Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:01 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4495
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
When Laliga was winning 3 CL in a row and Several Europa cups in a row. They no get all of this mouth like the English..
Because you speak no Spanish, read no Spanish doesn't mean the Spanish tabloids were not blocking everybody's ears with their 'Oh-la-la!' headlines.
All you need do is listen to latin commentators screaming down the microphone and you can imagine what the tabloids will be like.
No talk weytin you no sabi.


I check the headlines regularly, there is much "BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD" stuff, that is mostly English or Sky branding.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10452
Kai I can’t believe in my life time no one mentions Italian league anymore. Italian league was once a place the very best only wanted to show case their talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:39 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39638
Location: UK
kalani JR wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
When Laliga was winning 3 CL in a row and Several Europa cups in a row. They no get all of this mouth like the English..
Because you speak no Spanish, read no Spanish doesn't mean the Spanish tabloids were not blocking everybody's ears with their 'Oh-la-la!' headlines.
All you need do is listen to latin commentators screaming down the microphone and you can imagine what the tabloids will be like.
No talk weytin you no sabi.


I check the headlines regularly, there is much "BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD" stuff, that is mostly English or Sky branding.
My point is, unless you speak fluent Spanish, you do not know what the Spanish press is saying simply because you don't read their papers.
I wouldn't bet they are not saying the exact same thing.

'Best League In The world" is not something you people should be so fanatically preoccupied contesting because there are no agreed criteria for what 'Best' means. Its not as if its the Australian or Danish league claiming to be BLIW.

Moreover, the tabloids are there for sensationalism. You won't find such hyperbole routinely touted by the quality newspapers. Quite the opposite.
My advice: STOP GORGING ON TRASHY UK TABLOIDS! :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44637
Location: Akoko Highlands
ANC wrote:
Kai I can’t believe in my life time no one mentions Italian league anymore. Italian league was once a place the very best only wanted to show case their talent.


Change is constant. The current EPL onslaught will ebb soon.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38487
Location: Land of the Terrapins
balo wrote:
ANC wrote:
Kai I can’t believe in my life time no one mentions Italian league anymore. Italian league was once a place the very best only wanted to show case their talent.


Change is constant. The current EPL onslaught will ebb soon.


That was like back in the days of Ronaldo Da Lima, we’ve all moved on since...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:06 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4495
ANC wrote:
Kai I can’t believe in my life time no one mentions Italian league anymore. Italian league was once a place the very best only wanted to show case their talent.


When your teams don't own stadiums, they can't buy the biggest players in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 38314
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
I've always wondered why people spend time arguing about which league is the best. Every league is good and they offer different things to suit different tastes.

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39638
Location: UK
Mr. Piffington wrote:
I've always wondered why people spend time arguing about which league is the best. Every league is good and they offer different things to suit different tastes.
Abi o.
I've got a sneaky feeling you won't find this EPL vs La Liga argument going on in Francophone countries.
Its all about our colonial past if I were to hazard a guess. :sneaky:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group