Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16486
http://aoifootball.com/2019/05/13/break ... id-cheers/

If you don't like it feel free to hug a non Nepa transformer. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44184
I like that he is willing to go and give the squad moral support.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11253
Location: seattle
1naija wrote:
I like that he is willing to go and give the squad moral support.

He is not limited to moral support he is marshaling the midfield and more

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16486
1naija wrote:
I like that he is willing to go and give the squad moral support.


Don't make me reach through my screen and slap u in the face with a job application. :laugh:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2563
Location: U.S
On current form the three man midfield should be mikel, ndidi and iwobi, with a three man attack of chukwueze, onyekuru, and ighalo(osimhen)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 58445
Azubuike, Ndidi, Iwobi

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2286
Etebo is the number 1 midfielder on our list. I was so impressed with him at the World Cup and for all ndidi hype, he was ok at the World Cup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14421
Location: Houston, Texas.
Thanks but no thanks. We don't need a walking midfielder at the Afcon

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37234
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Undertaker wrote:
Thanks but no thanks. We don't need a walking midfielder at the Afcon


He lightly jogs around lol.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:05 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16486
maceo4 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Thanks but no thanks. We don't need a walking midfielder at the Afcon


He lightly jogs around lol.


We'll take it.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37234
Location: Land of the Terrapins
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Thanks but no thanks. We don't need a walking midfielder at the Afcon


He lightly jogs around lol.


We'll take it.


Do we have a choice lol

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: South London
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Thanks but no thanks. We don't need a walking midfielder at the Afcon


He lightly jogs around lol.


We'll take it.


Do we have a choice lol

Mikel has to attend for now!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3362
We have a really good problem in midfield.
It is clear Rohr favours 4-3-3 and that he sees Iwobi, when included, as one of his mid-3.
So you are looking at 3 from:
Iwobi
Etebo
Ndidi
Mikel

First, each of these guys would be a likely starter for any team in Africa. So it’s a good problem.
We also have to agree that both Ndidi and Mikel, despite other aspirations, are best just in front of the back four with two box to box guys in front of them.

So what do you do?

You could bench Mikel and have Iwobi and Etebo in front of Ndidi but you lose the ability to dictate the pace of the game in the Egyptian heat that Mikel gives you. You also become much more predictable.

Or you could bench Ndidi but lose an incomparable ball winner.

I suspect Rohr will sacrifice Etebo or Iwobi and play Mikel ahead of Ndidi again. It’ll sow the game down and limit our work rate, as well as expose Mikel. But he’ll find passes to the front three that no one can.

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37234
Location: Land of the Terrapins
waka-man wrote:
We have a really good problem in midfield.
It is clear Rohr favours 4-3-3 and that he sees Iwobi, when included, as one of his mid-3.
So you are looking at 3 from:
Iwobi
Etebo
Ndidi
Mikel

First, each of these guys would be a likely starter for any team in Africa. So it’s a good problem.
We also have to agree that both Ndidi and Mikel, despite other aspirations, are best just in front of the back four with two box to box guys in front of them.

So what do you do?

You could bench Mikel and have Iwobi and Etebo in front of Ndidi but you lose the ability to dictate the pace of the game in the Egyptian heat that Mikel gives you. You also become much more predictable.

Or you could bench Ndidi but lose an incomparable ball winner.

I suspect Rohr will sacrifice Etebo or Iwobi and play Mikel ahead of Ndidi again. It’ll sow the game down and limit our work rate, as well as expose Mikel. But he’ll find passes to the front three that no one can.

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.


You could bench who? :rotf: Sans injury, I'd really love to see that! I think it will be more predictable than interesting...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 78896
Location: Earth
Etebo, Mikel and Ndidi, will start as long as they are fit

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 24592
Hmm...Naija football is dead!! smhbt!

_________________
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16486
kolinzo wrote:
Hmm...Naija football is dead!! smhbt!


why? Because the best player we've had in the last decade is going to another Afcon with the SE?

Gerrarra hia mein. :roll:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9572
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
http://aoifootball.com/2019/05/13/breaking-i-would-be-in-egypt-with-eagles-mikel-obi-confirms-amid-cheers/

If you don't like it feel free to hug a non Nepa transformer. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:



Them get power?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, ikeo, Majestic-12 [Bot], ogasir and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group