FALCONS LIST 27 FOR PRE-WC CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
FALCONS LIST 27 FOR PRE-WC CAMP

Post by Gotti »

Nigeria’s final list of 23 players for the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals will emerge from this group of 27 players, with four players to be cut towards the end of the two-week camping period in Austria. Camp reportedly opens on May 20 May at the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf, the same facility that hosted the Super Eagles' final camp for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

The list includes seven players from the (primarily home-based) Super Falcons' B team currently competing at the WAFU Women's Cup tournament in Cote D'Ivoire (GKs Chiamaka Nnadozie, Christy Ohiaeriaku and Alaba Jonathan, defenders Chidinma Okeke and former skipper Evelyn Nwabuoku, midfielder Amarachi Okoronkwo, and forwards Uchenna Kanu and Alice Ogebe).
Courtesy of NFF website

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Rivers Angels); Alaba Jonathan (Bayelsa Queens); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Confluence Queens)

Defenders: Osinachi Ohale (Vaxjo DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Ebere (Arna Bjornar, Norway); Onome Ebi (Henan Huisanhang, China); Josephine Chukwunonye (Kungsbacka DFF, Sweden); Faith Michael (Pitea IF, Sweden); Chidinma Okeke (FC Robo)

Midfielders: Cecilia Nku (Ferencvaros Torna, Hungary); Rita Chikwelu (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Evelyn Nwabuoku (Rivers Angels); Ogonna Chukwudi (Djurgardens IF, Sweden); Halimatu Ayinde (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons)

Forwards: Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Anam Imo (Malmo FC Rosengard, Sweden); Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Chinaza Uchendu (SC Braga, Portugal); Uchenna Kanu (Southeastern University, USA); Rasheedat Ajibade (Alvadsnes IL, Norway); Francisca Ordega (Shanghai W. FC); Ini-Abasi Umotong (Brighton Hove & Albion, England); Alice Ogebe (Rivers Angels)
Last edited by Gotti on Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FALCONS LIST 27 FOR PRE-WC CAMP

Post by jette1 »

No Dike ? What happened
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

And no Payne
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oyek wrote:And no Payne
...no gain. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

This is what I told CE's Otitokoro about Nwabuoku who disagreed with me.
Now the coach has confirmed what I have been saying.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Also Otitokoro was not sure about Okeke who I think is better than some of those who has been with the team.
Now the coach has also confirmed what I have been saying.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

jette1 wrote:No Dike ? What happened
Jette
How do I convince you that Dike will not do better for the team?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Which club does she play for? Answer that question first.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dike and Payne no even make camp? :shock:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:Dike and Payne no even make camp? :shock:
Was the NFF able to complete Payne's nationality switch?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
Don't know o.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Adisboy wrote:
Which club does she play for? Answer that question first.
I’m pretty sure she would walk right in and get captains band at Confluence queens if playing for a team is the criteria
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Props to you, bro. - you were spot on!
In hindsight, I think I can understand Evelyn's call up - she has tons of experience, as a WWC vet.
Okeke's selection, for me, is a head scratcher, but the very best of luck to her.
Oguleftie wrote:Also Otitokoro was not sure about Okeke who I think is better than some of those who has been with the team.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Looks like the coach opted to go with those he has largely worked with.
Unfortunately, due to club commitments, Payne could not make any of the tournaments or friendlies she was invited for. Seville Feminina turned down the NFF invites, as they were out of the FIFA windows. Nonetheless, Dennerby could have invited 30 players on his provisional list and used the opportunity to see how she and Dike stack up with the full team. An opportunity wasted, I believe.
Hopefully, the Olympics next year might be an option for Payne.
Gotti wrote:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Very good squad. The best we have to offer.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Otitokoro wrote:Looks like the coach opted to go with those he has largely worked with.
Unfortunately, due to club commitments, Payne could not make any of the tournaments or friendlies she was invited for. Seville Feminina turned down the NFF invites, as they were out of the FIFA windows. Nonetheless, Dennerby could have invited 30 players on his provisional list and used the opportunity to see how she and Dike stack up with the full team. An opportunity wasted, I believe.
Gotti wrote:
It is bad not to make room to see a viable player compete fro a spot.
Someone is at fault here and the person should be called out immediately.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:Props to you, bro. - you were spot on!
In hindsight, I think I can understand Evelyn's call up - she has tons of experience, as a WWC vet.
Okeke's selection, for me, is a head scratcher, but the very best of luck to her.
Oguleftie wrote:Also Otitokoro was not sure about Okeke who I think is better than some of those who has been with the team.

Okeke's selection is spot on in my opinion. She's been the best Centreback at the WAFU Cup.

As for Nwabuoku, she's the reigning MVP of the Nigerian league, so she still has something left in the tank. Assuming that she makes the final roster (which is not a slam dunk) she brings both experience and position versatility.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:Looks like the coach opted to go with those he has largely worked with.
Gotti wrote:

Would've liked to have seen what Patricia George brought to the table as well, but not sure what happened with her. All the same, I think that this is the best team that we have to offer.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

If na Naija coach draw up this list una for don shout tribalism!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Has Payne's FIFA switched been finalized yet?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As always - the GKs are the concern. *Jitters*
Gotti wrote:Nigeria’s final list of 23 players for the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals will emerge from this group of 27 players, with four players to be cut towards the end of the two-week camping period in Austria. Camp reportedly opens on May 20 May at the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf, the same facility that hosted the Super Eagles' final camp for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

The list includes seven players from the (primarily home-based) Super Falcons' B team currently competing at the WAFU Women's Cup tournament in Cote D'Ivoire (GKs Chiamaka Nnadozie, Christy Ohiaeriaku and Alaba Jonathan, defenders Chidinma Okeke and former skipper Evelyn Nwabuoku, midfielder Amarachi Okoronkwo, and forwards Uchenna Kanu and Alice Ogebe).
Courtesy of NFF website

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Rivers Angels); Alaba Jonathan (Bayelsa Queens); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Confluence Queens)

Defenders: Osinachi Ohale (Vaxjo DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Ebere (Arna Bjornar, Norway); Onome Ebi (Henan Huisanhang, China); Josephine Chukwunonye (Kungsbacka DFF, Sweden); Faith Michael (Pitea IF, Sweden); Chidinma Okeke (FC Robo)

Midfielders: Cecilia Nku (Ferencvaros Torna, Hungary); Rita Chikwelu (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Evelyn Nwabuoku (Rivers Angels); Ogonna Chukwudi (Djurgardens IF, Sweden); Halimatu Ayinde (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons)

Forwards: Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Anam Imo (Malmo FC Rosengard, Sweden); Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Chinaza Uchendu (SC Braga, Portugal); Uchenna Kanu (Southeastern University, USA); Rasheedat Ajibade (Alvadsnes IL, Norway); Francisca Ordega (Shanghai W. FC); Ini-Abasi Umotong (Brighton Hove & Albion, England); Alice Ogebe (Rivers Angels)
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

wiseone wrote:As always - the GKs are the concern. *Jitters*
Gotti wrote:Nigeria’s final list of 23 players for the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals will emerge from this group of 27 players, with four players to be cut towards the end of the two-week camping period in Austria. Camp reportedly opens on May 20 May at the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf, the same facility that hosted the Super Eagles' final camp for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Courtesy of NFF website

all our GKs are homed based meaning that department may be our shortcoming at the Wcup.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

where is the fine Courtney Dike?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved