Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: leon balogun
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2425
Location: Malta
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11691
Location: seattle
Paveman wrote:
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....

You don’t know how to go to Brighton website

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 7190
Paveman wrote:
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....


Leon's just not been able to make the Brighton squad all season, inspite of their horrific defensive record of Duffy and Dunk.
He needs to ask to be traded, cause I dont see this changing anytime soon, unless they change their useless coach.

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7710
Division two quality

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14510
Location: Houston, Texas.
So your didn't see how terrible he played when they gave him a chance? He needs to go back to Germany. The speed of the EPL was too much for him.

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3506
jette1 wrote:
Paveman wrote:
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....

You don’t know how to go to Brighton website


Is that necessary? Paveman is one of the CEs who never insults. He brings information and insight. Too many like him now avoid this site because of all this snark. Let’s tone it down please.

As for Leon it’s a strange one. He’s just not met the grade. When I’ve watched him it’s not really been pace. More composure on the ball. Which says a lot.

Will Rohr drop him?

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8636
waka-man wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Paveman wrote:
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....

You don’t know how to go to Brighton website


Is that necessary? Paveman is one of the CEs who never insults. He brings information and insight. Too many like him now avoid this site because of all this snark. Let’s tone it down please.

As for Leon it’s a strange one. He’s just not met the grade. When I’ve watched him it’s not really been pace. More composure on the ball. Which says a lot.

Will Rohr drop him?

I totally agree with you on Paveman. He brings quality to this forum and does not deserve snide remarks.
On Balogun, I think it's the speed of the EPL and it takes a while to get used to especially when he's not playing regularly.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11691
Location: seattle
Dammy wrote:
waka-man wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Paveman wrote:
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....

You don’t know how to go to Brighton website


Is that necessary? Paveman is one of the CEs who never insults. He brings information and insight. Too many like him now avoid this site because of all this snark. Let’s tone it down please.

As for Leon it’s a strange one. He’s just not met the grade. When I’ve watched him it’s not really been pace. More composure on the ball. Which says a lot.

Will Rohr drop him?

I totally agree with you on Paveman. He brings quality to this forum and does not deserve snide remarks.
On Balogun, I think it's the speed of the EPL and it takes a while to get used to especially when he's not playing regularly.


you guys need to get out a little more; too rigid to take a simple joke

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2425
Location: Malta
Actually I checked the Brighton website and couldn't find the info. I know he has been poor this season and has always bern on the bench. I was surprised to see that he was not even on the bench yesterday and wondered if he had been injured or possibly subject to disciplinary measures etc. At leasti I would expect him to make the bench...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 543
Balogun is not a modern defender. He needs to learn how play the ball out of the back to conserve possession. Gone are the days of "anywhere belle face". This is why I enjoy watching Omeruo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8636
jette1 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
waka-man wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Paveman wrote:
why was he not at least on the bench today vs man city? Is he injured? or has he even lost his place as first replacement.
Omeruo and Troost-Ekong will start at AFCON but it's important that Leon is fully fit and confident....

You don’t know how to go to Brighton website


Is that necessary? Paveman is one of the CEs who never insults. He brings information and insight. Too many like him now avoid this site because of all this snark. Let’s tone it down please.

As for Leon it’s a strange one. He’s just not met the grade. When I’ve watched him it’s not really been pace. More composure on the ball. Which says a lot.

Will Rohr drop him?

I totally agree with you on Paveman. He brings quality to this forum and does not deserve snide remarks.
On Balogun, I think it's the speed of the EPL and it takes a while to get used to especially when he's not playing regularly.


you guys need to get out a little more; too rigid to take a simple joke

Apologies accepted! :lol:

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2313
He made a few misplaced passes/errors, but I wouldn't say he was terrible. Speed didn't seem to be his problem. I thought he was able to keep up with attackers. It was more of bad passes. Wouldn't say he was that much worse than the guys starting ahead of him.

Undertaker wrote:
So your didn't see how terrible he played when they gave him a chance? He needs to go back to Germany. The speed of the EPL was too much for him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24799
Location: your girls place
He should have stayed in Germany.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12570
bret- hart wrote:
He should have stayed in Germany.


Ah! There you are again. And I suspect that you would have provided him a pay increase and taken care of his family, while he remained in Germany to please you? :roll:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11691
Location: seattle
All these ones are at best - speculations.

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7809
Balogun was fine when he played. Niggling injuries were his undoing. They will have a new coach next season and he will have a chance to prove that he was not used enough by Hughton.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:18 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38451
Location: Land of the Terrapins
mystic wrote:
Balogun was fine when he played. Niggling injuries were his undoing. They will have a new coach next season and he will have a chance to prove that he was not used enough by Hughton.


Was so weird that they never really gave him a chance after their two starters came back from injury. Poor guy...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29553
gochino wrote:
Balogun is not a modern defender. He needs to learn how play the ball out of the back to conserve possession. Gone are the days of "anywhere belle face". This is why I enjoy watching Omeruo.

Balogun is certainly not an "anywhere belle face" defender (albeit those are ironically still suffuse in the EPL), and in his league debut for Brighton (against Man Utd) was simply class.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29553
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
Balogun was fine when he played. Niggling injuries were his undoing. They will have a new coach next season and he will have a chance to prove that he was not used enough by Hughton.

Was so weird that they never really gave him a chance after their two starters came back from injury. Poor guy...

Not at all surprised...

As I noted when he was signed, the (pleasant) surprise would be if he got substantial playing time...
Reality is that on a dodgy team, Dunk (who is now an England international) and Duffy are a cut above.

See the discussion here...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288289&start=23

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:25 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38451
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
Balogun was fine when he played. Niggling injuries were his undoing. They will have a new coach next season and he will have a chance to prove that he was not used enough by Hughton.

Was so weird that they never really gave him a chance after their two starters came back from injury. Poor guy...

Not at all surprised...

As I noted when he was signed, the (pleasant) surprise would be if he got substantial playing time...
Reality is that on a dodgy team, Dunk (who is now an England international) and Duffy are a cut above.

See the discussion here...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288289&start=23


I def remember that thread well well, I was just hoping he would get to play cup games and these last EPL games where nothing was at stake. Sad sha...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14510
Location: Houston, Texas.
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
Balogun was fine when he played. Niggling injuries were his undoing. They will have a new coach next season and he will have a chance to prove that he was not used enough by Hughton.


Was so weird that they never really gave him a chance after their two starters came back from injury. Poor guy...


Dunk and Duffy were better!

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:42 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38451
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Undertaker wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
Balogun was fine when he played. Niggling injuries were his undoing. They will have a new coach next season and he will have a chance to prove that he was not used enough by Hughton.


Was so weird that they never really gave him a chance after their two starters came back from injury. Poor guy...


Dunk and Duffy were better!


Sure, you but you bought a new defender you would think you would give them some games in the cup etc, but it just seemed injury was the ONLY way he'd get PT...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leon balogun
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43206
One of the most difficult position to break into in a football team is the central defence and this is because it is not all up to you alone. This is one position the coach would even ask one of the the two who they prefer besides them. Like it or not the duo of Duffy and Dunk have formed a formidable pair together, I enjoy watching their partnership.

Someone said Balogun is not a modern center half, neither is Duffy a kick and follow, but Duffy scores goals. In fact Duffy's hates passing and he knows his limitations as soon as an opponent approaches he hoofs the ball away. But he is the second highest goal scorer for the team after Murray I think, good luck to dropping a defender who scores in a team where goals are hard to come by.
Dunk is the better of the two, he leads the defence and provides leadership from the rear an essential ingredient when it comes to setting up your defence.

From the word go I called it saying Balogun was an acquisition to serve as back up to the duo, one to be called in should either of the two go down.

I cannot understand what the lamentation is all about, Brighton did not have the luxury to give Jersey to any player just for the fun of it, they fought for survival throughout the season, therefore only there best could afford to step onto the field.

Let us cut out the sentiments Balogun is not as good as either of those two, and this is coming from someone who rates Balogun and likes his game.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], maceo4 and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group