our teams are up to

You then have to resolve where we post our players and their club exploits - is it going to be in Eagles Nest of in the newly created "Other Football" thread?
You don't have to chat Arsenal or Man U or Barcelona etc on a Super Eagles forum. Go to those forums where your opinion will be appreciated. We don't appreciate you club football opinion here. In fact I don't think we appreciate your opinion at all at all.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

pajimoh wrote:

Some people like to create crisis when there is none ... My Good "fiend" 1Naija will fight with himself in a locked room if it were possible over something he got mad at himself over so ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On the real though 1naija is good peoples overall You should see him flossing on FB With his Alapasco the Tailor and Jimoh Hong Kong trim fit belle hugging suits :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Blame assnal fans for spamming this forum, another wanna feel among us pajimoh. the guy is trying so hard to get noticed by forcing spurs on this forum, I was able to do damage control. But none of yall added anything when it comes to SE news..not to talkless of the ghanian tfco whontrolls the forum along with cic using Twitter
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Obong wrote:
1naija wrote:.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!
In total agreement. I hereby move that a forum be created strictly for the EPL and European Leagues. The Eagles Nest should be only for Nigerian football related items, and as the name imples, for the Eagles...the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other national teams.
Oga, this is a User Generated Topic forum.

We have worked diligently to curtail and streamline posts that tend to make this site look Eurocentric (abi na EPL centric).

We encourage USERS to bring topics that have more Naijarian content.

That being said, most European leagues are rounding up. Champions League saw two matches that will even make non-football fans take notice. It will be disingenuous for us not to discuss multiple side plots stemming from such an encounter. The two matches on their own didn't have a separate game thread. It was carried on their respective season thread.

I will like to encourage you and Uncle 1Naira and all others who have issues seeing a preponderance of non-Naija related footie topics to please help us by providing content and news material worthy for us to discuss on Eagles Nest.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:pajimoh,

You do not need Nigerian football to occur daily for the website to be sustained. There was rarely anything about EPL and other Euro Leagues when this website began back in 1994 or thereabouts but yet it was sustainable. What is now happening on this site is what is happening in Nigeria where EPL has overrun local football.

IMHO, calling this site Eagles Nest is a travesty because it might be more appropriately titled global soccer. It has little to do with Nigeria's Super Eagles, or Nigerian football for that matter. IMHO, soon we will be overtaken by other sites discussing strictly Nigerian football. As of the moment, several WhatsApp groups have begun to emerge to do this. It is only a matter of time. Several contributors/members have left because of this EPL focus. Some, as far as I know, are contributing regularly on Nigerian football in emerging WhatsApp Groups.

We once had a niche but sadly that niche has disappeared. That is a fact.
pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!
That's guaranteed to kill the SE section of EN. Nigeria in all our various age related teams are not active enough to sustain a healthy, vibrant conversation.

You should be glad the pages are being refreshed regularly. Try going to Ghanaweb
Prof., what's your suggestion on how to remedy this?

In truth, there are only a few hardcore Naija footie fans. The rest just like in Naija are EPL fanatics.

That's the sad reality.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:I think the way Tottenham fans handle their stuff on here should be commended. They generally have one large thread that is updated for each match they are in, be it league or cups, and they comment in there. Manure fans show a slightly similar restraint, except for a certain busi-body voyeur troll who spams the forum by opening multiple Manure threads and other threads goading other teams. If each team could have ONE dedicated THREAD assigned to it, or we do it by major leagues, that may help to clean up the forum a bit, and at the same time avoid creating ghost forums where Naija football is not discussed.

My 2 cents.
We have begged other fans to emulate Great Chief IAG and his fellow Spudites.

Liverpool fans have done the same so have some Arsenal fans.

The most stubborn of them all is Tifco and his multiple ManU threads.

It is still a work in progress.

The best cure for what ails us is for USERS to bring more Naija related threads. We have Naija players playing for EPL teams and other European teams so we can't avoid EPL and European content.

What I find funny is that there are NO threads that I am aware of that discusses specific Naija based teams. Even the thread on Naija league that is stickied hardly gets any followers but the same set of followers.

We need someone that will agree to be our Naija League Correspondent that will help advertise Game of the Week. Or even profile some stars of the League.

Senior Uncle 1Naija has not posted a gaddem thing about Sharks, Dolphins, Rivers United and other water-based animal FC but will be complaining about lack of Naija content. Na me go go find content for am? His governor sef na big Madrid fan... and doesn't give a toss about Rivers United FC.

Even with the aid of Google, bobo no go fit name first Eleven of any team or the place they play in...

But he wan send pesin like houseboy to go find am news about Naija footie that he won't even read... or even use emoji acknowledge that he saw it but didn't bother reading it...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!
Thank you sir. This is what I have always wanted.
I suggest that either you or Obong run a pool asking the forumers if it is what they want.
We will sticky it for a month.

Ps., I am mindful that such things in the past have not worked out. The solution remains for USER defined content.
Pps., where will content of Naijarian players playing in Europe fall under? Eagles Nest? or The European/International Football?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This place will be like a graveyard without foreign threads. You people whine too much. I have never opened one Tottenham or Arsenal thread it wouldn't bother me if there was a 100 on the first page. Just find what interests you and fire away. Why moan about what other people find interesting?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

We have worked diligently to curtail and streamline posts that tend to make this site look Eurocentric (abi na EPL centric).

That being said, most European leagues are rounding up. Champions League saw two matches that will even make non-football fans take notice. It will be disingenuous for us not to discuss multiple side plots stemming from such an encounter. The two matches on their own didn't have a separate game thread. It was carried on their respective season thread.

I will like to encourage you and Uncle 1Naira and all others who have issues seeing a preponderance of non-Naija related footie topics to please help us by providing content and news material worthy for us to discuss on Eagles Nest.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ohsee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:I think the way Tottenham fans handle their stuff on here should be commended. They generally have one large thread that is updated for each match they are in, be it league or cups, and they comment in there. Manure fans show a slightly similar restraint, except for a certain busi-body voyeur troll who spams the forum by opening multiple Manure threads and other threads goading other teams. If each team could have ONE dedicated THREAD assigned to it, or we do it by major leagues, that may help to clean up the forum a bit, and at the same time avoid creating ghost forums where Naija football is not discussed.

My 2 cents.
We have begged other fans to emulate Great Chief IAG and his fellow Spudites.

Liverpool fans have done the same so have some Arsenal fans.

The most stubborn of them all is Tifco and his multiple ManU threads.

It is still a work in progress.

The best cure for what ails us is for USERS to bring more Naija related threads. We have Naija players playing for EPL teams and other European teams so we can't avoid EPL and European content.

What I find funny is that there are NO threads that I am aware of that discusses specific Naija based teams. Even the thread on Naija league that is stickied hardly gets any followers but the same set of followers.

We need someone that will agree to be our Naija League Correspondent that will help advertise Game of the Week. Or even profile some stars of the League.

Senior Uncle 1Naija has not posted a gaddem thing about Sharks, Dolphins, Rivers United and other water-based animal FC but will be complaining about lack of Naija content. Na me go go find content for am? His governor sef na big Madrid fan... and doesn't give a toss about Rivers United FC.

Even with the aid of Google, bobo no go fit name first Eleven of any team or the place they play in...

But he wan send pesin like houseboy to go find am news about Naija footie that he won't even read... or even use emoji acknowledge that he saw it but didn't bother reading it...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kai, Ogbuefi sef. You bad pass me oh. :lol: See as you jos take style skatta my Senior Uncle jos like dat. Have mercy biko. Mercy is a virtue. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

When was this secret designation as a user general forum made? It certainly wasn't a user general forum when Allard or even Larry was running the site. This must be a new categorization that was made without the knowledge of the general forum.

I contribute plenty of topics and threads that support the original spirit of the board. Instead trying to silence people that are trying to highlight the silliness going on on the Eagles nest by saying they should post Nigeria football related topics on the forum, you as the "oga at the top" should be finding out why people like Suya, KoC, ikwerreman, and others who used to post Nigeria football related topics regularly now do so regularly on other forums and other websites.

The Eagles Nest is dead! And it's not because of 1naija not posting Nigeia soccer related topics, but because of the systematic conversion of the forum to a European football discussion website ... I mean User General Topic Forum!

READ THE FORUM BANNER! 1naija didnt write that. It's a shame that we are making concerted effort to kill the very reason you, I, and everyone else joined the forum.

Return the site back to a Nigeria football soccer website, and let it die if we can't sustain it with topics. Like I said, this is now a Europen soccer website. Even Allard wouldn't have made it so!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

When was this secret designation as a user general forum made? It certainly wasn't a user general forum when Allard or even Larry was running the site. This must be a new categorization that was made without the knowledge of the general forum.

I contribute plenty of topics and threads that support the original spirit of the board. Instead trying to silence people that are trying to highlight the silliness going on on the Eagles nest by saying they should post Nigeria football related topics on the forum, you as the "oga at the top" should be finding out why people like Suya, KoC, ikwerreman, and others who used to post Nigeria football related topics regularly now do so regularly on other forums and other websites.

The Eagles Nest is dead! And it's not because of 1naija not posting Nigeia soccer related topics, but because of the systematic conversion of the forum to a European football discussion website ... I mean User General Topic Forum!

READ THE FORUM BANNER! 1naija didnt write that. It's a shame that we are making concerted effort to kill the very reason you, I, and everyone else joined the forum.

Return the site back to a Nigeria football soccer website, and let it die if we can't sustain it with topics. Like I said, this is now a Europen soccer website. Even Allard wouldn't have made it so!!!
Very Senior Uncle, it has ALWAYS been a "User Generated Content" site.

Folk leave for whatever reason they choose to.

When everyone knew everyone, folks didn't take "yabis" to heart. There has been a growth of some juvenile stuff (banter) that is not everyone's cup of tea. Morever, there are other sources of news articles and social media interaction for Naija footie. People outgrow stuff. Their interests change... some of the people you listed have found other ways to monetize their interest in football. For some of us, it remains a hobby.

The site can not be returned to a Naijarian (only) Football website via fiat.

The Users can do their own part by generating Naija related content. We will do our own part to moderate the site and merge threads.

Help us serve you better by doing your own part.

Again, someone can open a poll asking for a Naija exclusive content and a separate forum for African/International Forum. Hope unlike "Eve's Corner", it should be better thought out?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

When everyone knew everyone, folks didn't take "yabis" to heart. There has been a growth of some juvenile stuff (banter) that is not everyone's cup of tea. Morever, there are other sources of news articles and social media interaction for Naija footie. People outgrow stuff. Their interests change... some of the people you listed have found other ways to monetize their interest in football. For some of us, it remains a hobby.

The Users can do their own part by generating Naija related content. We will do our own part to moderate the site and merge threads.

Again, someone can open a poll asking for a Naija exclusive content and a separate forum for African/International Forum. Hope unlike "Eve's Corner", it should be better thought out?

But you can't go to an Arsenal, Man U, or Barcelona fans forum and start posting things about Nigeria soccer there. I have nothing against people supporting their clubs, but whether you agree or not, there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a.Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players playing in the so-called European league. Something is wrong when we say if we dont discuss Man u, liverpool, Barcelona, Ajax, etc on a Nigerian soccer forum that it will die.

I am not asking you anyone to return the forum to Nigerian soccer forum by fiat, I am saying don't make it a European soccer website by fiat. That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics, post your own Nigeria soccer related topics. That's like saying if you don't like the way the Buhari government is running Nigeria, you should go and run for president.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

But you can't go to an Arsenal, Man U, or Barcelona fans forum and start posting things about Nigeria soccer there. I have nothing against people supporting their clubs, but whether you agree or not, there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a.Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players playing in the so-called European league. Something is wrong when we say if we dont discuss Man u, liverpool, Barcelona, Ajax, etc on a Nigerian soccer forum that it will die.

I am not asking you anyone to return the forum to Nigerian soccer forum by fiat, I am saying don't make it a European soccer website by fiat. That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics, post your own Nigeria soccer related topics. That's like saying if you don't like the way the Buhari government is running Nigeria, you should go and run for president.
Very senior Uncle, I have asked that forumers conduct a poll.
I have also asked that forumers meanwhile help us by providing more Naija footie related content.

You've voiced a concern. I proffered ways to help address it.

Do you have other suggestions?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Make me a mod, I've shown exemplary behavior, I've never been banned and I'm widely loved in these parts.

My first task will be to improve and increase the discourse of Nigerian football.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

1naija wrote:

This is true but we have to face our reality

My hypothesis is that in real life many Nigerian (and African) fans do not get enthusiastic responses from "fellow" supporters when they go to forums dedicated to "their" clubs and by default this is one of the few places on the internet that isn't like Oshodi bus stop (shout out to *****land :D ) where they can discuss "their" club business.
Perhaps we could capitalize on this gap in the market somehow to our advantage without having to wade through 10 threads each on Manyuu, Manseaty, Charlsea, or what Arsene Wenger said after breakfast on July 12 2007.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Sun May 12, 2019 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Was thinking the same thing myself today. One month from AFCON and no-one really posting much about SE...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Paveman wrote:Was thinking the same thing myself today. One month from AFCON and no-one really posting much about SE...
Haba! You want people to discuss AFCON and kill off the site pata pata. Abeg o. Please post more interesting topic like Tottenham and liverpool.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

1naija wrote:
Paveman wrote:Was thinking the same thing myself today. One month from AFCON and no-one really posting much about SE...
Haba! You want people to discuss AFCON and kill off the site pata pata. Abeg o. Please post more interesting topic like Tottenham and liverpool.
I am with you on this one.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular,

My solutions are, I believe, doable and I list them below:

1. We already have several fora/forums under the title "Soccer Related." Why not create a forum/category designated European or Non-Nigerian football. Such a forum should not be restrictive. Let people open any threads on Euro football as they please and discuss at length. Lift all restrictions currently existing where all topics are hidden under a single thread.

2. The Eagles Nest should strictly be for Super Eagles and Nigerian football to reflect its name. If it isn't as active as the above category, so be it. It will only reflect what we think is the reality with Nigerian fans. Reflecting this reality is not a bad thing.

3. If #1 and #2 above are not workable (I won't why they aren't workable), then let's ditch the name Eagles Nest and name the forum appropriately e.g. Global Soccer and allow what is now going on, which is anything goes about football.

In conclusion, if there is a forum strictly for Nigerian football called Eagles Nest, there definitely will be participation. I do believe that discussion of Nigerian players and their performance in European clubs belong in the Eagles Nest e.g. Omeruo's performance at Leganes, Chukwueze at Villarreal, Iwobi at Arsenal, Mikel at Middlesborough etc. However, what should be a no-no in Eagles Nest is discussing Chelsea v Liverpool, Lionel Messi at Barcelona, or Ronaldo at Juventus. Such discussions should be shutdown and moved to either Non-Nigerian Football Forum or Global Soccer Forum. If that means that the Eagles Nest will be at a low ebb when Eagles are not playing, so be it. There are several forums/fora now existing on this site where the last posting is April or even much earlier and such forums/fora continue to exist. So what is the problem with having reduced traffic on Eagles Nest? I do not see a problem, if you ask me.
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:pajimoh,

You do not need Nigerian football to occur daily for the website to be sustained. There was rarely anything about EPL and other Euro Leagues when this website began back in 1994 or thereabouts but yet it was sustainable. What is now happening on this site is what is happening in Nigeria where EPL has overrun local football.

IMHO, calling this site Eagles Nest is a travesty because it might be more appropriately titled global soccer. It has little to do with Nigeria's Super Eagles, or Nigerian football for that matter. IMHO, soon we will be overtaken by other sites discussing strictly Nigerian football. As of the moment, several WhatsApp groups have begun to emerge to do this. It is only a matter of time. Several contributors/members have left because of this EPL focus. Some, as far as I know, are contributing regularly on Nigerian football in emerging WhatsApp Groups.

We once had a niche but sadly that niche has disappeared. That is a fact.
pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

Prof., what's your suggestion on how to remedy this?

In truth, there are only a few hardcore Naija footie fans. The rest just like in Naija are EPL fanatics.

That's the sad reality.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics