Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 4:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 am 

Last edited by Gotti on Sun May 12, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:49 am 

http://omasports.com/index.php/2019/05/ ... y-from-me/

Quote:
David Alaba- It’s Fake News! Nigerian U-17 Coaches Never Demanded Money From Me
Oma Akatugba POSTED ON MAY 11, 2019

David Alaba* Bayern Munich left back and Austrian international, David Alaba has tagged reports of Nigerian U-17 coaches demanding bribe from his as ‘FAKE’. Alaba, in an exclusive interview with OmaSport said the news is unsubstantiated and false. When quizzed on the veracity of the now viral report, fast making the rounds, Alaba who is on the cusp of earning his 8th league title with the Bavarians said;

‘No! They didn’t demand money from me. It’s fake news.”

Recall that reports on Nigerian locals had flown round about cadet coaches demanding money from Alaba to make him represent the U-17 national team in the 2007 U-17 World Cup.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:49 am 

We said this, but the ITKs insisted and were basically saying "there is no smoke without fire" :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294550

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Gotti wrote:

Said as much. That the dude from ANS is a certified lunatic.

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 pm 

Wow...there was a time this forum was very accurate in locking fake news...I wonder what happened. I am just going to pick one mod and blame them for this. Let me pick damunk....maybe if damunk wasn't too busy focusing on his political correctness, just maybe he would have locked those thread , instead he bumps those thread . I believe I maybe a better moderator compared to damunk

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:28 pm 

Cellular wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I don't understand how the ANS guy writes all those stories and he doesn't get sued. Even right now, he is writing about bribes in the U20 team and I am going , how does he know these stories and how can he substantiate them....

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:31 pm 

i despise the term "fake news." aside from the fact that it was created by a certified racist and lunatic, its also a term that is patenty incorrect, in of itself. only a stupid reporter will allow himself to stoop into the gutter and embarrass his professional ethics by using that term.

As for this report, thanks to the guy for getting us this info. by the way, he sounds like the journo here --

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:58 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Wow...there was a time this forum was very accurate in locking fake news...I wonder what happened. I am just going to pick one mod and blame them for this. Let me pick damunk....maybe if damunk wasn't too busy focusing on his political correctness, just maybe he would have locked those thread , instead he bumps those thread . I believe I maybe a better moderator compared to damunk
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:31 pm 

JACKAL wrote:

I don't understand how the ANS guy writes all those stories and he doesn't get sued. Even right now, he is writing about bribes in the U20 team and I am going , how does he know these stories and how can he substantiate them....
[/quote]
Maybe there is some truth to them and he has evidence that would come out in court.

It's entirely possible that Alaba was not privy to the wheeling and dealing of his handlers.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:34 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
i despise the term "fake news." aside from the fact that it was created by a certified racist and lunatic, its also a term that is patenty incorrect, in of itself. only a stupid reporter will allow himself to stoop into the gutter and embarrass his professional ethics by using that term.

As for this report, thanks to the guy for getting us this info. by the way, he sounds like the journo here --

That is not a fact!
Hillary used the term during her campaign, before the "racist and lunatic" used it.
But she didn't coin it either!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:25 pm 

Kabalega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

That is not a fact!
Hillary used the term during her campaign, before the "racist and lunatic" used it.

uhmmm.... What is NOT a fact? I said "the term 'fake news' was created by a certified racist and lunatic" what is not a fact in that statement?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm 

Kabalega wrote:
Maybe there is some truth to them and he has evidence that would come out in court.

It's entirely possible that Alaba was not privy to the wheeling and dealing of his handlers.

Fatal flaw in your logic is that the ANS story stated that it was Alaba himself who "revealed" that he was asked for a bribe...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm 

So then how did he not represent Nigeria of he was so keen as was earlier reported? Or we that part also not true? :?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 am 

theYemster wrote:
So then how did he not represent Nigeria of he was so keen as was earlier reported? Or we that part also not true? :?
'Eligibiity' as has always been reported.
Even here on CE, many of us have said that focus should exclusively be on local youths for the age-restricted competitions even though we might be open to foreign-born Nigerians competing for places in the senior team(s).

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:22 am 

Damunk wrote:
We said this, but the ITKs insisted and were basically saying "there is no smoke without fire" :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294550

:rotf: Damunk you are one serious murther, you take no prisoners.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:40 am 

Its sad that no one needs to be accountable in Nigeria, why would someone who is supposed pride themselves in accurate information (journalism) not think or investigate before publishing such things!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:15 am 

Gotti wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Fatal flaw in your logic is that the ANS story stated that it was Alaba himself who "revealed" that he was asked for a bribe...

He is just disappointed that a bad story about Nigeria did not turn out to be true.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

That is not a fact!

uhmmm.... What is NOT a fact? I said "the term 'fake news' was created by a certified racist and lunatic" what is not a fact in that statement?

Fake news has been around since forever. Trump may have popularised the term but if you ever pressed send on your device in response to many of the urban myths that flooded your email box, you were enabling fake news.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 pm 

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

That is not a fact!

Fake news has been around since forever. Trump may have popularised the term but if you ever pressed send on your device in response to many of the urban myths that flooded your email box, you were enabling fake news.

I think you and I may clearly be on two different wavelengths. You seem to be concerned with news stories that are untrue, stuff like "propaganda" etc.

I am referring to the actual phrase "Fale News," as a term to describe actual newsworthy stories, in order to delegitimize the press. It is true that this is not the first time, this idea has been used. In fact, it was used by the Nazis -- Lügenpresse, which means, "Lying Press." So, can you provide evidence that the actual term -- Fake News -- was used, in the context I have provided above, previously. I legitimately would like to know.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:24 pm 

theYemster wrote:

That was extensively discussed 6 or 7 years ago (see below)...
The issue then was the NFF wanted to limit 'eligibility' to home-based kids.

Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Very very old news on CE.

Another allnigeriasoccer.com special...
When the story first came about SIX YEARS AGO, bribes were NOT mentioned.

https://www.nairaland.com/1302846/why-d ... eria-david
SEVEN years ago, actually.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220426&p=3503855

And again in 2014, a thread in which Roachlings was doing his usual thing that roaches do.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246240

...and obviously still does, 5yrs on.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:26 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
I think you and I may clearly be on two different wavelengths. You seem to be concerned with news stories that are untrue, stuff like "propaganda" etc.

I am referring to the actual phrase "Fale News," as a term to describe actual newsworthy stories, in order to delegitimize the press. It is true that this is not the first time, this idea has been used. In fact, it was used by the Nazis -- Lügenpresse, which means, "Lying Press." So, can you provide evidence that the actual term -- Fake News -- was used, in the context I have provided above, previously. I legitimately would like to know.

Dude, everything is contextual...
This is not news being delegitimized, but rather LITERALLY fake news!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:59 pm 

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Dude, everything is contextual...
This is not news being delegitimized, but rather LITERALLY fake news!

This is an argument that, if had, will have to move to rant and rave. lol. because my argument against "Fake News" is an academic and logic-based one.... I have argued that it is a phrase that cannot exist, simply because news cannot be fake. The very essence of news is providing verified information. They can use terms like false report or propaganda etc etc... anyway, no mind me. I am just a stickler for things like this and I have been having this argument for over 3 years. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:06 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
This is an argument that, if had, will have to move to rant and rave. lol. because my argument against "Fake News" is an academic and logic-based one.... I have argued that it is a phrase that cannot exist, simply because news cannot be fake. The very essence of news is providing verified information. They can use terms like false report or propaganda etc etc... anyway, no mind me. I am just a stickler for things like this and I have been having this argument for over 3 years. :lol:

Agreed that it is a discourse best suited for another forum, but...
While news may be false but not fake, when it is pulled out of thin air, it's BOTH false and fake!