Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45262
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular,

My solutions are, I believe, doable and I list them below:

1. We already have several fora/forums under the title "Soccer Related." Why not create a forum/category designated European or Non-Nigerian football. Such a forum should not be restrictive. Let people open any threads on Euro football as they please and discuss at length. Lift all restrictions currently existing where all topics are hidden under a single thread.

2. The Eagles Nest should strictly be for Super Eagles and Nigerian football to reflect its name. If it isn't as active as the above category, so be it. It will only reflect what we think is the reality with Nigerian fans. Reflecting this reality is not a bad thing.

3. If #1 and #2 above are not workable (I won't why they aren't workable), then let's ditch the name Eagles Nest and name the forum appropriately e.g. Global Soccer and allow what is now going on, which is anything goes about football.

In conclusion, if there is a forum strictly for Nigerian football called Eagles Nest, there definitely will be participation. I do believe that discussion of Nigerian players and their performance in European clubs belong in the Eagles Nest e.g. Omeruo's performance at Leganes, Chukwueze at Villarreal, Iwobi at Arsenal, Mikel at Middlesborough etc. However, what should be a no-no in Eagles Nest is discussing Chelsea v Liverpool, Lionel Messi at Barcelona, or Ronaldo at Juventus. Such discussions should be shutdown and moved to either Non-Nigerian Football Forum or Global Soccer Forum. If that means that the Eagles Nest will be at a low ebb when Eagles are not playing, so be it. There are several forums/fora now existing on this site where the last posting is April or even much earlier and such forums/fora continue to exist. So what is the problem with having reduced traffic on Eagles Nest? I do not see a problem, if you ask me.

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh,

You do not need Nigerian football to occur daily for the website to be sustained. There was rarely anything about EPL and other Euro Leagues when this website began back in 1994 or thereabouts but yet it was sustainable. What is now happening on this site is what is happening in Nigeria where EPL has overrun local football.

IMHO, calling this site Eagles Nest is a travesty because it might be more appropriately titled global soccer. It has little to do with Nigeria's Super Eagles, or Nigerian football for that matter. IMHO, soon we will be overtaken by other sites discussing strictly Nigerian football. As of the moment, several WhatsApp groups have begun to emerge to do this. It is only a matter of time. Several contributors/members have left because of this EPL focus. Some, as far as I know, are contributing regularly on Nigerian football in emerging WhatsApp Groups.

We once had a niche but sadly that niche has disappeared. That is a fact.

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:
1naija wrote:
.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!


In total agreement. I hereby move that a forum be created strictly for the EPL and European Leagues. The Eagles Nest should be only for Nigerian football related items, and as the name imples, for the Eagles...the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other national teams.

That's guaranteed to kill the SE section of EN. Nigeria in all our various age related teams are not active enough to sustain a healthy, vibrant conversation.
You people should be careful what you ask for.
When was the last time most of you contributed to the Nigerian league thread?

You should be glad the pages are being refreshed regularly. Try going to Ghanaweb


Prof., what's your suggestion on how to remedy this?

In truth, there are only a few hardcore Naija footie fans. The rest just like in Naija are EPL fanatics.

That's the sad reality.


These are even lenient suggestions. I think we should shut down every discussion of European club soccer, except those that concern our players directly. Let them go to liverpool or Tottenham fans forum where they will be fully appreciated, because I don't appreciate them one bit.

If the site has not turned to graveyard for not being able to discuss US college football, American football or NBA, it will not turn to graveyard for not discussing Clubs that just 2 years ago we weren't discussing here.

This site should be limited to discussing Nigerian soccer, and AFCON teams., period. That's why we are all here. Anyone that says he joined this site because of European soccer is a liar.

And no, I don't have to contribute a single thread on Nigerian soccer to say this!

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24991
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45262
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


You joined because Eagles Nest was for Super Eagles. Why did you join in the first place?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24991
1naija wrote:
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


You joined because Eagles Nest was for Super Eagles. Why did you join in the first place?

Mainly because of fellow Nigerians that love football and yes there is no Nigerian football lover that is not crazy about the SE..........but limiting football discussion on EN only on/about Nigerian football is a certified death sentence on EN.
The funny thing is that folks that are for this misguided patriotism will not post enough to keep EN alive.
This is like the folks that were fighting the likes of Carl Benz because they believed horses should not be replaced.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39638
Location: UK
1naija wrote:
....there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players ....

...That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics....
'Slight' exaggeration here, emphatically stated twice!
Let's take a quick look at the Eagles Nest first page (and even the next two pages) today Sunday 12th May 2019, a day when I no get work.... :D

PAGE ONE
60 threads
24 direct Naija-related football threads (40%)
7 African, non-Naija threads (11.7%)
29 European & others (48.3%)

I suspect the climax of the European season has also slightly increased the number of European-related football threads as evidenced by pages two and three which show a different picture, even less supportive of 1Naija's claim.

PAGE TWO
60 threads
31 direct Naija-related football threads (51.7%)
10 African, non-Naija threads (16.7%)
19 European & others (31.6%)

PAGE THREE
60 threads
40 direct Naija-related footLball threads (66.7%)
8 African, non-Naija threads (13.3%)
12 European & others (20.0%)

It also suggests the 5 aggregated EPL club threads will always remain on page one for that very reason.

Anyway, the aggregate of the first three pages of Eagles Nest is thus:
Quote:
Total threads: 180
Total direct Naija-related football threads: 95 (52.8%)
Total African, non-Naija threads: 25 (13.9%)
Total European & other threads: 60 (33.3%)


So 1Naija's claims are wrong and deliberately misleading.
Fake News - again! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular,

My solutions are, I believe, doable and I list them below:

1. We already have several fora/forums under the title "Soccer Related." Why not create a forum/category designated European or Non-Nigerian football. Such a forum should not be restrictive. Let people open any threads on Euro football as they please and discuss at length. Lift all restrictions currently existing where all topics are hidden under a single thread.

2. The Eagles Nest should strictly be for Super Eagles and Nigerian football to reflect its name. If it isn't as active as the above category, so be it. It will only reflect what we think is the reality with Nigerian fans. Reflecting this reality is not a bad thing.

3. If #1 and #2 above are not workable (I won't why they aren't workable), then let's ditch the name Eagles Nest and name the forum appropriately e.g. Global Soccer and allow what is now going on, which is anything goes about football.

In conclusion, if there is a forum strictly for Nigerian football called Eagles Nest, there definitely will be participation. I do believe that discussion of Nigerian players and their performance in European clubs belong in the Eagles Nest e.g. Omeruo's performance at Leganes, Chukwueze at Villarreal, Iwobi at Arsenal, Mikel at Middlesborough etc. However, what should be a no-no in Eagles Nest is discussing Chelsea v Liverpool, Lionel Messi at Barcelona, or Ronaldo at Juventus. Such discussions should be shutdown and moved to either Non-Nigerian Football Forum or Global Soccer Forum. If that means that the Eagles Nest will be at a low ebb when Eagles are not playing, so be it. There are several forums/fora now existing on this site where the last posting is April or even much earlier and such forums/fora continue to exist. So what is the problem with having reduced traffic on Eagles Nest? I do not see a problem, if you ask me.



Noted, Prof.

Thanks for the feedback.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
1naija wrote:
These are even lenient suggestions. I think we should shut down every discussion of European club soccer, except those that concern our players directly. Let them go to liverpool or Tottenham fans forum where they will be fully appreciated, because I don't appreciate them one bit.

If the site has not turned to graveyard for not being able to discuss US college football, American football or NBA, it will not turn to graveyard for not discussing Clubs that just 2 years ago we weren't discussing here.

This site should be limited to discussing Nigerian soccer, and AFCON teams., period. That's why we are all here. Anyone that says he joined this site because of European soccer is a liar.

And no, I don't have to contribute a single thread on Nigerian soccer to say this!


Uncle, noted.
We will address your concerns.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24991
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
These are even lenient suggestions. I think we should shut down every discussion of European club soccer, except those that concern our players directly. Let them go to liverpool or Tottenham fans forum where they will be fully appreciated, because I don't appreciate them one bit.

If the site has not turned to graveyard for not being able to discuss US college football, American football or NBA, it will not turn to graveyard for not discussing Clubs that just 2 years ago we weren't discussing here.

This site should be limited to discussing Nigerian soccer, and AFCON teams., period. That's why we are all here. Anyone that says he joined this site because of European soccer is a liar.

And no, I don't have to contribute a single thread on Nigerian soccer to say this!


Uncle, noted.
We will address your concerns.


Chair..................1naira got ZERO concerns, this is a thread made out of boredom., one hell of a 'storm in a tea cup'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


Chief Zee, I see your point and I also see the merit of the argument that we should not lose focus on why this site was formed in the first place.

My concern remains that when we were formed there were limited sources of information and the media as we know it has evolved. Do we remain as we were or evolve with our present-day realities?

We have had a dedicate forum for the World Cup and a dedicated forum for "Other Sports", don't see why we can't have a dedicated forum for "World Football" and one for Naija Footie (Eagles Nest). The job will fall on Moderators and Admins to move threads to the appropriate forum.

We also need volunteers to act as "Newshounds" and bring any news involving Naija and Naija players to site. That remains the bigger issue. Folks are willing to complain but unwilling to bring themselves forward to serve.

Starting something just to start without adequate thought on how to make it sustainable is what concerns me the most.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
....there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players ....

...That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics....
'Slight' exaggeration here, emphatically stated twice!
Let's take a quick look at the Eagles Nest first page (and even the next two pages) today Sunday 12th May 2019, a day when I no get work.... :D

PAGE ONE
60 threads
24 direct Naija-related football threads (40%)
7 African, non-Naija threads (11.7%)
29 European & others (48.3%)

I suspect the climax of the European season has also slightly increased the number of European-related football threads as evidenced by pages two and three which show a different picture, even less supportive of 1Naija's claim.

PAGE TWO
60 threads
31 direct Naija-related football threads (51.7%)
10 African, non-Naija threads (16.7%)
19 European & others (31.6%)

PAGE THREE
60 threads
40 direct Naija-related footLball threads (66.7%)
8 African, non-Naija threads (13.3%)
12 European & others (20.0%)

It also suggests the 5 aggregated EPL club threads will always remain on page one for that very reason.

Anyway, the aggregate of the first three pages of Eagles Nest is thus:
Quote:
Total threads: 180
Total direct Naija-related football threads: 95 (52.8%)
Total African, non-Naija threads: 25 (13.9%)
Total European & other threads: 60 (33.3%)


So 1Naija's claims are wrong and deliberately misleading.
Fake News - again! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Doc, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to expand on the allegations. That is the funny thing about a complaint. Folks just complain but never put forward an argument backed with facts and numbers. They want decisions made based on their "feelings".

Again, I understand the sentiment they are operating from. It is a cause for concern.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
These are even lenient suggestions. I think we should shut down every discussion of European club soccer, except those that concern our players directly. Let them go to liverpool or Tottenham fans forum where they will be fully appreciated, because I don't appreciate them one bit.

If the site has not turned to graveyard for not being able to discuss US college football, American football or NBA, it will not turn to graveyard for not discussing Clubs that just 2 years ago we weren't discussing here.

This site should be limited to discussing Nigerian soccer, and AFCON teams., period. That's why we are all here. Anyone that says he joined this site because of European soccer is a liar.

And no, I don't have to contribute a single thread on Nigerian soccer to say this!


Uncle, noted.
We will address your concerns.


Chair..................1naira got ZERO concerns, this is a thread made out of boredom., one hell of a 'storm in a tea cup'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Uncle 1Naira does have a valid concern. Some people still buy Newspapers and some subscribe to digital news. One medium is not sustainable and one is. Seems like Uncle 1Naira doesn't like change... at least not this type of change.

Now, if we ask him to be Water Animals correspondent, he will ask, "because I want change doesn't mean I must be the one doing the change..." :D :P

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24991
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


Chief Zee, I see your point and I also see the merit of the argument that we should not lose focus on why this site was formed in the first place.

My concern remains that when we were formed there were limited sources of information and the media as we know it has evolved. Do we remain as we were or evolve with our present-day realities?

We have had a dedicate forum for the World Cup and a dedicated forum for "Other Sports", don't see why we can't have a dedicated forum for "World Football" and one for Naija Footie (Eagles Nest). The job will fall on Moderators and Admins to move threads to the appropriate forum.

We also need volunteers to act as "Newshounds" and bring any news involving Naija and Naija players to site. That remains the bigger issue. Folks are willing to complain but unwilling to bring themselves forward to serve.

Starting something just to start without adequate thought on how to make it sustainable is what concerns me the most.


Chair, this idea will be a death blow to Nigeria football news.
I check clicks on threads, regular posters, thread openers etc...........the EPL/global forumers will win hands down.
Let's experiment it and see how many Nigerian football news that will get over a page and the clicks will be under 50. Rangers Int :thumbs: news is the only one that manages more than 2 pages and that is mostly thanks to Ukwala, E11, Gotti and my humble self.
If teams with history like IICC, Bendel Insurance can't even get 5 posters then the problem got nothing to do with 1naira's complaints.............like I said earlier, it is tough to discuss what you can't watch.
Folks discuss any new Nigerian player in Europe 'cos they can watch him .

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 pm
Posts: 28227
1naija wrote:
.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!




I looked at the thread title n knew if it was not bigpokey, it was the careless/trekking uber driver that started it. Carry on

_________________
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 pm
Posts: 28227
Otitokoro wrote:
In agreement with your motion.
This has become absolutely ridiculous!
Obong wrote:
1naija wrote:
.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!


In total agreement. I hereby move that a forum be created strictly for the EPL and European Leagues. The Eagles Nest should be only for Nigerian football related items, and as the name imples, for the Eagles...the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other national teams.


Not ridiculous. U guys post here 2, y not boost it with Naija sooner news. What stopped u????

_________________
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Posts: 2346
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


Chief Zee, I see your point and I also see the merit of the argument that we should not lose focus on why this site was formed in the first place.

My concern remains that when we were formed there were limited sources of information and the media as we know it has evolved. Do we remain as we were or evolve with our present-day realities?

We have had a dedicate forum for the World Cup and a dedicated forum for "Other Sports", don't see why we can't have a dedicated forum for "World Football" and one for Naija Footie (Eagles Nest). The job will fall on Moderators and Admins to move threads to the appropriate forum.

We also need volunteers to act as "Newshounds" and bring any news involving Naija and Naija players to site. That remains the bigger issue. Folks are willing to complain but unwilling to bring themselves forward to serve.

Starting something just to start without adequate thought on how to make it sustainable is what concerns me the most.

Personally I think you have too many forums. All those other forums have like zero activity in them. Not because the topics are boring but there are too many forums to sort through. Sometimes the categorizatiosn dont even make sense I mean seriously why would a thread like this one end up in the Face to Face settle your beef forum viewtopic.php?f=21&t=289665

If anything you should have just two forums Main Soccer Forum and Rant and Rave It will make moderators lives easier and it will help gin up activity on the main forums on slow days. Other sports can either go on the soccer forum or rant and rave forum. Don't care either way.

99% percent of people on this forum are Nigerian so Our interest in Naija soccer is given . Having other interests doesn't make us any less Naija focused


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45262
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
....there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players ....

...That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics....
'Slight' exaggeration here, emphatically stated twice!
Let's take a quick look at the Eagles Nest first page (and even the next two pages) today Sunday 12th May 2019, a day when I no get work.... :D

PAGE ONE
60 threads
24 direct Naija-related football threads (40%)
7 African, non-Naija threads (11.7%)
29 European & others (48.3%)

I suspect the climax of the European season has also slightly increased the number of European-related football threads as evidenced by pages two and three which show a different picture, even less supportive of 1Naija's claim.

PAGE TWO
60 threads
31 direct Naija-related football threads (51.7%)
10 African, non-Naija threads (16.7%)
19 European & others (31.6%)

PAGE THREE
60 threads
40 direct Naija-related footLball threads (66.7%)
8 African, non-Naija threads (13.3%)
12 European & others (20.0%)

It also suggests the 5 aggregated EPL club threads will always remain on page one for that very reason.

Anyway, the aggregate of the first three pages of Eagles Nest is thus:
Quote:
Total threads: 180
Total direct Naija-related football threads: 95 (52.8%)
Total African, non-Naija threads: 25 (13.9%)
Total European & other threads: 60 (33.3%)


So 1Naija's claims are wrong and deliberately misleading.
Fake News - again! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Why didnt you do your useless analysis the day I started the thread? I am sure you were here since you are here 24/7. You waited almost a week after I started the thread to come up with this rubbish.

You are a moderator that was selected to protect the sanctity of the site, yet you are supervising its destruction. In fact one can argue that the numbers of Nigeria soccer related thread increased because of this thread.

I am the good guy on this topic. I am the one making the arguement that you and the administrators should be making instead spreading all day merging threads that you dont like.

If you want to do real research to prove 1naija is posting fake news, why dont you so the same research on the percentage of posts that were Nigerian soccer related before you became moderator compared to today that you are the primary moderator?

Abeg gerrara hia.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45262
And if we want to really test the popularity of European club football here, let's open the forum to college football, NFL and NBA discussions. I bet many of you claiming this site will die off will be singing a different tune then.

I have made my point, and many people agree with it. If you want to make this a European soccer website, go right ahead.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24991
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
....there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players ....

...That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics....
'Slight' exaggeration here, emphatically stated twice!
Let's take a quick look at the Eagles Nest first page (and even the next two pages) today Sunday 12th May 2019, a day when I no get work.... :D

PAGE ONE
60 threads
24 direct Naija-related football threads (40%)
7 African, non-Naija threads (11.7%)
29 European & others (48.3%)

I suspect the climax of the European season has also slightly increased the number of European-related football threads as evidenced by pages two and three which show a different picture, even less supportive of 1Naija's claim.

PAGE TWO
60 threads
31 direct Naija-related football threads (51.7%)
10 African, non-Naija threads (16.7%)
19 European & others (31.6%)

PAGE THREE
60 threads
40 direct Naija-related footLball threads (66.7%)
8 African, non-Naija threads (13.3%)
12 European & others (20.0%)

It also suggests the 5 aggregated EPL club threads will always remain on page one for that very reason.

Anyway, the aggregate of the first three pages of Eagles Nest is thus:
Quote:
Total threads: 180
Total direct Naija-related football threads: 95 (52.8%)
Total African, non-Naija threads: 25 (13.9%)
Total European & other threads: 60 (33.3%)


So 1Naija's claims are wrong and deliberately misleading.
Fake News - again! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Why didnt you do your useless analysis the day I started the thread? I am sure you were here since you are here 24/7. You waited almost a week after I started the thread to come up with this rubbish.

You are a moderator that was selected to protect the sanctity of the site, yet you are supervising its destruction. In fact one can argue that the numbers of Nigeria soccer related thread increased because of this thread.

I am the good guy on this topic. I am the one making the arguement that you and the administrators should be making instead spreading all day merging threads that you dont like.

If you want to do real research to prove 1naija is posting fake news, why dont you so the same research on the percentage of posts that were Nigerian soccer related before you became moderator compared to today that you are the primary moderator?

Abeg gerrara hia.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 1naira.......always talking nonsense with confidence :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45262
zee wrote:
1naija wrote:
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


You joined because Eagles Nest was for Super Eagles. Why did you join in the first place?

Mainly because of fellow Nigerians that love football and yes there is no Nigerian football lover that is not crazy about the SE..........but limiting football discussion on EN only on/about Nigerian football is a certified death sentence on EN.
The funny thing is that folks that are for this misguided patriotism will not post enough to keep EN alive.
This is like the folks that were fighting the likes of Carl Benz because they believed horses should not be replaced.


The more apt analogy is this is like Carl Benz creating a car to better your life and you are using the car as a toilet. This car was created someone who isn't even a Nigeria and yet Nigerian are fighting to destroy it.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45262
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
These are even lenient suggestions. I think we should shut down every discussion of European club soccer, except those that concern our players directly. Let them go to liverpool or Tottenham fans forum where they will be fully appreciated, because I don't appreciate them one bit.

If the site has not turned to graveyard for not being able to discuss US college football, American football or NBA, it will not turn to graveyard for not discussing Clubs that just 2 years ago we weren't discussing here.

This site should be limited to discussing Nigerian soccer, and AFCON teams., period. That's why we are all here. Anyone that says he joined this site because of European soccer is a liar.

And no, I don't have to contribute a single thread on Nigerian soccer to say this!


Uncle, noted.
We will address your concerns.


Chair..................1naira got ZERO concerns, this is a thread made out of boredom., one hell of a 'storm in a tea cup'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Uncle 1Naira does have a valid concern. Some people still buy Newspapers and some subscribe to digital news. One medium is not sustainable and one is. Seems like Uncle 1Naira doesn't like change... at least not this type of change.

Now, if we ask him to be Water Animals correspondent, he will ask, "because I want change doesn't mean I must be the one doing the change..." :D :P


This is not about 1naija liking change or not. Is changing the site to a European soccer discussion forum the change you seek? That may very well be the case.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
BAP wrote:
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:
Please let EN be......you turn it into a purely Naija football forum and it will DIE.
You can't police thoughts and discussions, moreover it's not like naija league is televised worldwide for diaspora folks to follow.
This season was the 1st time in 30 years :shock: that I was able to watch my beloved Rangers int........And it was thanks to a CAF competition and online streaming service.
Please let's not KILL EN with misguided patriotism.


Chief Zee, I see your point and I also see the merit of the argument that we should not lose focus on why this site was formed in the first place.

My concern remains that when we were formed there were limited sources of information and the media as we know it has evolved. Do we remain as we were or evolve with our present-day realities?

We have had a dedicate forum for the World Cup and a dedicated forum for "Other Sports", don't see why we can't have a dedicated forum for "World Football" and one for Naija Footie (Eagles Nest). The job will fall on Moderators and Admins to move threads to the appropriate forum.

We also need volunteers to act as "Newshounds" and bring any news involving Naija and Naija players to site. That remains the bigger issue. Folks are willing to complain but unwilling to bring themselves forward to serve.

Starting something just to start without adequate thought on how to make it sustainable is what concerns me the most.

Personally I think you have too many forums. All those other forums have like zero activity in them. Not because the topics are boring but there are too many forums to sort through. Sometimes the categorizatiosn dont even make sense I mean seriously why would a thread like this one end up in the Face to Face settle your beef forum viewtopic.php?f=21&t=289665

If anything you should have just two forums Main Soccer Forum and Rant and Rave It will make moderators lives easier and it will help gin up activity on the main forums on slow days. Other sports can either go on the soccer forum or rant and rave forum. Don't care either way.

99% percent of people on this forum are Nigerian so Our interest in Naija soccer is given . Having other interests doesn't make us any less Naija focused


Thank you Sir. Your suggestions will be considered.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46786
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
These are even lenient suggestions. I think we should shut down every discussion of European club soccer, except those that concern our players directly. Let them go to liverpool or Tottenham fans forum where they will be fully appreciated, because I don't appreciate them one bit.

If the site has not turned to graveyard for not being able to discuss US college football, American football or NBA, it will not turn to graveyard for not discussing Clubs that just 2 years ago we weren't discussing here.

This site should be limited to discussing Nigerian soccer, and AFCON teams., period. That's why we are all here. Anyone that says he joined this site because of European soccer is a liar.

And no, I don't have to contribute a single thread on Nigerian soccer to say this!


Uncle, noted.
We will address your concerns.


Chair..................1naira got ZERO concerns, this is a thread made out of boredom., one hell of a 'storm in a tea cup'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Uncle 1Naira does have a valid concern. Some people still buy Newspapers and some subscribe to digital news. One medium is not sustainable and one is. Seems like Uncle 1Naira doesn't like change... at least not this type of change.

Now, if we ask him to be Water Animals correspondent, he will ask, "because I want change doesn't mean I must be the one doing the change..." :D :P


This is not about 1naija liking change or not. Is changing the site to a European soccer discussion forum the change you seek? That may very well be the case.


Nna, do the poll na.
We don ax make you do ya own part...

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39638
Location: UK
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
....there is something wrong when over 90% of topics on the first page of a Nigerian soccer forum is NOT about Nigerian soccer or even Nigerian players ....

...That's what it is when we say if you don't like seeing 95% of topics on the first page about European football topics....
'Slight' exaggeration here, emphatically stated twice!
Let's take a quick look at the Eagles Nest first page (and even the next two pages) today Sunday 12th May 2019, a day when I no get work.... :D

PAGE ONE
60 threads
24 direct Naija-related football threads (40%)
7 African, non-Naija threads (11.7%)
29 European & others (48.3%)

I suspect the climax of the European season has also slightly increased the number of European-related football threads as evidenced by pages two and three which show a different picture, even less supportive of 1Naija's claim.

PAGE TWO
60 threads
31 direct Naija-related football threads (51.7%)
10 African, non-Naija threads (16.7%)
19 European & others (31.6%)

PAGE THREE
60 threads
40 direct Naija-related footLball threads (66.7%)
8 African, non-Naija threads (13.3%)
12 European & others (20.0%)

It also suggests the 5 aggregated EPL club threads will always remain on page one for that very reason.

Anyway, the aggregate of the first three pages of Eagles Nest is thus:
Quote:
Total threads: 180
Total direct Naija-related football threads: 95 (52.8%)
Total African, non-Naija threads: 25 (13.9%)
Total European & other threads: 60 (33.3%)


So 1Naija's claims are wrong and deliberately misleading.
Fake News - again! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Why didnt you do your useless analysis the day I started the thread? I am sure you were here since you are here 24/7. You waited almost a week after I started the thread to come up with this rubbish.

You are a moderator that was selected to protect the sanctity of the site, yet you are supervising its destruction. In fact one can argue that the numbers of Nigeria soccer related thread increased because of this thread.

I am the good guy on this topic. I am the one making the arguement that you and the administrators should be making instead spreading all day merging threads that you dont like.

If you want to do real research to prove 1naija is posting fake news, why dont you so the same research on the percentage of posts that were Nigerian soccer related before you became moderator compared to today that you are the primary moderator?

Abeg gerrara hia.
Ah-ah?
Na fight?
I'm simply putting figures to your claim and you are throwing a tantrum.
Take it easy. It aint that serious bro.
Next time make your case without faking the facts. :D

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group