Deadline to give in final ANC squads

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Deadline to give in final ANC squads

Post by Paveman »

It's June 10.

Apart from Samuel Kalu who has returned after a longish layoff which means there might be questions on his fitness, are there any other injured players? Troost Ekong returned from a 3 week layoff and seems 100% back in business.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Deadline to give in final ANC squads

Post by ANC »

I can give you Rohrs number?
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

ANC wrote:I can give you Rohrs number?
go ahead.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Paveman wrote:It's June 10.

Apart from Samuel Kalu who has returned after a longish layoff which means there might be questions on his fitness, are there any other injured players? Troost Ekong returned from a 3 week layoff and seems 100% back in business.
Paveman, have we gotten our answer for the leftback position?

Will Ekong layoff affect his game?

Guess Omeruo and Awasiem are the most in form CD?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

By the way, I saw Awazeim play against Galatasary over the weekend. I was impressed with his performance. He was quick and clean in his tackles and was also calm and assured with the ball at his feet. Never seemed like he was in a hurry to boot the ball upfront, and even when he made long passes, he often found his target. Omeruo and Ekong will most certainly be in the final 23. The remaining 2 CB spots will be be between Awazeim, Balogun, and Ajayi. I haven't really seen Ajayi play much so I can't really compare him to Awazeim. Regarding Balogun, my thought is Rohr invite him to camp and assess whether his lack of playing time has significantly affected his fitness.

I also was impressed with Azubuike. With Onazi out, and Agu missing portions of the season due to injury, it seems like Azubuike is probably the most logical backup for Ndidi. I haven't seen Ajayi play much, however, I'll be surprised if he can cover as much ground as Azubuike does in midfield.
Cellular wrote:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iggy was injured and carried off during his last game but I don’t know the severity of his injury.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

olu wrote:By the way, I saw Awazeim play against Galatasary over the weekend. I was impressed with his performance. He was quick and clean in his tackles and was also calm and assured with the ball at his feet. Never seemed like he was in a hurry to boot the ball upfront, and even when he made long passes, he often found his target. Omeruo and Ekong will most certainly be in the final 23. The remaining 2 CB spots will be be between Awazeim, Balogun, and Ajayi. I haven't really seen Ajayi play much so I can't really compare him to Awazeim. Regarding Balogun, my thought is Rohr invite him to camp and assess whether his lack of playing time has significantly affected his fitness.

I also was impressed with Azubuike. With Onazi out, and Agu missing portions of the season due to injury, it seems like Azubuike is probably the most logical backup for Ndidi. I haven't seen Ajayi play much, however, I'll be surprised if he can cover as much ground as Azubuike does in midfield.
Cellular wrote:

Thanks bro. :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Awanzie fouled Onyekuru for the PL, this last week, it was super funny..Onye made a meal out of it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Olu: I think rohr might take the 5 of them (troost Romero balogun and awaziem as ajayi is a jolly and he might use him as a replacement for both. That will allow him to take his 'big' striker. We shall see.

Cellular: I think jamilu has the left back locked down and Ola Aina will play on the right.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Ebuehi is he back from injury?
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

He has still to make an appearance for either Benfica or Benfica B. I am not sure if he is back in training but I think we can count him out for AFCON.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Paveman wrote:Olu: I think rohr might take the 5 of them (troost Romero balogun and awaziem as ajayi is a jolly and he might use him as a replacement for both. That will allow him to take his 'big' striker. We shall see.

Cellular: I think jamilu has the left back locked down and Ola Aina will play on the right.
I dont know why and I might be biased but I am not convinced by this Ajayi guy.
It doesn't help that his team has now been relegated from tier 2 (The Championship) to tier 3 (League One). :(

He needs to find a new club sharp-sharp to remain relevant next season.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Anyway, this is encouraging, coming from his own manager.
And I think this was shortly before they were officially relegated.
Paul Warne on the prospect of Rotherham United selling Semi Ajayi in the summer
By Paul Davis | 25/04/2019

Paul Warne on the prospect of Rotherham United selling Semi Ajayi in the summer
Semi Ajayi
ROTHERHAM United are facing up to the prospect that they could lose Sky Bet March Championship Player of the Month Semi Ajayi at the end of the season.

Ajayi, who can play as a centre-half or holding midfielder, has scored eight goals in the Millers' push for second-tier survival and has broken into the Nigerian international set-up.

The 25-year-old is under contract for another year but manager Paul Warne acknowledges that one of Rotherham's prized assets will depart if bigger sides come calling in the summer.

“Unless you are the richest club in the world, you are always potentially going to have your best players moving on,” the manager said.

“This isn't being disrespectful to any Rotherham fans, but you can't expect the best players to stay here forever. If they are that good and they are performing to a level, they will move on.

“Look at Chelsea — they can't keep hold of Eden Hazard. If Semi bangs in ten goals from midfield, plays for his country and three clubs want him, we won't be able to hold on to him. I'm not trying to be depressing. It's just a fact.”

Ajay has started every Millers match this season and hit the net five times in five games last month to pick up the Sky Bet prize.

He was signed on a free transfer from Cardiff City by Warne after a successful loan spell in 2017 and has made 104 appearances in total.

“I'm really pleased for him,” the boss said. “When I brought him to the club a couple of years ago, he was definitely raw around the edges, but we always thought that if we could polish him a little bit he would become a great player.

“He's a great kid. He's always smiling, he's always positive. He's had his Nigeria call-up this season which has helped his career and his profile no end.

“He got a lot of goals in March, and for him to be named the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month makes me really proud of him.

“He trains really hard and he looks after himself. He's pretty dedicated to his football.

“I think the award is also a bit of recognition for his teammates. It shows how competitive people think our team have been. Semi last month was obviously regarded as the best of the bunch.”

With their player tied to AESSEAL New Year Stadium until the end of June next year, the Millers will be able to demand a hefty fee if Ajayi attracts interest.

The Millers restructured their talent-spotting department three weeks ago and new recruitment duo Rob Scott and Chris Trotter are working with Warne on summer transfer targets.

“Obviously I don't want Semi to leave,” Warne said. “But if I took off my manager's hat and looked it at from a personal point of view, do I want him to go on and play as high as he can and have the best life he can? Of course I do.

“That's why our recruitment is key. You have to bring in other players, and hopefully the fans believe in what we're trying to do. If players do move on for sizeable fees and we can reinvest the money ... well, that's just how football is.

“If it works for both parties that he then moves on, he goes with my love.”

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/s ... _31699.htm
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "