Diego Forlan and Kelechi Iheanacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Diego Forlan and Kelechi Iheanacho

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
danfo driver wrote:If Iheanacho has the opportunity (financial and clubwise) to head to Italy or Germany, he should grab it with both hands. He will be tearing the net in both leagues. Unfortunately, i do not believe any club in both countries will give him the same financial package as Leicester. But who knows?!

I wouldnt suggest Spain, honestly.
If he wants to play at a high level then it’s Spain or Germany but if it’s money he wants then he can go to China or join Captain Musa in the desert!
Italy is a very high level. Juventus has proven that in the last 3-4 years in CL. Milan and Inter are rejuvenated. Napoli humiliated themselves this year in Europe, but they are up there. Then you have Roma and Lazio. Even the likes of Atalanta (they have scored the most goals in Italy and I think top 5 in Europe) are fighting for CL.

Spain is difficult for him because the misconception that "you have space in Spain," is pretty much what it is-- a misconception. In Spain, even the tiny teams press! I just dont see his style of play as the type that will do very well in Spain.
They only way you’re getting payed more than a Premiership club in Italy is if you are one of the top earners at Juventus, I doubt it Juventus want Kelechi!
But if it’s about football I agree Italian football is of a high standard but he might have to take a pay cut!
maybe, maybe not. A good lawyer/agenty should be able to negotiate it in a way where he gets paid his money that Leicester still owe him. Almost like a pay off in order to get rid of him. For instance when Alexis Sanchez leaves United, do you think he will take a "pay cut?" Nope! United will pay him off to get rid of him.
Maybe so but Who’s looking into buying Kelechi?How long has he got left on his contract?
I have no idea.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Kelechi should look into going to France or Spain for his next destination. He should hand in a transfer request. Nigeria forwards should stay away from Leicester FC.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohenhen1 wrote:Kelechi should look into going to France or Spain for his next destination. He should hand in a transfer request. Nigeria forwards should stay away from Leicester FC.
China a la ighalo or Saudi a la Musa will suit him best
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

It is amazing how a young man in his early twenties... who gets very well paid for what he loves, has represented his nation in conquering the world, a household name in parts of the country that established the game.. is considered a failure or someone who "did not make good use of his talent". His mates playing set on some obscure fields nko?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

It’s funny how the likes of amokachi, yekini, kanu, okocha, amunike, finidi, Moses all played at 2 or 3 World Cups and MUSA still outnumbered them by his performance. Yet, someone is saying Musa isn’t good enough for SE level. If MUSA based on his performance for SE at 2 World Cups isn’t good enough for SE then no one good enough. Musa is only denigrated and disparaged because of his Tribe and there nothing more to add
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:It’s funny how the likes of amokachi, yekini, kanu, okocha, amunike, finidi, Moses all played at 2 or 3 World Cups and MUSA still outnumbered them by his performance. Yet, someone is saying Musa isn’t good enough for SE level. If MUSA based on his performance for SE at 2 World Cups isn’t good enough for SE then no one good enough. Musa is only denigrated and disparaged because of his Tribe and there nothing more to add
Then, please, add nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:It’s funny how the likes of amokachi, yekini, kanu, okocha, amunike, finidi, Moses all played at 2 or 3 World Cups and MUSA still outnumbered them by his performance. Yet, someone is saying Musa isn’t good enough for SE level. If MUSA based on his performance for SE at 2 World Cups isn’t good enough for SE then no one good enough. Musa is only denigrated and disparaged because of his Tribe and there nothing more to add
What are you going on about? Musa failed at Leicester, even he will tell you that, its why he left and went back to Russia and then off to Saudi. Haba, why are you bringing up World Cup (a tournament where he played 3 or 4 games) when we are talking about Leicester (a club seasons of over 38 games)? Some players don't fit certain teams/leagues, but unlike Musa we have seen Kelechi play well in the EPL so there is empirical evidence he CAN possibly play well again in the EPL given the right team. Musa hot tailed it out of the EPL as it wasn't going well, so we don't know if the EPL is a right fit for him, we just know it didn't work out for him when he tried it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa failed at Leicester just like Iheanacho, slimani, kramaric, Forlan at (man it’d) veron, etc like many other great players but to say epl is above his level when he has shown competency at World Cup is ignorant. I will say this, Musa is as good as anyone for SE when used correctly (9) but when you play him as a right winger, that’s where there’s a problem. Say no to tribalism joor
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Musa failed at Leicester just like Iheanacho, slimani, kramaric, Forlan at (man it’d) veron, etc like many other great players but to say epl is above his level when he has shown competency at World Cup is ignorant. I will say this, Musa is as good as anyone for SE when used correctly (9) but when you play him as a right winger, that’s where there’s a problem. Say no to tribalism joor
I thought you said there was nothing more to add? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Musa failed at Leicester just like Iheanacho, slimani, kramaric, Forlan at (man it’d) veron, etc like many other great players but to say epl is above his level when he has shown competency at World Cup is ignorant. I will say this, Musa is as good as anyone for SE when used correctly (9) but when you play him as a right winger, that’s where there’s a problem. Say no to tribalism joor
Who knows if its above his level, but the fact remains that the ONLY top 5 league Musa played in is the EPL AND he failed there. The likes of Forlan proved themselves in OTHER top 5 leagues while Musa took the retirement route rather than PROVING he can hack it in a top 5 league. So there is no way you can be sure about that, regardless of what he did in 2 games at the World Cup!!!!! You are basically extrapolating effectiveness in an entire club season (38+ games) based on twice having 1 good game in a tournament. The thing is Musa did have at least 1 or 2 good games for Leicester, but was overall a failure in the entire 38+ games SEASON! Even look at his tally now in the Saudi Arabia league, 7 goals in 23 league games, what do you call that? A successful season for a striker? He's simply not someone you can rely on for consistent goals, and consistency is key in league games, not one off games, but you can repeat this feat consistently over the course of a season. Kele has show he could do that in the 1.5/2 seasons he had at City, so hopefully he can regain that at a decent level in another club in or outside of the EPL. Just stop being so hurt whenever someone mentions Musa, jeeez.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Kelechi AFC recently met with Kele at the parking lot.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nothing more to add in reference to what I have said earlier. Musa is still Nigerian forward (GOAT) any tribalism that says otherwise is just hating
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lager-back wrote:Kelechi AFC recently met with Kele at the parking lot.
Who be afc
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Kele would probably score loads of goals in Holland or France where the game is slower and less physical.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:If Iheanacho has the opportunity (financial and clubwise) to head to Italy or Germany, he should grab it with both hands. He will be tearing the net in both leagues. Unfortunately, i do not believe any club in both countries will give him the same financial package as Leicester. But who knows?!

Okay, let's play the Devil's Advocate here.
All sentments aside.... where does this unshakeable belief in Kelechi actually come from?
His U17 youth days?
His brief spell at 'City?
His SE outings?

I ask because I used to be one of his greatest fans (check out my numerous postings on the kid) but I am struggling to keep the faith.

I have always said he is a 'confidence' player, a 'young' player, even a 'misused player' but there are only so many excuses one can give.

I want him to do well but are we hoping on feelings rather than fact?
Just curious - and not a little frustrated.

Two things, in my personal opinion:

1. He lacks professional ambition
2. He is of average football intelligence in that he doesn't learn quickly and appears not to retain what he's learnt.
I agree with you on #1 but with respect to #2, I disagree because he does have football intelligence and plays with his head up. Where he's struggled is his overall technical skill + physical strength. When you are a relatively small striker, you need to be physically strong to hold off challenges from defenders and technically gifted for the ball to stick to your leg while fighting off challenges. This is where he struggles most. His vision and movement are good enough but its in the aforementioned aspects that he struggles. Until he fixes those aspects, he will not score nor play often at this level.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Okay, let's play the Devil's Advocate here.
All sentments aside.... where does this unshakeable belief in Kelechi actually come from?
His U17 youth days?
His brief spell at 'City?
His SE outings?

I ask because I used to be one of his greatest fans (check out my numerous postings on the kid) but I am struggling to keep the faith.

I have always said he is a 'confidence' player, a 'young' player, even a 'misused player' but there are only so many excuses one can give.

I want him to do well but are we hoping on feelings rather than fact?
Just curious - and not a little frustrated.

Two things, in my personal opinion:

1. He lacks professional ambition
2. He is of average football intelligence in that he doesn't learn quickly and appears not to retain what he's learnt.
I agree with you on #1 but with respect to #2, I disagree because he does have football intelligence and plays with his head up. Where he's struggled is his overall technical skill + physical strength. When you are a relatively small striker, you need to be physically strong to hold off challenges from defenders and technically gifted for the ball to stick to your leg while fighting off challenges. This is where he struggles most. His vision and movement are good enough but its in the aforementioned aspects that he struggles. Until he fixes those aspects, he will not score nor play often at this level.

There's a clip of a KDB counterattacking move from 2017 somewhere on Youtube. As he advances upfield he is pointing at where Kele should be making his run. Before then, Kelechi is taking stutter steps with hands to his sides, with the palms open, back to goal, waiting for the pass...

I still see him doing this towards Maddison at Leicester...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp