Yaya Toure retires

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Yaya Toure retires

Post by Rawlings »

Did you know he has the best 100% penalty record in Premier League history... scored all 11 of his spot kicks

https://talksport.com/football/540831/y ... -coaching/
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Yaya Toure retires

Post by bret- hart »

Retired at "34" Ok o.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bret- hart wrote:Retired at "34" Ok o.
Nacho may retire at 21
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Yes, he did!!! He is leaning towards becoming a coach/manager.

https://news.abidjan.net/h/656865.html

Sans club depuis son départ de l’Olympiacos Le Pirée il y a quelques mois, Yaya Touré (35 ans) avait laissé entendre qu’il pourrait effectuer une dernière pige. Son représentant, le truculent Dimitry Seluk, vient d’annoncer que le milieu de terrain international ivoirien (99 sélections, 19 réalisations) allait finalement prendre sa retraite. « Je le dis pour la première fois : Yaya a décidé de mettre fin à sa carrière de champion. (...) La carrière de Yaya a été magnifique et il n’est pas un mendiant prêt à tout pour l’argent », a confié l’intéressé à Sport24 en Russie.

L’agent a ensuite expliqué que l’ancien pensionnaire de Monaco, Barcelone et Manchester City - une CAN (2015), une Ligue des Champions (2009), deux Ligas (2009, 2010) et deux Premier Leagues (2012, 2014) à son palmarès notamment - allait s’orienter vers une carrière d’entraîneur. « Yaya a déjà reçu une licence et à partir du mois de juin de cette année, il peut travailler comme second entraîneur dans n’importe quelle équipe. Je pense que l’expérience, les compétences et le professionnalisme d’une personne telle que Yaya seront en demande dans de nombreux pays du monde », a-t-il indiqué, ajoutant qu’il disposait déjà de propositions en Russie et en Ukraine.

« Oui, il y a des offres. Il y a des options en Russie et en Ukraine. Yaya a récemment organisé une masterclass au Dynamo Kiev, et tout le monde a été ravi », a-t-il révélé, prédisant un avenir doré à son poulain. « Je suis sûr que deux ans après l’obtention de la licence d’entraîneur professionnel, Yaya dirigera l’un des clubs les plus sérieux et réalisera de grandes choses en tant qu’entraîneur », a-t-il glissé avant d’insister. « Yaya atteindra des sommets encore supérieurs à ceux qu’il a connus en tant que joueur. Il n’y a pas d’entraîneurs africains dans la Premier League anglaise ».
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You no get sense! :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

With the age, position he plays and his size, I think it is not unusual. He covers a lot of ground in the middle and he is not a small guy. It gets hard on the body.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

He’s 36.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Great player and I liked him a lot :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
He’s 36.
Correct. The fabulous Yaya, contender for African GOAT, and a straight-up world-class player in his prime. When Yaya was at City, I watched all City games just to see him show his finely honed skills. The gods blessed me by allowing me to see him play live with City in Toronto in 2013 or thereabouts when they came here. I went home from the stadium that day, thanking the gods for the gift of seeing an African player perform wonders.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

This is the player Pogba wants to be when/if he grows up.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:This is the player Pogba wants to be when/if he grows up.
Kpom. He can try. :D
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

scholl wrote:
With the age, position he plays and his size, I think it is not unusual. He covers a lot of ground in the middle and he is not a small guy. It gets hard on the body.

Ibrahimovic is pushing 40 and he is bullying guys young enough to be his kids in the MLS.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
He’s 36.

35 actually. If he were Nigerian, You would accuse him of being overraged. there are 35 year olds still playing active football. Kanu played for Nigeria well into his mid 30s yet you lot accused him and every other Nigerian international of being an age cheat.

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

bret- hart wrote:
scholl wrote:

Ibrahimovic is pushing 40 and he is bullying guys young enough to be his kids in the MLS.

That explains it :? :? :?
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
He’s 36.

35 actually. If he were Nigerian, You would accuse him of being overraged. there are 35 year olds still playing active football. Kanu played for Nigeria well into his mid 30s yet you lot accused him and every other Nigerian international of being an age cheat.
Playing with a much more sedentary style. Xabi Alonso also retired at the same age, it is possible Yaya could have continued his career in Japan, the Middle East or America but he likely wanted to retire in Europe.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bret- hart wrote:
scholl wrote:

Henry retired in 2014. He's 41 now, so he was 36 when he retired.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohsee wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
He’s 36.
Correct. The fabulous Yaya, contender for African GOAT, and a straight-up world-class player in his prime. When Yaya was at City, I watched all City games just to see him show his finely honed skills. The gods blessed me by allowing me to see him play live with City in Toronto in 2013 or thereabouts when they came here. I went home from the stadium that day, thanking the gods for the gift of seeing an African player perform wonders.

He was a phenomenal player. It was a joy watching him for City.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yaya Toure: Ex-Manchester City & Barcelona midfielder denies retirement
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48248041

Toure won 101 caps for Ivory Coast and played at the 2006, 2010 and 2014 World Cups
Former Manchester City and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure says he is "still in contention to play for a few more years", despite his agent announcing his apparent retirement last week.

The 35-year-old has not played since having his contract at Greek side Olympiakos terminated in December 2018.

On Friday, Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk said he had "decided to end his career as a champion".

"There has been a lot of confusion about my future recently," Toure said.

"I want to make it clear here that I love football and I'm still in contention to play for a few more years."

The four-time African Footballer of the Year won the Champions League with Barcelona in 2009 before spending eight years with Manchester City, for whom he scored 79 times in 316 appearances including the winner in the 2011 FA Cup final.

Former Ivory Coast international Toure moved to Greece following his release by City last summer after winning three Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups.

"Yes, I'm starting to prepare myself for coaching badges but full-time coaching is not what I'm thinking now," Toure wrote on Twitter.

"I am now ready and focused to take new challenges in playing football.

"And don't worry, once the time has come I will announce my retirement personally and officially by myself."
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Man Ataye wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
scholl wrote:

That explains it :? :? :?

No that does not explain any. Ibrahimovic is a striker while Yaya plays the role of a work-horse. Apples and oranges here fellas.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

No he does not. Rickie Lambert says hi:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32650&hilit=penalty ... 2#p4151274
Rawlings wrote:Did you know he has the best 100% penalty record in Premier League history... scored all 11 of his spot kicks

scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

bret- hart wrote:
scholl wrote:

Look at the bolded. Not the same bros.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

wiseone wrote:No he does not. Rickie Lambert says hi:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32650&hilit=penalty ... 2#p4151274
Rawlings wrote:Did you know he has the best 100% penalty record in Premier League history... scored all 11 of his spot kicks

From that same thread:
Lambert finally missed a penalty in a pre-season game for Liverpool against AC Milan:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... endly.html
You will be right if you restrict it to EPL season games
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oh sorry. Had no idea we were counting pre-season friendlies too. In that case I think Yaya's streak should only be 4. I heard he missed one in a pre-season friendly against Grimsby Town, then the following Thursday missed another one in training...

:roll:
furiously frank wrote: From that same thread:
Lambert finally missed a penalty in a pre-season game for Liverpool against AC Milan:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... endly.html
You will be right if you restrict it to EPL season games
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.