ALABA CALLS ANS' BRIBE STORY "FAKE NEWS"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALABA CALLS ANS' BRIBE STORY "FAKE NEWS"

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:This is an argument that, if had, will have to move to rant and rave. lol. because my argument against "Fake News" is an academic and logic-based one.... I have argued that it is a phrase that cannot exist, simply because news cannot be fake. The very essence of news is providing verified information. They can use terms like false report or propaganda etc etc... anyway, no mind me. I am just a stickler for things like this and I have been having this argument for over 3 years. :lol:
Agreed that it is a discourse best suited for another forum, but...
While news may be false but not fake, when it is pulled out of thin air, it's BOTH false and fake!
You see, I guess that's my point of contention --- if "news" is pulled out of thin air, it can no longer be "news." It is now propaganda or whatever we'd like to call it. Anyway, I see your point.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?