U20 WC: NIGERIA's 21-MAN SQUAD NAMED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: U20 WC: NIGERIA's 21-MAN SQUAD NAMED

Post by Obong »

Cmoke wrote:De boy get talent!

Na Isaac Success pikin?

ohenhen1 wrote:Success Makanjuola is the young guy that was once linked to Chelsea. Didn't he sign with Leicester?

Is he a winger?
Cmoke! :thumbs:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Success Makanjuola is the young guy that was once linked to Chelsea. Didn't he sign with Leicester?

Is he a winger?
No it is not...
That was Habib Makanjuola, and he's with Leicester City U23s.
Ohenhen opaxing as usual..... :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Paveman wrote:
Gotti wrote:Unfortunately, I do not hold out much hope for this Flying Eagles' squad (as Coach Paul Aigbogun literally still seems to be scouting and screening players with barely a couple of weeks to the commencement of the tournament), and thus anything they achieve past the group stage I would consider a bonus.

Hopefully, some promising SE/Olympics team prospects would emerge. GOOD LUCK LADS!
Goalkeepers: Detan Ogundare (Kogi United); Olawale Oremade (Kwara United); Jonathan Zaccala (Triestina FC, Italy)

Defenders: Valentine Ozornwafor (Enyimba FC); Aliu Salawudeen (Amuneke Academy); Igoh Ogbu (Rosenborg BK, Norway); Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC); Muhammad Rabiu (Plateau United); Jamil Muhammad (Kano Pillars)

Midfielders: Nnamdi Ofoborh (AFC Bournemouth, England); Eletu Peter (Prince Kazeem FC); Ayotomiwa Dele-Bashiru (Manchester City, England); Kingsley Michael (AC Perugia, Italy); Effiom Maxwell (Enyimba FC); Aniekeme Okon (Akwa United); Collins Sor (Oasis FC)

Forwards: Jerome Adams (Sogndal IL, Norway); Tijani Muhammed (FC Banik Ostrava, Czech Republic); Henry Offia (IK Sirius Uppsala, Sweden); Chinonso Emeka (Club Brookhouse, England); Success Makanjuola (Water FC)

*Courtesy of NFF website
Remind me, what year is the eldest they can be born?
p.s. what the hell is club brookhouse????
p.p.s Jonathan Zaccala is actually part of Serie D (amateur) team GS Arconatese and as far as I can gather has not played a single game for the senior team this year....
:rotf: Was thinking the same thing but I think there's one in Liverpool by that name (not that they are attached to Liverpool or even Everton)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote:Unfortunately, I do not hold out much hope for this Flying Eagles' squad (as Coach Paul Aigbogun literally still seems to be scouting and screening players with barely a couple of weeks to the commencement of the tournament), and thus anything they achieve past the group stage I would consider a bonus.

Hopefully, some promising SE/Olympics team prospects would emerge. GOOD LUCK LADS!
Goalkeepers: Detan Ogundare (Kogi United); Olawale Oremade (Kwara United); Jonathan Zaccala (Triestina FC, Italy)

Defenders: Valentine Ozornwafor (Enyimba FC); Aliu Salawudeen (Amuneke Academy); Igoh Ogbu (Rosenborg BK, Norway); Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC); Muhammad Rabiu (Plateau United); Jamil Muhammad (Kano Pillars)

Midfielders: Nnamdi Ofoborh (AFC Bournemouth, England); Eletu Peter (Prince Kazeem FC); Ayotomiwa Dele-Bashiru (Manchester City, England); Kingsley Michael (AC Perugia, Italy); Effiom Maxwell (Enyimba FC); Aniekeme Okon (Akwa United); Collins Sor (Oasis FC)

Forwards: Jerome Adams (Sogndal IL, Norway); Tijani Muhammed (FC Banik Ostrava, Czech Republic); Henry Offia (IK Sirius Uppsala, Sweden); Chinonso Emeka (Club Brookhouse, England); Success Makanjuola (Water FC)

*Courtesy of NFF website
A world cup bound under-20 team with academy players and a player from a non-league club in the UK? Ok oh.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is not unusual. Look at the plight of Kelechi Nwakii. Signed with Arsenal, loaned out to 2nd or 3rd division teams because he couldn't get work permit in England. Nigerians are not given the same opportunities as Europeans for jobs in Europe. You will have to show exceptional talent at an early age to get into the major clubs.

Is a guy like Guandozi better than Nwakili?

Also most of our top players are not part of the team. Uzoho, Chukwuze and etc. The purpose of the U20 or any age grade team is to develop players for the Senior national team. Once they are ready, they should never play for the age grade team again.

I don't get why the US is inviting Senior team players like Tim Weah, Richards, Mckennie for an U20 tournament. That makes no sense.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The coach did a poor job addressing the striking options. Some of his selections look fishy, last minute call ups from unknown places.

Nigeria can lineup in a 4-3-3 formation.

Oremadi
Aliu, Igoh, Ozoronwafor, Utin
K Michael, Ofoborh, Bashiru
Jerome Akor, Chinoso Emeka, M Effiom

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

*Courtesy of NFF website
People who play for Sirius Uppsala and club brookhouse don’t emerge from anything :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote:

*Courtesy of NFF website
A world cup bound under-20 team with academy players and a player from a non-league club in the UK? Ok oh.
:agree: Its as if they're using this tournament to promote unknown players ( probably supplied by agents),until the NFA encourage clubs to organise their own academies and design a structured independent youth system I'm not sure what else they can do?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Having said that, are there Nigerian players born in 1999 or later (apart from the SE ones like chukwueze and uzoho) that are playing in good professional clubs or their youth teams and that have been left out ? I cannot think of any off the top of my head at the moment.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Paveman wrote:Having said that, are there Nigerian players born in 1999 or later (apart from the SE ones like chukwueze and uzoho) that are playing in good professional clubs or their youth teams and that have been left out ? I cannot think of any off the top of my head at the moment.
Uzoho was born in 1998 not 1999.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why didn't Akpan Udoh make the team?

DOB July 18 1999.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man this team looks sorry.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bret- hart wrote:Man this team looks sorry.
That's usually a good thing.

If web can unearth one or two to class prospects from the entire squad then it's a good day's work.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why didn't Akpan Udoh make the team?

DOB July 18 1999.
The clubless Akpan Udoh was in the AYC squad (as 3d string GK)...
But has apparently been dropped for Zaccala, who was also at the AYC camp in Abuja.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:The coach did a poor job addressing the striking options. Some of his selections look fishy, last minute call ups from unknown places.

Oremadi
Agree. Except for Jerome Akor who was the leading scorer for the team in the AYC qualifiers...
He was then playing at Plateau United, but missed out on the AYC because of his transfer to Norway.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Did the coach even attempt to talk to Authur Okonkwo??? His inclusion would make more sense than that guy that plays in Seria Z. Maduka Okoye would have been another good option.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, the team will play a friendly against Red Bull Salzburg this evening (Tuesday) in Salzburg, and then its final formal friendly against Red Bull Lepzig in Germany on Friday, before heading off to Poland for the tournament on Sunday (May 19).

Unsure if these are against the U23 (or reserve) teams of both Red Bull clubs, given the season is over.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bret- hart wrote:Did the coach even attempt to talk to Authur Okonkwo??? His inclusion would make more sense than that guy that plays in Seria Z. Maduka Okoye would have been another good option.
Maduka Okoye reportedly tweeted recently that he will be joining the U23 squad for the final U23 AFCON qualifiers against Sudan. We await.

Meanwhile, I think that Nigeria/NFF has been chasing after Arthur Okonkwo for a minute, and can only conclude that the effort has thus far been unsuccessful.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue May 14, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Are we planning on winning or just to show up :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Jerome Akor Adam's is on loan from a Nigerian academy. He scored in their first friendly in Germany along with Effiom Maxwell and Dele Bashiru. I remember Mikel was at Lynn Oslo when he was playing at the U20s. Most players at this level are semi pros. Playing at a small club like club brookhouse doesn't mean that they are bad players.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The coach did a poor job addressing the striking options. Some of his selections look fishy, last minute call ups from unknown places.

Oremadi
Agree. Except for Jerome Akor who was the leading scorer for the team in the AYC qualifiers...
He was then playing at Plateau United, but missed out on the AYC because of his transfer to Norway.
He is on loan with option to buy.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Jerome Akor Adam's is on loan from a Nigerian academy. He scored in their first friendly in Germany along with Effiom Maxwell and Dele Bashiru. I remember Mikel was at Lynn Oslo when he was playing at the U20s. Most players at this level are semi pros. Playing at a small club like club brookhouse doesn't mean that they are bad players.
That's right, he was at an academy in Kaduna or Kano (forgotten the name)...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

France is coming with Alban Lafont, Nicolas Cozza, Boubacar Kamara, Evan N'd#$%, William Saliba, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Mickaël Cuisance, Enzo Loiodice :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley