Which team is winning AFCON 2019?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Which team is winning AFCON 2019?

Post by maceo4 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Nigeria is the most talented team and should win. Egypt is vastly overrated, all they have is Salah and he is not that great. I fear Mane more than Salah.

If Rohr unlead the young talented forwards...they will decimate any team they face.
The Mane from the WC is nothing to be scared of.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Hopefully Nigeria.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Hopefully Nigeria.
Yea right, with Rohr
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Yea right, with Rohr
One can hope. I suspect we'll fall short but you never know...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Senegal have the most sought after defender in world football and Sane at the back, Gueye and Ndiaye in midfield, and Mane and Balde in attack. Egypt have Salah. Algeria have Mahrez, the best LB in Africa, Brahimi, and Feghouli, Yet "Nigeria is the most talented team" because their GK is not good enough to get in the first team of a second division team, 66% of its midfield play for second division clubs, and their most dangerous attacker is a guy that could not get into Leicester's first team (kept out of the team by Demarai Gray, Marc Albrighton, and Shinji Okazaki).

:rotf:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Nigeria is the most talented team and should win. Egypt is vastly overrated, all they have is Salah and he is not that great. I fear Mane more than Salah.

If Rohr unlead the young talented forwards...they will decimate any team they face.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 21, 2019 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

wiseone wrote:Senegal have the most sought after defender in world football and Sane at the back, Gueye, Kouyate, and Ndiaye in midfield, and Mane and Balde in attack. Egypt have Salah. Algeria have Mahrez, the best LB in Africa, and Feghouli, Yet "Nigeria is the most talented team" because their GK is not good enough to get in the first team of a second division team, 66% of its midfield play for second division clubs, and their most dangerous attacker is a guy that could not get into Leicester's first team (kept out by Demarai Gray, Marc Albrighton, and Shinji Okazaki).

You dey mind am? National pride can make people say some outlandish things sha. Nigeria? Most talented? I laugh.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Yea right, with Rohr

Rohr is not afraid of African opponents :taunt:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

My favourites, in order:
Egypt
Senegal
Nigeria

Egypt at home is a formidable proposition. Add to that their pedigree in this competition, and you have to make them the clear favourites. Oh, and they have one of the world’s best players, with a pretty decent supporting cast. But the biggest player will be the home-crowd support. Most players in the tournament will not have seen anything like it.

Senegal are probably the most complete side with strengths right through the team. They were naive and disorganised at the WC. Have they learnt? Or will Mane - Africa’s other great player right now - try and do everything again as he did in Russia? My sense is against a well-organised team - and there will be a few - Senegal might come up short. But I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

Nigeria arrives with the most settled team in the tournament, and perhaps its most organised. It’s basically the WC team with some useful upgrades, including a potential break-out star in Chukwueze. Beyond that, there are no real stand-out performers. However, apart from in goal, there are no significantly weak areas either, and the midfield looks particularly cultured. With a relatively easy first round, they have time to fine-tune the team. Avoid Egypt until the later stages, and Nigeria could be champions.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

wiseone wrote:Senegal have the most sought after defender in world football and Sane at the back, Gueye, Kouyate, and Ndiaye in midfield, and Mane and Balde in attack. Egypt have Salah. Algeria have Mahrez, the best LB in Africa, and Feghouli, Yet "Nigeria is the most talented team" because their GK is not good enough to get in the first team of a second division team, 66% of its midfield play for second division clubs, and their most dangerous attacker is a guy that could not get into Leicester's first team (kept out by Demarai Gray, Marc Albrighton, and Shinji Okazaki).

If Rohr unleash the young talented forwards...they will decimate any team they face.
And what have they done with all that talents? Remember Ivory Coast when they had all those talents? The Ivory Coast that had Van City quivering and thought they will destroy Nigeria back in 2013? They only have 1 title to show for it and could not get out of a group at the 3 WC appearances.

Game is played on the field not papers or by big names.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

My oga to some extent I see and agree with most of your points, but I've come to realize one thing when it comes to football(at least from the African context, and taking a cue from antecedents of recent history), that big names and stars don't win SH#t. There's more to African and maybe global football than just best player in this position or world class player in that position...otherwise the likes of Argentina and Portugal would have won back to back world cups since both teams boast of the best players on planet earth right now in Messi and CRON. But with that been said, I'm not overly impressed by big names any more... Back when Nigeria had all the big player names and profiles... what did we win? a Nigerian team of nearly Nobodies won the AFCON not too long ago. So yeah, we are NOT in the level of the likes of Senegal when it comes to big names and all, but I absolutely love a well drilled Nigerian team of dedicated and disciplined unpopular players, than a star studded bunch of lazy "world class" players with no passion(we've been through that phase too many times already) ... I can't t bet my money on Senegal beating this crop of Nigerian players if the latter come prepared. Even teams like Uganda, Zimbabwe, Guinea etc can upset the so called teams with all the Mane's, Salahs, Koulibalys etc...
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

This is a really average Nigerian team, so with that in mind I have full confidence that they'll be champions.